Sithtrooper Thighs - Draft CRL Development Discussion

Ready for agreement

Thighs

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
    • No holster is present on either thigh
    • Each thigh is comprised of 7 sections, front, inner-front, inner-rear, rear, outer-rear, outer, outer-front
    • Front and rear sections are both raised slightly in appearance and smooth flat surfaces. A diagonal channel runs from the top outer edge of the section panel, to about 1/2 way down towards the inner thigh
    • Each Front inner thigh section has a number of evenly spaced, diagonally recessed lines, starting from top of the section sloping downward from the wearers cod to the front of the thigh terminating 3/4 down the thigh.
      • Left thigh recessed lines terminate approximately at the top of the sniper plate
      • Right thigh recessed lines terminate approximately half-way between the "chocolate bars" 
      • Angle of the recesses is roughly 33 degrees from the font section edge
    • Each Rear outer panel has a number of evenly spaced, diagonal recessed lines that slope downwards from outer to inner thigh
    • Each outer section forms a visible vertical seam towards the wearers front, is smooth and has a clip greeblie near the top
    • Each thigh has the appearance of an overlap on the inner thigh where the inner-front section overlaps the inner-rear section
    • Front bottom edges of the thigh are angular in nature and dip towards the wearers knee from the sides
  • Right thigh 
    • There are two vertical rectangular boxes above the knee that have chamfered edges that look like "chocolate bars"
    • Each box sits in a slightly larger recessed cavity towards the top leaving a small recessed section exposed at the bottom
    • Recessed channel that traverses the front 3 panels roughly 25-30mm from the bottom
  • Left Thigh 
    • Large hexagonal 'sniper plate' just above the knee which has two raised rectangular 'boxes' in the centre of the upper left and upper right faces of the sniper plate
    • two dark grey or matt black, rectangular shaped recesses above the sniper plate, are angled slightly outwards from the knee

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Inner thigh section has approximately 45 evenly spaced recessed lines
  • Outer-rear section has approximately 34 evenly spaced recessed lines
  • Greeblie clip is the correct thigh greeblie clip (see diagram) and appears to be slotted into a recess (i.e it doesn't sit on top of the armour)
  • The inner-front section overlaps the inner-rear section forming an overlapping closure

i-NgXwjVJ-X4.jpgi-vnwB5Fv-X4.jpgi-jvftTrT-X4.jpgi-cVrLJpg-X4.jpgi-cRfr9mR-X4.jpg

• 3 months later...

Will be interesting to see what decision is made regarding the right leg thigh holster. It only appears on toys and figures and not  promo kits or production created armour.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So do we have anymore input so far the thigh holster goes?  Both watches of TRoS for me didnt show any sign of the holster on the screen.  Im inclined to believe it was an addition to the toys for accessories sake. 

I'll take a look at the reference photos from toys and on screen and perhaps we can make the holster optional. We did that with a few things in the shadow stormtrooper and are going to add with the Kenner toy just released. 

3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'll take a look at the reference photos from toys and on screen and perhaps we can make the holster optional. We did that with a few things in the shadow stormtrooper and are going to add with the Kenner toy just released. 

All of the toys are inaccurate and in my opinion should only be used when there is no other reference material available. Even the 1/6th scale toy has some very obvious inaccuracies! There is no holster on any of the screen used armor displays and I believe we should adhere to this.

We can wait for the film to be released on DVD, but I would say it was a decision the toymakers.

• Like 2

Thighs

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
    • No holster is present on either thigh
    • seams visible on the inside of both thighs
    • Raised section sits on the front section of both thighs, with a diagonal line running from the top outside edge to the inside edge
    •  
  • Right thigh 
    • two vertical rectangular boxes above the knee
    • recessed line that runs along the front face, traveling from the outside panel to the inside edge, (measurment) from the bottom
    • Ribbed details on the inside of the thigh, traveling at a 45 degree angle, upwards to the edge of the armor, starting from the middle of the rectangular box details 
    • Ribbed details starting from the edge of the 'outside' panel, traveling at a 45 degree angle, downwards to the edge of the armor.  
    • Outside Panel has a clip greeplie at the top of the panel 
  • Left Thigh 
    • Large hexagonal 'sniper plate' just above the knee
      • has two raised rectangular 'boxes' in the center of the upper left and upper right faces
    • two pill shaped holes above the sniper plate, angled slightly inwards
    • Ribbed details on the inside of the thigh, traveling at a 45 degree angle, upwards to the edge of the armor, starting from the middle of the rectangular box details 
    • Ribbed details starting from the edge of the 'outside' panel, traveling at a 45 degree angle, downwards to the edge of the armor.  
    • Outside Panel has a clip greeplie at the top of the panel 
Edited by JoeShoe
format updates
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive looked it over, just need to remove extra bullet points, put the text measurements into the standardized format, and double check punctuation.