Nick W's DT build

Good update. Just what I needed to see as motivation!

That's good to hear buddy. That's one of the reasons I like to put lots of updates on as I hope it helps others. To be honest one of the reasons I printed the newer ab version was after seeing your print of it and liking how more pronounced the details are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to hear buddy. That's one of the reasons I like to put lots of updates on as I hope it helps others. To be honest one of the reasons I printed the newer ab version was after seeing your print of it and liking how more pronounced the details are

Nice! Now I understand your comment about the "extended" ab plate. I didn't know what you were talking about until I saw your post above. I didn't feel like being the dumb noob that was asking a dumb question on that particular day, either. :no: But now I know!

Think the details may soften a bit more with filling and sanding etc. 9f9b77568a1afa83756ed6e24a354360.jpg

A better CE pic of the ab plate

Yeah I think you're right. Those details were a bitch to get right after the resin. I had to redo it all with a Dremel and file set. Your kit is looking great! Watching with great interest :)

Mate I hear that. I spent so long needle filing the details back in and they still looked poor. Got that plate glued in a def think the way that sits is more accurate. Lots more of fibreglass to do on inside. Then snaps, filler and so much sanding ✊ï¸dad2030be939c0cac04c8b093d6e60c0.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got the ab plate finished.

2ee7b8fa13cb648fb6aee30f2a377837.jpg

Have also reprinted several other bits to be better sized to me. Biceps were always to big as were the shoulder bells. Luckily with all these incorrectly sized bits I very nearly have enough to go on my mannequin 🙄😬

I eventually got the lot off to the bodyshop to be painted high gloss black to start. They are doing it as a favour so it is being fit in where they can so is taking awhile.

In the meantime I have taken up sewing. Not my most fun thing. Especially some of the fiddly bits that hold the grenades but pretty happy with the outcome

9031f2387a44915da31e226c42d5faaf.jpg

• Like 1

Got my first batch of painted parts. So happy I spent all that extra time with the finish. Helmet has gone so well. Next to my anovos it makes the anovos look dull and orange peeled!

3e6d8b2aadbba240cee200b4069c812e.jpg

It's almost too good. Gona be a shame to scuff it all up trooping

d8e9691d96c38babcc348757b693ab2f.jpg

f36bd2756797512c4c54adcb2c8926d1.jpge77badcddcd7140027dec860f5d760fa.jpg

They should be painting more today. I have started on the asymmetrical panels

Looking awesome! You sewed your own chest rig, just curious if you used my DIY thread? It looks great!

Looking awesome! You sewed your own chest rig, just curious if you used my DIY thread? It looks great!

Hey thx mate. I did use your guide for the strapping. The main body of the chest rig was a condor rig I got in desert colour and dyed.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Masked off and painted the backplate and chest plate.
1f344f0a047528e0cc66d7e3aa03a4a7.jpg
6fc3db50fdcd6beb8c80b773e0a29f9b.jpg
Thighs have been masked off and I painted the ribbed sections to appear like rubber as per crl
64b03131980ca4107243dae71d1d8c2b.jpg
Helmet is finished. Will prob need to fine tune the padding etc. The helmet is pretty front end heavy so it is hard to stop it sitting on your nose.
b00d7deb0917cc7cebabe9f540c69442.jpg
c9fd29dc2608cbcdb6a726051249b4d3.jpg
9ad7c5bdf41f8caade8d767fd531c202.jpg
52bf77d11cdb48e96be3006ed86f2986.jpg
I decided to not paint any silver on the helmet. My inspiration has long been on this build this picture
d371ca6047db8dd3dfff2a685cc91f86.png
No silver on the helmet, buckles or forearm rockets. The greeblies are done in gunmetal which is very close to the anovos.
Also masked off and painted contrasting colours in the indents of the forearms as per crl
5611cbdcc3230f3d34a95cbb598c1507.jpg

Congrats and welcome to Team #NotVader! All your shiny parts are making me want to repaint mine, a years worth of trooping is making me look like I was in the beach assault scene, LOL

• Like 2
Congrats and welcome to Team #NotVader! All your shiny parts are making me want to repaint mine, a years worth of trooping is making me look like I was in the beach assault scene, LOL

Lol. And here’s me thinking on how to scuff mine up to take the shine off

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Woodo007 said:

Lol. And here’s me thinking on how to scuff mine up to take the shine off

LOL Yeah seems we are never satisfied until we are dead or move on to another project!

• Like 1