Shadow Scout Critique

BlackBob71

Overall I think it looks good, but I think you gotta fix the pouches on the cummerbund. The one on the right seems to be towards the side and it should be in the front more. Nice work, you are close.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here would be my suggestions:

1) Pouch is far off to the side.  Needs to come in towards center more.  Ideally, you'd like them positioned so that they nudge up on the "stripes" on the cumberbund on both sides.  It looks like that one your right may need more padding to fill it out evenly as well.

2) Paint the rivets on boots and belt black.

3) Belt positioning.  From the rear (and all the way around), the cumberbund should not creep out below the belt.  The bottom of the bund should tuck under the belt and end there.

Those are easy fixes...and might just need someone to suit you up, take those pics, and check em thoroughly before you desuit and call it a day.

The only concern I have that might not be as easy a fix is the helmet.  The visor looks slanted.  It's tough to get that part perfect...some curvature can happen...feel like yours might have too much slant down to your left.

Hope that helps!  Thanks for asking!  Build looks nearly done man!!!

• Like 1
Here would be my suggestions:
1) Pouch is far off to the side.  Needs to come in towards center more.  Ideally, you'd like them positioned so that they nudge up on the "stripes" on the cumberbund on both sides.  It looks like that one your right may need more padding to fill it out evenly as well.
2) Paint the rivets on boots and belt black.
3) Belt positioning.  From the rear (and all the way around), the cumberbund should not creep out below the belt.  The bottom of the bund should tuck under the belt and end there.
Those are easy fixes...and might just need someone to suit you up, take those pics, and check em thoroughly before you desuit and call it a day.

The only concern I have that might not be as easy a fix is the helmet.  The visor looks slanted.  It's tough to get that part perfect...some curvature can happen...feel like yours might have too much slant down to your left.
Hope that helps!  Thanks for asking!  Build looks nearly done man!!!

Thanks Raider. Heat Gun is my friend. Think I got it to an acceptable angle :). The other feedback is a WIP. Looking to post updates early February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Raider. Heat Gun is my friend. Think I got it to an acceptable angle default_smile.png. The other feedback is a WIP. Looking to post updates early February.

Awesome man! If you need any other feedback drops some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Critique #2....

Thanks to the feedback so far.
Pouches moved, rivets painted, alterations complete. Heat Gun Action to fix the lifting visor slant, anti-worping finished.....
and for next critique...

Please give me your feedback.
Ready to troop once approved.

IMG_1338.jpgIMG_1338.jpgf13f700f5662fc95d95439b86e88bcca.jpga164d754dbe05d92431a6cf96c6e3dff.jpg5d0eb9eb071348c562b1807aa284d3ff.jpg7727fef9deb2e48ed51e93bf8f164a42.jpgIMG_1342.jpg

The only CRL question I have is on the pouches. The CRL pic has the pouches almost directly below the chest plate in alignment, but the six columns mentioned about the cummerbund would not be able to be seen. Which one is the one to follow?

On 2/3/2019 at 5:38 PM, BlackBob71 said:

The only CRL question I have is on the pouches. The CRL pic has the pouches almost directly below the chest plate in alignment, but the six columns mentioned about the cummerbund would not be able to be seen. Which one is the one to follow?

For basic approval they just need to be there and look tidy.  IDEALLY they don't sit too far out and they don't sit so close so IDEALLY you can get the bund lines w/out covering any while still not having them sitting on your sides.  I say ideally…if I didn't say that earlier my apologies.  Simply follow this line in the CRL "Ribs are completely visible between the pouches."

I should add that myself and @furiosa have proposed an update to the CRL to correct some wording and the pics themselves which may not fully align w/ where the CRL currently sits.  That's not active yet though…so follow the text.

As far as a critique…it's looking better.  You look good man!  Anything from here on out from me would be things to make it look even cleaner and tighter…but I'm not sure any of this would hold up your approval.

1) Helmet slant…still can see it to a degree but it's improved and your GML may be ok w/ where it's at now.

2) Rivets painted.  Look good.

3) Positioning of bund in relation to belt look good.  No longer hanging out from underneath the belt.

4) Pouches…if you an shift them inward while not covering any of the ribs (the pouches can sit on the edges of those final ribs) I think that would look cleaner.  They're almost out too far now.  How do you have your pouches attached?  Looks like to the bund itself.  Velcro?  They look both look full now which is good.

5) Bund…can't fully make it out in the pic but is it drooping out from under the chest plate (normally due to the weight of the pouches)?  Need the bund tucked under the chest plate.  That's a common issue.  If that is what I see…you could correct that by installing some snaps or velcro to the top of the bund that attach to the interior of the chest so it won't pop out and sag.

6) Drop boxes…didn't notice it before, but it looks like the straps and clips of the drop boxes varies.  Nothing major but IDEALLY they should have a symmetrical look…hang the same length, have the same distance of strap between belt and clip and clip and boxes on all straps.  Does that make sense?  If you do end up adjusting the straps you could also consider bringing them up about an inch or 2…esp the one on your right side…it looks to be hanging lower than your left

I will try to get pics of what I'm talking about regarding the bund and drop boxes if those bits aren't clear.  Hope that helps man!  If you end up submitting, good luck…but if you want to make those adjustments and have more questions or need more feedback I got you bro!

• Like 1
Thanks Raider. More Velcro. default_smile.png

ok so this pic is older n not perfect but u can see pouch placement here. you can also see about where boxes can sit and how the strapping on drop boxes is pretty symmetrical...the clip spacing from belt to box and then box to belt.

you can also see how my helmet has a bit of a curve...not perfect...so i think where you have yours now should be good

0a876b407a10d517e14dcd949eeaa2ed.jpg&key=a44d600745fe1c86e2bd7c87148bf7c3354be38f7e4c331b637e0ec5653f22fa

Thx. Looks like I need to work on the cummerbund too. More stuffing next time for the ribs. I used both howto guides on the vest and cummerbund posted on this site. Guess a second set would not hurt ;).

Thank you again. Will reach out to local club soon.
Thank you again.

47 minutes ago, BlackBob71 said:

Who ‘s Kit is that anyway? Just curious.

Funny you mention the second set lol.  I have a spare set of boots (w/ a 3rd in the works), spare belt, spare chest, and spare jumpsuit just came in.  I troop a ton so my kit takes a beating

The kit itself...it's from @Chef from the UK Garrison who I highly recommend.  In this shot, he did everything except the boots and gloves.

When I get home today, I will try to remember to shoot you a pic of the bund to chest snaps (though I used to have velcro there which can work too).