Removable Chest Box

I'm doing a removable chest box on my Del.  Whats the easiest way to make it removable, magnets?  I have a 5 magnets on it so far but it doesnt seem like its enough to hold it up and in place for any length of time

• 4 weeks later...

my regular TiE pilot box is bolted on, but its also full of batteries, fans and LEDs. 

My ATAT box is velcroed on, and it got so cold once that my hoses froze and literally pushed my box off my chest.  I found magnets let it slide around too much, and velcro stresses the black plastic.  plastic/nylon bolts should be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just built three chest boxes this week. Im using four nylon 1/4-20 screws and wingnuts.  Ive used this on my TIE box for over ten years, although  my ATAT is velcroed on.   

here is what  one of the three boxes i just finished looks like.  Mine has metal bolts and metal wingnuts, and it addsweight.  

Drill your holes through the chest armor first, then transfer to paper and drill matching holes in the chestbox. 9OYrF21.jpghWPHkQl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Currently working on this exact thing right now and will post images in another thread.

This is where I am so far - should have the rest of the build up later in the week as I need to get some more ABS sheet - longer bolts and some more rare earth magnets.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:59 AM, spiderboyy said:

I'm doing a removable chest box on my Del.  Whats the easiest way to make it removable, magnets?  I have a 5 magnets on it so far but it doesnt seem like its enough to hold it up and in place for any length of time

Also remember you can stack magnets to increase the power - and thus allow for heavier weights to be carried.