Jumptrooper (Rebels)

Scubacat

• 3 months later...

Other than the hoses being attached to the tank it sure is mostly the same as our current Rocket Trooper development.   

The Rocket trooper developed here has a white TIE box . Faceplate is different too. 

I looked up the mobile game (canon) Star Wars Commander...and Jumptroopers are a bit different than this here.

I also found the episodes these appear in Rebels...going to watch myself and verify what they are called.  It's a new build (animated style) for sure...and I'm guessing there are no armor makers for this yet...but if anyone ever decides to build it, we can at least have the naming setup.

This is one of those things I hate that they don't make them all look the same. It's all the same trooper in the end...

But  they called them rocket troopers in the show. 

• Thanks 1

Perfecto @14166 ! Rocket Troopers (Rebels) it is. I was hoping that was going to be the case because they are pretty much just a stylized animated version of the BF2 Rocket Trooper with some tweaks. Thanks!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raider said:

Perfecto @14166 ! Rocket Troopers (Rebels) it is. I was hoping that was going to be the case because they are pretty much just a stylized animated version of the BF2 Rocket Trooper with some tweaks. Thanks!!!

Sounds good. Something EA should have done.... If you look at the Black series figure, it's this style and they actually call them both rocket trooper and jump trooper. But the style is "realistic." 

Glad I can help!

• Like 1

I took pics of that fig at Celebration Chicago.  Wonder if we can get a "realistic" version approved?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, 14166 said:

I was going to try working on that next. Should a thread be started on that too?

I have the figure.

Let me see what LMOs are ok with...since realistic is only in action figure form...or if we will be restricted to just Rebels style.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Why did this die? I am looking into this trooper as I just got my Rebels TK in from Walt. It appears that there are only a few differences in the armor and most of it is the same. The helmet, jetpack (rocket pack?), the forearms and the shoulder bells. Has anyone else started working on this? 

19 hours ago, Gree23 said:

Why did this die? I am looking into this trooper as I just got my Rebels TK in from Walt. It appears that there are only a few differences in the armor and most of it is the same. The helmet, jetpack (rocket pack?), the forearms and the shoulder bells. Has anyone else started working on this? 

Just died because the builder just moved on I suppose.  Yea itd be great if someone picked it back up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, RAIDER said:

Just died because the builder just moved on I suppose.  Yea itd be great if someone picked it back up!

I tried talking to walt about it and he seemed disinterested, so what will most likely happen is I will need to look about going the route of 3d printing the missing parts. As stated I dont think it would be hard and I for one love costumes where you can change a few parts and be in something different.

To add on to what @RAIDER said, since the original builder moved on we'd definitely need someone else to pickup the torch. 3D print is probably the way to go at this point as you mentioned, unless you are able to vacuform plastic :P