BLACKFOX's DeathTrooper WIP

It's been a busy October. I got a hold of Tom Campbell and bought the DLT-19D files. I started to print them, but it's going to take some time as it bigger then I thought. I can't wait to see it once it's complete.

All the leather work is done, dyed/painted and ready to go. I do have to say that I have learned tons working on this build.

I started putting the belt together a few weeks ago but I think I will need to put something on the back of the rubber belt to make it sturdier and more ridged. I will add photos when I have a few seconds.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

It's been a while since I had the time to work on my DT. I ordered EL Panels from "EL Wire  Craft"in the UK (links provided below). I'm hoping that I will have time this month to finish my helmet. On another note, I finally finished printing the DLT-19X files. Man there's a lot of parts to print.

https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/el-panel-2-4cm-x-4-5cm/

https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/basic-portable-driver-for-up-to-5-metres-of-el-wire/

https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/standard-splitter-for-el-wire-or-el-tape-2-way-up-to-6-way/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's been a crazy past 3 months, but I'm ready to get back at it. I started to make up my pattern  for my under-suit/soft armour and I noticed that the  mesh  fabric on the armpits is different on a few photos. No, is there a correct amount of mesh fabric? (I'm all for the mesh  fabric, anything  that will help this under-suit breath) Also the arms seem to have a different pattern when compared to the CRL.

wTFyyy7.jpg

MQarLds.jpg

On to  sewing...  well, not yet. I'm drafting up the master patterns for my under-suit and gaskets.  Coming along nicely. I bought the last of the supplies that I need to start sewing this morning, and if everything goes well I should have it made by the end of the weekend.

9lyF7tL.jpg?1

NjuFmUo.jpg

Those look great.  Many of us are adventurous enough to get the armor and sand and finish it ourselves, or even print it from scratch.  Not many are skilled enough to do what you are doing with making your own undersuit.  I have some sewing skills and have made costumes, but designing it from scratch was way out of my skill level.  This looks very very impressive.  Keep us up to date on the material you used, how you did the ribbing (both the under arm, softer ribbed material and the gasket areas).  Once you get it all complete, you might consider selling your patterns.  I'd have liked to have that option, since I could have sewn it myself, but not designed it.  Best of luck and I look forward to seeing how your suit and armor progresses!

On 9/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, BLACKFOX said:

It's been a crazy past 3 months, but I'm ready to get back at it. I started to make up my pattern  for my under-suit/soft armour and I noticed that the  mesh  fabric on the armpits is different on a few photos. No, is there a correct amount of mesh fabric? (I'm all for the mesh  fabric, anything  that will help this under-suit breath) Also the arms seem to have a different pattern when compared to the CRL.

wTFyyy7.jpg

MQarLds.jpg

Those pics are not from a great source, the undersuits and gaskets are not accurate. I would look a the celebration pics in the reference pictures. 

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Time to get back to work on my DT. I noticed that there was a CRL update. Does anyone know that modifications or changes I would need to do to have my 850 kit approved? I see that the back plate has some changes that I will need to fit. I already fixed my kidney plate before the CRL was updated.

Best thing to do since there are numerous changes is to take each piece and read thru the CRL and compare yours with the CRL and photos. I could send you my notes but you would probably be more confused than anything else as they are simply "notes" and not very coherent to anyone else but me. 

On 8/22/2021 at 5:03 PM, Chaos said:

Best thing to do since there are numerous changes is to take each piece and read thru the CRL and compare yours with the CRL and photos. I could send you my notes but you would probably be more confused than anything else as they are simply "notes" and not very coherent to anyone else but me. 

That’s good advice. I’ll have to do that for sure. Tks! 

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Wow... my last update was October 04, 2020!

Now that things are starting to get to normal I can concentrate on finishing my build. I ordered the updated parts to correspond with the changes with the CRL. I have fabric being shipped and hopefully I will be able to start sewing the under suit.  My goal is to have it completed by September. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Well back at it again, but every time I compare my kit to the reference photos I find something that's missing or off. Well, time to fabricate things and fit it. Things are coming together and I'm hoping to be done soon!!  Big shoutout to Wook's WIP which has help me navigate through my build.

I was lucky to find aerosol paint that matches the black ABS so I don't have to paint the entire armour to match. Who would have known that black is not always black. LOL.

I finished sewing all of my soft parts and tailored it to fit comfortably.

(I'll post photos as soon as I can, but I do have to admit that I have not been taking as much... that and I'm having issues with embedding photos with Imgur)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I’m joining this late, but looking forward to seeing your continued progress! Love the fact that you made the undersuit yourself. That’s something I would like to do, but when it comes to making the actual pattern from scratch, that’s a skill I do not yet have.

Can’t wait to see the next round of pictures!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The day has finally arrived, my DT is now completed and photos submitted. I actually "finished" it last week, but after putting it all on, I had to resize some parts to make fit better.

I just want to thank everyone who helped me get my kit to this point, and hopefully one day I will have the opportunity to troop with everyone.

IMG_1943.jpg

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Well done @BLACKFOX! Ur becoming a Spec Ops lifer!

Unrelated to this…so about that Rocket Trooper update we discussed awhile ago….

It’s starting to look that way. Lol.  I totally forgot about that… I’ll put it on the top of the list of things to work on. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...