Lt. Janek Sunber build

I`ve Currently been working on a Lt. Janek Sunber Costume from Dark Horse Comics : Empire Series #36  , The Wrong Side Of The War : Part 1 of 5 . I wasn`t satisfied with the current CRL so I said why not just do it right . I've added the additional sleeve and hip pockets to the coveralls as seen in the comics.  The field gear is replicated as closely as I can to the comic , Custom holster is in the works . I`ll have better photos soon .

sunber.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good! A couple notes on the suit:

You'll need to extend the mandarin collar tab past the center point by a couple inches. When you do that, rectangular stitching is actually seen on the end of his collar instead of a snap, so you'll probably want to add a Velcro closure.

You'll also want to remove that button at the top just below the collar and modify the front panel to go as vertical as possible, instead of out at an angle to meet that button.

I would probably remove the two front pockets just below the belt as well. They're making the legs look cluttered and aren't shown in any of the references anyway.

Excited to see this happening, and interested in seeing how you finish your accessories.

-iz

Collar will eventually be fixed as well as the flap . I'm going to leave the waist pockets in for structural reasons . I'm thinking a scratch made coverall may be ideal  but may have to wait . 

13 hours ago, TX-15293 said:

Collar will eventually be fixed as well as the flap . I'm going to leave the waist pockets in for structural reasons . I'm thinking a scratch made coverall may be ideal  but may have to wait . 

Okay, I'm unsure the LMOs would approve it with those waist pockets as the stitching is pretty prominent and they seem to sit on top of the jumpsuit, instead of being built into it, like a normal pant pocket. However, you can always give it a go and see what they say.

-iz   

Reworked the front flap so it’s a straight edge . I gotta say it looks better . 

Unrelated : is there a cap on how many photos we can post ? Says my attachments are full . 

sunber 13.jpg

19 hours ago, TX-15293 said:

Reworked the front flap so it’s a straight edge . I gotta say it looks better . 

Unrelated : is there a cap on how many photos we can post ? Says my attachments are full . 

sunber 13.jpg

Looks good Neal.  To answer your question, the old forums did have a cap (which is why people used 3rd party hosting like Imgur)…with the upgrade that may still be the case.  @nanotek would know the answer.

14 hours ago, Raider said:

Looks good Neal.  To answer your question, the old forums did have a cap (which is why people used 3rd party hosting like Imgur)…with the upgrade that may still be the case.  @nanotek would know the answer.

I think I’m probably going to go the 3rd party hosting route . It’ll be easier to post more detailed photos .

I think I’m probably going to go the 3rd party hosting route . It’ll be easier to post more detailed photos .

Photobucket used to be the craze till they changed their policies.

I currently use Imgur (and their app) w no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 7/15/2018 at 11:42 PM, TX-15293 said:

On 7/15/2018 at 9:38 AM, Raider said:

Sorry for being silent. I don’t know exactly what the changes are in the software or what the default system settings are. The rule for all the forums has always been use an external image provider though. This helps to keep the storage overheads at manageable levels :)

I’ll do some digging around when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Actually decided to put on the costume . The pouches need a little bit of adjustment but are in the proper spots like in the comic . Boots are also more accurate , being much shorter than the German Style boots . Since In the Comic they are covered in mud I am unsure of what the actual color is . Still working on the gloves .

https://imgur.com/a/PsS4KwC

Looking good Neal. Let me help you out.

93kFaVz.jpg

Just a FYI, if you copy and paste the BBcode for the image  into your post, it will show the pictures on the forum vs. having to click through a link.

• Like 2

DH21 IA Janek Sunber + Sapper.jpg

I would go with green boots for two reasons:

1. In the image above the boots have more of a green tint to them than the combat engineer boots next to them.
  2. In the series it has been a general rule that the boots have matched the color of the jumpsuit worn.

-iz

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just commented on another topic about the green paint flaking off. Im really thinking about getting a pair of cheap wellingtons and stripping the leather dye out and dying them green. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...