A Look Inside Your Bucket

This is my good old TK bucket (its easier to get a good pic of this) the pads are simply cut from a foam mat, the kind you get cheaply for using in the garden etc to save you knees..... its cheap and effective, attached very simply with double sided tape.

I did have a fan in there but took it out when i added the foam but it was a simple PC fan with an on/off switch running on a 9V battery.

LPIC7059.jpg

Some pics from my bucket:

There is fan down near the helmet liner nob. A very low profile one that keeps air moving in the bucket and on the back of my head.

dsc0170hc5.jpg

This is another angle showing the runners from the battery pack to the fan near the helmet liner nob and the fan in the front

dsc0169fd7.jpg

This shows the fan I have near the front for my mouth. Both fans working in conjunction do quite a bit.

dsc0171uk5.jpg

I will try and get a pic up of mine including the fine layout. I currently use a helmet liner but will be removing the liner to got the foam route very soon.

ghosty, you actually attached the foam with double sided tape and it holds? I'm surprised.

Yea supprised me too but it seems to be holding for now .... did have to replace a few bits where i had my grubby fingers on them but the rest is quite solid even when putting it on / taking itoff

my wife's RT ... this is how it arrived ... He does good work:

DSCN4990.JPG

I've got the eFX and due to my large head there is no padding, or room for anything fancy ... it's all business in there baby ... hot, sweaty loud business.

my wife's RT ... this is how it arrived ... He does good work:

DSCN4990.JPG

I've got the eFX and due to my large head there is no padding, or room for anything fancy ... it's all business in there baby ... hot, sweaty loud business.

Interesting setup. I might try that first with solid pieces then break them up if needed.

Here's mine. Used the suspension from an M1 military helmet liner (had a couple extras :)). Currently trying to fit some fans in there (hence why the trim is off), but my big head won't let anything else exist in the thing.

DSCF0006-1.jpg

Fivezero

:D

...but my big head won't let anything else exist in the thing.

Welcome to the club brother ... welcome to the club.

Interesting setup. I might try that first with solid pieces then break them up if needed.

And all the foam is on Velco so it can be moved around /replaced / removed. After wearing my eFX all day I have a serious case of Helmet envy.

• 4 weeks later...

All right, here I go (I know, it's about time):

Here's the back of the bucket. It shows the amp and the 9v pack that powers it. Stays on my head with a hardhat suspension.

DSCF2346.jpg

Front (Duh!) I have the 2 fans each powered by a 9v that's tucked in the tube. I took a wire cover ran it along the inside of the tube as well. Kind of gives it a finished look, and hides the wires that run to the mic tip speakers. Also you can see the mic. It's all self contained, and has been added a peice at a time, so it looks pretty haphazardly crowded. I'm thinking about taking it all apart and trying to reseat everything. Just too lazy at the moment.

DSCF2347.jpg

So there is my mess of a bucket.

-iz

mines similar to iz's with a skullworks style setup ,,,ill have to take a few pics /// i did away with liner and sewed pads .etc

i have alot of electronic gizmoes etc.. so its packed pretty tight in there .. batteries etc .

ill see if i can get that done this weekend ?

On our old boards there were pics of the insides of someones bucket that was all decked out. I can't remember who it was though. It looked pretty sweet. Had really nice padding all over and customer framing around the lenses. Wouldn't mind seeing those pics again.

Looks a little crowded Iz.

It is. Everything is placed so it fits to my head perfectly, but others have a hard time getting theirs inside. (And I may be adding one more electronic in there! if it fits.) I guess I should mention, that I took the rubber trim off when I took those pics because I was reattaching it. It had started to come loose in areas. The joys of maintaining armor!

I have the two fans up front blowing on my face for two reasons. First is I wear a balaclava so I can't feel air on the back of my head. The second is because if I don't feel air going past, I get a little claustrophobic and have to take a break every 15-20 minutes to breathe. If I have the fans running it tricks my mind so I can troop for hours.

-iz

Any advice on where to position a squirrel fan? I recently purchased one, but am having trouble deciding where to put it. I need to make sure that it doesn't blow anywhere near my ears as I have enough trouble hearing in the helmet as is. (BTW my helmet is an AP)

well i tried this earlier .. epic fail .crappy lapy top .. erased my 4 gig card . of troops yet to be uploaded alot of shots waiting to be uploaded for mine and others t.o.d.

frack

the whole day has been for not.. fail after fail after fail ...

but lets give this a shot.. maybe end the day on a good note perhaps?

if i can figure this out?

so here goes

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

but lets give this a shot.. maybe end the day on a good note perhaps?

if i can figure this out?

so here goes

IMG_0806.jpg

138, we want to see the inside of your bucket, not where you hid the body! :teehee:

padding.jpg

I did have it set up for a while where I would just moved the padding back & forth, between troops as needed. But have since got a second set of padding. I also have 2 small fans W/ battery packs that I made with parts from the local electronic store. Those just attach with velcro to the inside.

• 2 years later...

So I have been a little curious as to what other people have set up inside their buckets. Here is my TK helmet but sadly one of my wires is disconnected for my fan. Also, is it better to have a mic system already inside the helmet or is it better outside of the bucket? My mic connects to the inside of my chest piece and it seems to work out ok. I also cleaned it up a bit with some lysol 4 in 1 bathroom cleaner that I have found to work pretty well.

image-1_zps31865bd9.jpg

image-1_zps3f286a61.jpg

Second one shows the hook up for my fans better, but I have to solder some wires that came loose.