Imperial Army Officer WIP (per CRL proposal)

Throw another log on the Spec Ops bonfire!

I got my tan dickies coveralls online and they FIT!

My wife took this HORRIFIC picture of me but hey, im just armor, helmet and a completed CRL away from being an OFFICER (not that my TIE counts..oh well)

HVqRS1p.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, so last night I started to mod the coveralls.  i got the collar figured out, but its not on yet. I did put on the lower slab of fabric that covers the zipper above the waist line, and added a button loop. Ill put the button, collar and leg pockets on this week.  I found matching fabric at the thrift shop: There are plenty of used Dickies kids school uniforms here, and girls skirts are a single slab of unstitched fabric.  I carried a back pocket that I removed into the store with me and color matched.  I got lucky!

My goggles are set up.  I made two straps to replace the original welding goggle strap.  I made a black strap and a tan strap.  I think the tans gonna look HAWT against the grey helmet. 

This is the same goggle previously approved for the ATAT commander.  A very good looking goggle is the Uvex Ultra Vision goggle, if you can find it online. 

my goggles, black strap I made. 

JTQdNfy.jpg

ZIor4Hz.jpg

got to this point today. this is my Snowtrooper breastplate, im ordering another breastplate from Scootch when I get paid. 

all mods to the coveralls are done. This photo was taken prior to coverall completion. 

• High Mandarin collar with modesty panel.  
  • lower belly panel with button and loop closure
  • thigh pockets with pointed chevron flaps per art
  • butt pockets removed

zbR3Kex.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ok, another update.  I worked on making the helmet comm fit the helmet a little better, and its mounted with Go2 glue.  I put two rivets in the helmet to serve as anchors to help physically hold it.  

xXzgY6f.jpg

FozrzEu.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Im bumpng this: 

I made a helmet headset yesterday and I will paint it today, as well as trim.out my helmet. my armor is ready to paint.  

I would say I am at the 85% complete mark. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

My helmet is almost done. The paint color used is Rustoleum 2X Granite satin. It does not seem to be the toughest paint, so I will give it another coat after 48 hours, and I will also seal it.  

I feel the color is much closer to the original source art. 

Elvis trooper greeblies for AT AT Commander helmet, Blockade Runner Supply comm box, UVEX saftey goggles. 

Clips are made of strip brass riveted to the helmet, and painted to match.  I just put the six screw cap covers on, and the rubber trim will go on after the second coat of paint, and sealer coat goes on. 

OQqBKhY.jpg

3KzQBe0.jpg