New CRL Proposal - Sith Trooper (TROS)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a couple of things I should have posted here instead of the other posts, so will do so now. My apologies.

1 hour ago, nanotek said:

After reviewing the component again for accuracy I found the above missing

The Inside of the forearm is a panel connected to the rest of the forearm forming a seam line.

References:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 4.01.24 pm.pngwevju7rni1l31.jpg

• Thanks 1
    44 minutes ago, nanotek said:

Apologies on digging this up, I proposing to make a couple of minor changes to this section of text. When I was looking at some of the references I had forgotten this costume is made up of components. The top of the helmet is separate from the lower half which forms a seam starting from below the traps, extending diagonally towards the back and terminates at the horizontal line at the back.

I then realised that the line was not referenced in the text and that the seam should be added for L2.

• A  line starts at the bottom-back of the trap extending horizontally downwards to the back, intersecting with the diagonal line that extends from the brow and interacts with the horizontal line that separates the mohawk lines from the 5 recessed lines at base of the back.

Level 2 addition:

• The line that runs from the traps/brow to the back is a seam.

References:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.27.15 am.pnghelmet line.jpg

• Thanks 1
      On 8/22/2020 at 10:56 AM, nanotek said:

@Raider and I have been having some discussions about the Gorget wording and what it all means. There will be some changes to this part of the CRL based on the findings

• There are 3 visible steps forming rings around the neckline, ascending from the neckline to the cuirass or chest/back. The third ring from the neckline and is closest to the armor has the following details:
        • 15-17 raised sections that start and end at the shoulders, one centre raised section at the centre front that matches the width of the opening of lower front part of the cuirass opening, 7 smaller and evenly spaced raised sections that extend towards the shoulder.
        • Segments 1-5 (from the center section) and 7 are roughly 1" (25mm) wide.
        • Segment 6 (from the center)  is roughly 2" (50mm) wide.

In an attempt to make this all make more sense we will be providing a visual guide to support this part of the CRL.

Here is what we see from the font:

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 10.26.59 am.png

Here is what we see from the top: (Unfortunately we only have the Anovos statues and the Hot Toy to confirm the 7th and 8th raised sections)

117773018_300396261022983_6024800289724308399_n.png 118075243_299224794695342_3269386310276225158_n.jpg

I also decided to use Fusion 360 to get some approximate dimensions to help with this

I imported an image of the Sith Trooper and calibrated the image according to the belt size, then sketched some shapes to get some dimensions. Please bear in mind this is not exact measurements, I have not taken into account distance/angle of camera from parts. It was just to get a slight better idea of the proportions: (Dimensions are in mm)Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 10.30.34 am.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-22 at 10.44.16 am.png

Based on what we can see here I am going to propose 2 things, one is reworded text and two is L1 and L2 split

Gorget (Collar)

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume.
      • Forms part of the Cuirass which is comprised of the chest, back and gorget.
      • One piece that goes under the cuirass to form the neckline of the armor.
      • Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume. Duplicate
      • Sits flat around the neckline. added to next bullet point
      • Sits under the cuirass (or chest/back), fits closely to the neck seal, sits flat around the neckline and appears to be part of the cuirass.
      • If there is a seam, it is as discreet as possible and shall be securely closed with no visible overlaps or gap present.
      • There are 3 visible steps forming rings around the neckline, ascending from the neckline to the cuirass or chest/back. The third ring from the neckline and is closest to the armor has the following details: (Please refer to guide picture for further info)
        • 13-15 raised trapezoidal segments that start and end at the shoulders, forming the neckline at the front of the gorget
        • Segment 1 (Centre front) is approximately 2" (50mm)
        • Segments 2-6 and 8 are approximately 1/2" to 5/8" wide (12mm to 15mm) wide
        • Segment 7 (sits on the shoulder) is approximately 2" (50mm) wide
        • Segment 7 and 8 are optional

OPTIONAL (Level 2)

• The gorget must be a separate piece with no seam constructed of a flexible rubber like material.
      • Segments 7 and 8 must be present

I am going to revisit this part as I noticed an inconsistency when we were reviewing the CRL parts. 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:55 AM, RAIDER said:

This will be the CRL reference if it helps...

3E591AC9-AB07-4DA8-937D-74A57432185F.jpeg

The wording of the CRL will need tweaking to ensure the shape and spacing between the segments is correct.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 10.26.59 am.png

As you can see the between the pictures above there is a significant difference between the two pieces in terms of the shape of the centre segment and the spacing.

• 1 month later...
      36 minutes ago, Tober said:

Hey everyone. How close is the level 1 CRL to being done? 

The entire CRL will be presented at once both L1 and L2.  All text is. complete.  Model pics being compiled and edited.  The hope is for before the year ends but thats about the best I can say at this point.

• Like 4
      • Thanks 2
      • 1 month later...
      11 hours ago, Lee_C_77 said:

Any updates on the progress of the crl? Although we still can’t troop over here I’d like to get this one out to bed and cleared so it’s ready. 

We are every close, I am still waiting on a few pictures from the model. Items that remain are main pic, belt, gorget, spats and soft goods.

• Like 4
      • Thanks 1
      • 1 month later...