Imperial Army Trooper Boots

I've been busting my back trying to find appropriate boots in my size for the new revised CRL. I have found commuter boots that match the ones pictured in other topics but sadly they are all way too big for me. I wear a size 7 or 7.5 and the ones I've been able to find are either size 10 or 12 men's. Finding the correct Montana Gold Olive Drab spray paint is easy enough, it's available on amazon. Could I ask for assistance in finding an affordable pair of boots in a CRL correct and approvable style?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The good news is the hunter's bay commuters are back in stock at payless... the bad news is they don't have my size, they're completely out of 7 and 7.5 men's. I did manage to get a pair of these and paint them in montana gold olive but that zipper still bothers me... https://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Totes-Mens-Boots-Stadium-Black/7490404/product.html

• Like 1

Zip is unavoidable unfortunately for these style of boots.

If you want to cover the actual zipper head, I recommend using military elastic trousers twists. You can use these to easily blouse the legs of your jumpsuit over the tops of the boots and cover the most obvious part of the zip. This is what I did :)

This also gives the most accurate look to the source material [emoji106]cb537a72f755da684cbd9f3cdf756e42.jpg&key=5e5b0656812b419ec75d86b216b8ece0cce2dfb68edb199f3a2806b22339157af48b270a8ff9dd49a45882bc3dba963b.jpg&key=c0934b692118655a67077984e5ba7588d217b37c4c69cf3cb8daf616689a4005a6ab2f1f411577d3677e946d5a04d20f.jpg&key=a33638a296e9bb3e2b689acaa08a5488470889d3a2a460d39f7b20e355923012

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mine does the same on my ATAT gunner shoes. It just flakes right off.  Im considering green leather dye for mine.  Given that, how about stripping the boots down to base and applying a couple of coats of acrylic paint? 

id give it a roger that.  Try that, and give a light spray of the olive acrylics over it. make SURE the shoes are clean as you can get them.  I washed my ATST gunner shoes in alcohol, still flaked right off.  That was cheap apple barrel acrylics. If you can get some plastic binder or acrlic paint binder, that may help. 

For some odd reason the Montana gold does hold reasonably well to the faux leather the Hunter's Bay (Payless Shoes brand) boots. It did not crack or chip but bent along with the natural toe joint. It did not hold well to the Tote's brand ones.

• Thanks 1

I got the boots in the other day and will give the angelus paint a shot and report back. I've successfully used this on leather combat boots but I'm not sure how this will work on the faux leather.

Results to follow sometime next week maybe. 

On 9/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, bell said:

Found a boot. I was wondering if this was acceptable. 

T48l4BO.jpg

HS7AGBU.jpg

2vPi11L.jpg

Just saw this question. Honestly these boots seem a bit too short. The commuter boots above were chosen because they actually stand a bit high for an ankle boot.  When my boots come in, I'll take the exact height measurement for reference in finding other brands. Right now payless does have them on sale from size 6 up to 14.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:23 PM, Blackwatch said:

Any luck with the angelus paint?

Sorry. I haven’t had the chance to try it yet. I’m off to Europe for 10 days for work, maybe when I return I can finally try. 

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to paining the boots and the French army gloves with angelus leather paints. They look good to me and seem pretty durable. I’ve used this paint in the past on other costume boots and the paint has held up so far. 

31095783027_a5ed177237_b.jpg

46034669661_d2f6e82b55_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

very nice! I found anotehr set of boots and they are enroute to me now.  I will go order the angelus and paint both when they arrive. 

What prep did you do to the commuters and to the gloves prior to the paint? 

1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

very nice! I found anotehr set of boots and they are enroute to me now.  I will go order the angelus and paint both when they arrive. 

What prep did you do to the commuters and to the gloves prior to the paint? 

I wiped down both the boots and the gloves with isopropyl alcohol.m, that was about it. I then shot the paint through my airbrush after thinning it with alcohol so it would flow nice. 

After a few days of drying, everything seems to be pretty good. 

Once my bucket arrives, it will get similar paint so everything will match. 

Jef