Jimmiroquai: Mud Trooper build

Hi All!  I've finally finished my Mud Trooper build so i thought i'd share the process.

To start, we had to find one real world item on the costume to base measurements off of.  And we used the shoulder buckles as mine are cast from original:

3r5y0g.jpg

Like almost everyone, we thought that the base helmet was a Veers/AT-ST/snow trooper helmet, but as we compared it to the reference buckle and pics ofcourse, it was obvious that the mud helmet was shorter and the face opening smaller.

30juF5.jpg pvbqYm.jpg

Helmet was modelled in Fusion 360, 3d printed.  A waste mold was made and a plaster master was cast and modified to the correct shape. 

6FVjuN.jpg 7bM720.jpg

Armor was sculpted by modifying plaster casts of our existing Inferno Squad/R1TK chests, Shoretrooper back and shins, DT shoulders.  All were modified based on the buckle as reference.

IZekBl.jpg

We also designed a way for the collar to lock into place:

FO9u33.jpg vHFDGU.jpg

The plaster masters were then cleaned up and master molds were made.  

Armor was then cast in black flexible fiberglass.

Test fitting after painting and rigging:

DgLfxE.jpg k4jqED.jpg

Mask can be held in place by placing magnets inside the helmet and sticking the steel latches to them

iS2NNg.jpg

Here it is partially finished.  Still need to attach the telemetry unit and muddy everything up

kVoYgv.jpg 

aA1FK5.jpg

My wife in the "Val" configuration.

ccKGR3.jpg

• Like 2