BLACKFOX's DeathTrooper WIP

So it begins...There's no better time then now to start my next build. I have been lurking around for a while and have a few builds that I want to make within the SpecOps.

I'm hoping to make as much of the build as I can personally (keeps me busy...lol) and will post my progress as I go along.

START DATE: March 15, 2019

Previous Update: October 04, 2020

Completed: October 22, 2022

Approved: Nov 7, 2022

LIST:

Armour:  850ArmorWorks (Updated parts) (Completed)
Balaclava: (Completed)
Belt: Canvas Pouches (Completed) Leather pouch (Completed)
Boots: Doc Martens Talib (Completed)
Gloves: Endor Finders (Completed)
Helmet: (Completed)
Forearm (Aluminum) Impellers : Ordered from Phoenix Props (Completed)
Forearm silicone bands: Ordered from Plastic Arms Dealer (Completed)
Neck Seal & Apron: (Completed)
Soft/Ribbed Parts: (Completed)
Undersuit: (Completed)

Optional:
Audio system: TRamp V3. (Completed)
Neuro-Saav Macromotion (NSM) Monitor: (Completed)
SE-14R: 3D printed (Completed)
Grenade: 3D Printed + LEDs. (Completed)
SE-14R: Holster: Leather (Completed)
Ammo Pouch (MP40 Leather pouch): (Completed)
-MP40 3D printed Magazines: (Completed)
Chest Rig: Condor Barrage US1051-002 (Completed)
-HKG3 magazines: 3D Printed. (Completed)
Pauldron: (Completed)
E-11D: 3D Printed: Tom Campbell: (Completed)
 • m300 mini scout light: (Completed)
Modified DLT-19: 3D Printed: Tom Campbell: (Completed)

Just for fun:

Storm trooper Doll: (Completed)
Trading card holder: Chris "CHAOS" files: (printing)

• Like 2

So I started to 3D print with the smaller stuff first, that way it feels like I have accomplished more...lol.

First to three grenades are printed. I'm going to figure out away to light them up.

xAjbkN7.jpg

BE3zbiG.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Raider said:

I always wanted one of those!  In black of course lol.

I'll totally have to make a few different versions and colours.  I know my kids are going to go crazy when they see this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how excited you become when you get home from work to find a BBB. I do have to say that there are a lot of parts in there...lol. Now to plan my build out and figure out where to begin.

E0gnLj3.jpg

• Like 2

I couldn't bring myself to permanently attach anything to my new Doc Martens Talib boots (just in case I wanted to wear them not in costume).

Having some spare leather kicking around, I decided to make a tab system that would lace up with the boots, allowing me to use Velcro to attach the boot covers. It turned out great.

o1MJjXX.jpg

8yoZ8Gg.jpg

EqwJzDG.jpg

Xh4RrqN.jpg

CKXrVe7.jpg

1clrUgU.jpg

GnoliXB.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Things that I have learned so far. Measure twice (In my case a few more times, don't use my wifes "good scissors" and sew slowly.

Another thing knocked off my list. I finished the pauldron, actually I made two different ones as it appears that the OT and R1 pauldrons are slightly different. (Now I have one for my TK).

Template from FISD, but with a minor change to the R1 style pauldron: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16758-shoulder-pauldron-templates/

EqPJ0tH.png

fJ8ylxU.png

ra8hwV2.png

• Like 2

MP40 Magazine pouch...  Here goes!

I all ready 3D printed 3x MP40 magazines and now to make the leather pouch. I found a pattern from TK-1336 ( http://www.tk1336.com/mp40ammopouch.html ). I made some slight adjustments in my pattern drawings to match the screen used images of the DT in R1. I'm slowly working on this as I'm on nights and found a quite spot in the Fire Hall to work on them when not on a call.

XqI3raM.png

7pyajuG.png

3Stqp0y.png

QFXOdl7.png

EdDgltH.png

That's all I have so far, hopefully I'll have a chance to work on them a little more this weekend.

Hey. Some nice progress. Is impressive seeing someone scratch build so much and am loving your ideas with the flashing grenade and boot tabs.

With ref to you shoulder pouch I thought I would give u a heads up as it looks like u are making them square cut? Promotional images had those but the screen used ones used the conventional tapered epic militaria type. Will attach a pic to show. Top pics are promotional photoshoot pics. Bottom are screen grabs from the film. Hope this helps.

Nick

Screenshot_20190911_031743.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/10/2019 at 8:18 PM, Woodo007 said:

Hey. Some nice progress. Is impressive seeing someone scratch build so much and am loving your ideas with the flashing grenade and boot tabs.

With ref to you shoulder pouch I thought I would give u a heads up as it looks like u are making them square cut? Promotional images had those but the screen used ones used the conventional tapered epic militaria type. Will attach a pic to show. Top pics are promotional photoshoot pics. Bottom are screen grabs from the film. Hope this helps.

Nick

Screenshot_20190911_031743.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Should be an easy fix.

Hey Sal,

If you are looking for a STL file for the trading card holder, I made one for my own personal use. I could send you just the plain box and belt clip files. Its fairly easy to customize and add your Legion ID and a logo.

cJD99n0.jpg

qH7G83R.jpg

7N0xR6R.jpg

upGkpOz.jpg

Keep in mind that with the Legion "Merchandising" rules, if you use any logos or designs from the Legion, Garrison, or it's Detachments, you should get approval before making it. But you can use a generic Imperial or FO cog and be OK.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 7:53 PM, Chaos said:

Hey Sal,

If you are looking for a STL file for the trading card holder, I made one for my own personal use. I could send you just the plain box and belt clip files. Its fairly easy to customize and add your Legion ID and a logo.

cJD99n0.jpg

qH7G83R.jpg

7N0xR6R.jpg

upGkpOz.jpg

Keep in mind that with the Legion "Merchandising" rules, if you use any logos or designs from the Legion, Garrison, or it's Detachments, you should get approval before making it. But you can use a generic Imperial or FO cog and be OK.

That turned out amazing. I would love the STL. Thanks.

• Like 1