Yiyo's First Order Flametrooper WIP

So, approval just came through!!

It's been such a long journey with this costume. It is true that I got Nihilus, ATAT Commander, a new CRL, and various other costumes approved in between, but this is finally done!

After only 1 hours in this costume, I can confirm, after 15 approvals of all sorts, that this is the most uncomfortable I have ever worn. We need to add some sort of natural weathering to this CRL as the pieces overlap and simply scratch other parts. I can forsee a lot of repainting in the near future.

Modifications to be made for comfort:

1. Cut 1-2cm of biceps, they are simply too large.

2. Remove return edge of bottom cod piece, it kept pinching my inner thighs.

3. Shorten shoulder bell to chest plate straps.

4. Cut about 1.5cm of the chest plate lateral flaps as they kept scratching the ab piece.

5. Finish my Daniel Dirsten lid and change as SGB's is simply way too large, this is not the first time I have had this experience with SGB and will never buy again. Just as a reference, I am 6.3 in boots, so imagine this on a smaller person.

I would like to thank you all for your comments and advice along the way and I really hope to continue investigating and even helping to write a level II for this CRL as soon as possible.

I will get a nice picture up tonight, but these are submission pics:

qAG3Xov.jpg

dOKNHYC.jpg

LtCVfU6.jpg

YeL4hbx.jpg

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Yiyo said:

So, approval just came through!!

It's been such a long journey with this costume. It is true that I got Nihilus, ATAT Commander, a new CRL, and various other costumes approved in between, but this is finally done!

After only 1 hours in this costume, I can confirm, after 15 approvals of all sorts, that this is the most uncomfortable I have ever worn. We need to add some sort of natural weathering to this CRL as the pieces overlap and simply scratch other parts. I can forsee a lot of repainting in the near future.

Modifications to be made for comfort:

1. Cut 1-2cm of biceps, they are simply too large.

2. Remove return edge of bottom cod piece, it kept pinching my inner thighs.

3. Shorten shoulder bell to chest plate straps.

4. Cut about 1.5cm of the chest plate lateral flaps as they kept scratching the ab piece.

5. Finish my Daniel Dirsten lid and change as SGB's is simply way too large, this is not the first time I have had this experience with SGB and will never buy again. Just as a reference, I am 6.3 in boots, so imagine this on a smaller person.

I would like to thank you all for your comments and advice along the way and I really hope to continue investigating and even helping to write a level II for this CRL as soon as possible.

I will get a nice picture up tonight, but these are submission pics:

qAG3Xov.jpg

dOKNHYC.jpg

LtCVfU6.jpg

YeL4hbx.jpg

Congratulations SpecOps brother!

Awesome work  you look stunning!!!

• Like 3

Thank you all for taking the time to post! I really hope this 14th approval WIP can help everyone interested in a very complex costume to wear :)

Looking forward to my first troop in the Spec Ops and will share some pics.

@Raider: we can definitely look into L2!

• Like 5
  • 2 years later...