Shadow from RS Prop Masters still approvable?

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum here. I am from the German Garrison and my main costume is Kylo Ren. I am currently looking for an additional costume that I could use as an alternative if e.g. another Kylo is faster with signing up for an event.

I considered buying a completed Shadow from RS Prop Master but I asked a guy from the GG and he told me that it is no longer possible to get the shadow from RS approved. He said that the RS Shadow is not glossy. He said its more mat/dull. Is that true? I have used the search function but couldn't find any information. The only information I found is that RS Prop Masters is still in the vendor list.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Spec Ops!

I'd love to know where the guy from GG got that information. Looking at the promotional images of the Shadow Stormtrooper armor on the RS Props website, it looks glossy enough. Even if it's not, you can always polish it with some Turtle Wax or Novus. If you are ordering the completed set, you may only have to make minor adjustments before it is ready for 501st approval. I would buy from RS in confidence if I had the cash. :thumbsup:

http://www.rspropmasters.com/shadow-trooper/

Yeah that seems odd to me. The CRL states glossy which might not equate 100% to shiny. I think as long as it reflects light and you can see somewhat of an image in it then it is passable, but I'm not a GML. Judging by the pictures on RS' website it looks glossy to me. Flat/matte seems to be what would not be able to be approved, in my eyes at least. What does the GML for the GG say? Might be worth emailing them to see what they say on it because they'll ultimately be the ones approving it.

Okay thank you very much guys. I wrote my GMO a message.

Man there are so many other vendors for the Shadow Trooper. It is a bit anoying.

1)RS Prop Master - No acrylic coating....so i think I will not choose them

2) IronMotion from Germany...I think they changed their material so I dont know if I should go with them

3) Troopermaster - I have a friend who owns a Stormtrooper from him. DOnt know how nice his Shadow is, but ist acrylic capped.

4) RWA Creations was also recommend by another Shadow because its double acrylic capped

Okay I found someone who's willing to sell his complete trooper from RWA. I have to check if the measurements are okay for me. If it does not fit I think I will buy the kit from Troopermaster. What do you th8nk about TM?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/2/2018 at 12:17 AM, bAsTo said:

Okay thank you very much guys. I wrote my GMO a message.

Man there are so many other vendors for the Shadow Trooper. It is a bit anoying.

1)RS Prop Master - No acrylic coating....so i think I will not choose them

2) IronMotion from Germany...I think they changed their material so I dont know if I should go with them

3) Troopermaster - I have a friend who owns a Stormtrooper from him. DOnt know how nice his Shadow is, but ist acrylic capped.

4) RWA Creations was also recommend by another Shadow because its double acrylic capped

Did you ever hear back from your GMO? I have the same question

• 9 months later...

In case of the german garrison it is not glossy enough, i can say that cause of my personal experience, i got an RS props Shadow and had to completley paint it with a more glossy black.

But other garrisons with other gml's may approve it, depends on the gml.

RS propmaster know the gloss problem, i have told them and maybe their next Shadowtrooper run (its not in the shop actualy) will be with a more glossy ABS.

• Like 1

On the new CRL at the top it says gloss black to aid the GMLs from having to discern the proper sheen. If they come to the GML forum on the main Legion page they are more than likely going to be told to match the gloss of the CRL model and part pics.