Trying to make an outfit but i need help

well it seems like i have a helmet on the way, its going to take a week in time to print it out, And then the real work will begin with sanding things, filling in the back and making grieblies and stuff like that. Where did you guys get your guns from if you have any? the e-11 dont seem so hard to get ahold of, but the dh-17 seems to be more rare

• Like 1
15 hours ago, RavenDVoid said:

well it seems like i have a helmet on the way, its going to take a week in time to print it out, And then the real work will begin with sanding things, filling in the back and making grieblies and stuff like that. Where did you guys get your guns from if you have any? the e-11 dont seem so hard to get ahold of, but the dh-17 seems to be more rare

If you are getting a helmet printed you can also get a DH-17 the same way as well.  I know several guys who print those.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RavenDVoid said:

hmm good idea, im gonna keep that in mind..im also eyeballing an old hasbro e-11 at the moment. I know you can get those more accurate with add on kits. But of what i understand those rubies blasters are a big no no right?

also keep in mind that blasters are not required for approval so if $$$ is an issue i would say its the lowest priority item

Go with intergalactic supply , I have made two Army Trooper helmets from his kit and also the Sapper helmet , which is the one used in the Sapper CRL .

I personally like the Vacuformed helmets rather than 3D printed since I think they tend to be more durable but that’s just me . 

17 hours ago, ShovelGuy said:

Go with intergalactic supply , I have made two Army Trooper helmets from his kit and also the Sapper helmet , which is the one used in the Sapper CRL .

I personally like the Vacuformed helmets rather than 3D printed since I think they tend to be more durable but that’s just me . 

yeah i was going to try to save up to one of those helmets, but this printer guy was so energitic so he started on the print right away, so it is being made as we speak :P so not much can be done there. its going to take 180 hours to print it out that bad boy and after that i must try to locate the parts to make the correct grieblies so i got some work ahead. But at least i have you nice people to ask if i need help

18 hours ago, Raider said:

also keep in mind that blasters are not required for approval so if $$$ is an issue i would say its the lowest priority item

yeah i know Raider and if i dont win the auction for the hasbro gun then im going to wait until i can afford a flashy one

most of my uniforms are not approved with blasters.   Its easier to get past the GMLs intense gaze without one more thing to check for approval.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

most of my uniforms are not approved with blasters.   Its easier to get past the GMLs intense gaze without one more thing to check for approval.   

yepp i probably will get mine or have one ready after i get approved, that way i can have whatever gun i want when im out trooping, sure i was thinking of getting a e-11 anyway but i wouldnt say so to carry an se14-r as a secondary XD but that would never fly with the evil overlords that approve us, so that will have to wait

• 2 weeks later...

I have placed an order on a overall and the belt today so things are moving forward a little, And it would seem that my boots have arrived also so im going to pick them up later. And just for fun im going tro try to win an auction on an hasbro e-11 today even though i was told to not get it because my helmet guy didnt think they were any good. But what do you guys think about the hasbro with a conversion kit from doopydoos? 

I have a doopy conversion and personally---and this is me-- I like them.  Just sand off all the star wars markings before you start.  There have been a lot of great tutorials over the years on how to upgrade these blasters.  Before Doopy there was a feller in Star Garrison makkng resin parts and I have his stuff on my old E11. Back  in yesteryear the Blaster Builders Club had plans and templates to upgrade these, so I used aluminum channel stock and plate to make a working stock. I also took the blaster apart and cut open the charge handle track, then wrapped wire around a dowel to simulate the spring, replaced the charge port with a piece of alumumum flashing, opened up the big rail on the back, drilled open all the holes, replaced all the T tracks, made the stock work, used a peephole viewer up front in the site--it was fun and a lot of work.   In the end the Hasbro is a smaller than realistic blaster, and the NEW habro blaster that was sold in Toys R Us wound up being a little more correct, but not much.  If you are getting the original blaster that Doopy designed his mod for, just be careful cutting the front tip off so you don't nick the LED wire.   Its a simple, drop on conversion and looks a lot better than the blaster toy.  I just wish he would cast the thing in black resin instead of tan.  

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

that is outdated information. There is no armor for this.  heres the approved CRL.  

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_imperial_army_trooper

Did you see armor in the initial discussion from last year?  Its likely there, there is no  armor in the comics we used for the CRL. 

On your boots they are extremely tall, like the kind preferred for Mutroopers that come to the knee.  You will need to Blouse them down some to no more than Jackboot height per the crl.  Shane took his pics with jacks because he had not found shorter boots at the time, the comics show shorter so you can blouse them below the height of a jackboot if you prefer.  I have to do this with  my tall boots for my Rebel uniforms.   

Ok, i see what you mean.  That is a standardized, across the board preformatted text that is used on all CRLs.  There are hundreds of CRLs so the first part of the text remains the same for all.  As a template and you add the components you need for the CRL.  Its impractical to change it for each.     Only the LMO approved parts of the uniform shown are what is approved for use. 

Follow the highlighted link I posted.  It will take you to the page on Blousing.