Mojofarian's muddy medic build

So for right now I'm purchasing a few of the items to get started.. boots, gloves, yugo ammo pouches, viet ammo punches, hoses etc... 

I'm not sure if I want to buy a kit for armor or just 3d print it. That I'll have to think about as summer goes on. 

I'm doing a medic build since I spent 13 years as a firefighter paramedic before an on the job injury put me off. I'll update more as I go on. I have a few other costumes in various stages as well. 

• Like 2

Jeremy - I was a FF/EMT for 10 years, so I totally get the appeal to do a medic version.  I'm just an email away (hopefully) from getting approval on my standard trooper version, but I also want to have the ability to do a medic.  That said, I need to find some time to dig into things beyond the CRL, as I'm hoping the medic is more than just a different arm band.  The darn thing is, there doesn't seem to be a medical bag or anything that we would expect.  

• Like 2

The Solo book has photos of a case with medical equipment. Admittedly, that may not be enough to source for a CRL, but you certainly could build those prop.

1 hour ago, xAlpha said:

The Solo book has photos of a case with medical equipment. Admittedly, that may not be enough to source for a CRL, but you certainly could build those prop.

very cool.  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, quigontimm said:

good info, though it seems like a rather cumbersome accessory.  

Definitely. It’s a big heavy aviation toolbox that’s damn near impossible to get outside of the UK. I was thinking of making a unofficial medic kit along the lines of strapping up a smaller medic kit with stuff like the O2 mask with bottle and various accessories like the shears. I think I see a greeblied wrist BP monitor in there as well.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

has anyone found any lightweight/unofficial alternatives to the big Med Kit? 

did a little digging today thoughts on something like this? 

kXJxqQe.jpg

ByHAZ9S.jpg

17"x12"x9"

seems like it would be about the right size for a o2 mask/canister, a few other bits and things appropriate for a medic... thoughts? 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

look slike the cases our avionics test equipment came in. All that gear was yellow with aluminum strips and pressure releif ports.  This looks very in-universe

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
On 8/20/2019 at 4:55 AM, weldingdude said:

nice! that looks great! 

I ended up pulling the trigger on the aluminum case I found... 

FgcVgar.jpg

I'm planning on adding a shoulder strap and a generous amount of mud... ?

Can I ask you where you purchased this mate?
Thanks!!

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, weldingdude said:

kXJxqQe.jpg

ByHAZ9S.jpg

17"x12"x9"

seems like it would be about the right size for a o2 mask/canister, a few other bits and things appropriate for a medic... thoughts? 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, weldingdude said:

kXJxqQe.jpg

ByHAZ9S.jpg

17"x12"x9"

What kind of case is this good sir

• Like 1