Death trooper color scheme

Hey Guys, so i bougth my first DT Kit from Jim. now all is ready to paint, but i dont know wich Colors i should use. My thought were Rust-Oleum Gloss Black and Flat Black (RAL 2179 for the gloss black and RAL 2178 for the Flat Black) On the Deathtrooper build group on facebook i saw a really good scheme where to paint. should i buy some filler too or do i need sanding paper. My goal is it to make it as good as possible, also if you know good guides for painting the Armor and the helmet Please let me know. 

50837188_10161331634545524_4091926883199877120_o.jpg

• Like 2

Hi there, the colour scheme you have there is almost correct.

The majority of the helmet is gloss black. The red parts are metallic black (Tamiya TS-40). The two tubes flat black or rubber like. The  band on the brow should be a very dark grey similar to the traps at the side and back as well as the tears. There are two options for the vents, you can either paint them matte black and weather with an aluminium paint, or paint aluminium and weather with black. I prefer the latter.

If you want to get a great finish you are going to have to be super patient. Yes you will have to use primer/filler and you will need to remove all pinholes. You will need lots of sandpaper start with 400 and work your way to 1500/2000. Wet sanding is required.

I hope this helps

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, nanotek said:

The majority of the helmet is gloss black. The red parts are metallic black (Tamiya TS-40). The two tubes flat black or rubber like. The  band on the brow should be a very dark grey similar to the traps at the side and back as well as the tears. There are two options for the vents, you can either paint them matte black and weather with an aluminium paint, or paint aluminium and weather with black. I prefer the latter.

If you want to get a great finish you are going to have to be super patient. Yes you will have to use primer/filler and you will need to remove all pinholes. You will need lots of sandpaper start with 400 and work your way to 1500/2000. Wet sanding is required.

I hope this helps

Thank you! It was very Helpful! just one last question can you recommend some Dark grey paint? and do you know where to buy the meshes in the helmet?

5 hours ago, Leon Pollakowski said:

Thank you! It was very Helpful! just one last question can you recommend some Dark grey paint? and do you know where to buy the meshes in the helmet?

I assume you could search for a stainless steel mesh on AliExpress and find suitable one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32973627630.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4b92129bW37cuE&algo_pvid=7b0102c5-60d1-494f-8870-37379d8f9e29&algo_expid=7b0102c5-60d1-494f-8870-37379d8f9e29-4&btsid=09446bcb-e413-4ba1-ad7e-be70a40ab66d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_55

The 20 mesh looks about right? @Chaos @WARMACHINE both have Jimi kits, they might be able to help? 

As for the dark grey, you can try a matte black (which will appear dark grey next to gloss black - Tamiya TS-6) TS-48 Gunship Grey - is a nice dark grey too. I have not tried to do an exact colour match yet but you will get the idea

• Like 1
23 hours ago, nanotek said:

I assume you could search for a stainless steel mesh on AliExpress and find suitable one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32973627630.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4b92129bW37cuE&algo_pvid=7b0102c5-60d1-494f-8870-37379d8f9e29&algo_expid=7b0102c5-60d1-494f-8870-37379d8f9e29-4&btsid=09446bcb-e413-4ba1-ad7e-be70a40ab66d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_55

The 20 mesh looks about right? @Chaos @WARMACHINE both have Jimi kits, they might be able to help? 

As for the dark grey, you can try a matte black (which will appear dark grey next to gloss black - Tamiya TS-6) TS-48 Gunship Grey - is a nice dark grey too. I have not tried to do an exact colour match yet but you will get the idea

Man you are helpful! My friend recommended me this site and you are just awesome! For the weathered silver i oredered Tamya TS-17 for the dark metallic grey Tamya TS-48 Gunship grey for the Black Rust Oleum High Gloss Black RAL 2179 and for the Flat Black Rust-Oleum 2178 and just in case Tamya TS-30 metallic silver and Tristar color filler. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Leon Pollakowski said:

Man you are helpful! My friend recommended me this site and you are just awesome! For the weathered silver i oredered Tamya TS-17 for the dark metallic grey Tamya TS-48 Gunship grey for the Black Rust Oleum High Gloss Black RAL 2179 and for the Flat Black Rust-Oleum 2178 and just in case Tamya TS-30 metallic silver and Tristar color filler. 

Please do not forget the Tamiya TS-40 Metallic Black! That is the most important one!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Leon Pollakowski said:

So the metallic dark grey is metallic black?

Here is what I posted originally:

On 9/30/2019 at 7:18 AM, nanotek said:

I hope this helps

Green = Gloss Black

Yellow = Dark grey TS-48 Gunship grey possibly?!) except for the tubes which are flat black or rubber like (TS-82 Rubber black)

Red = Metallic Black (Tamiya TS-40)

Blue = Aluminium (Tamiya TS-17) weathered with flat black 

• Like 1

@nanotek is correct I do have Jim's kit. To be honest, I went to my local hardware store and bought a metal window screen repair kit, I think it was #20 size but can't be sure. I put the screen under the vents and then painted the silver weathering color. It turned out great. I did put a piece of black weed blocker fabric under the mesh before I installed @ukswrath's helmet audio sound system so that the speakers were not visible. Best of luck with your build, like @nanotek said above, there is a plethora of experience here and we are always happy to help. 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:09 PM, Chaos said:

@nanotek is correct I do have Jim's kit. To be honest, I went to my local hardware store and bought a metal window screen repair kit, I think it was #20 size but can't be sure. I put the screen under the vents and then painted the silver weathering color. It turned out great. I did put a piece of black weed blocker fabric under the mesh before I installed @ukswrath's helmet audio sound system so that the speakers were not visible. Best of luck with your build, like @nanotek said above, there is a plethora of experience here and we are always happy to help. 

thank you!! i wet sanded my armor with 400 and then 600 grid, now im waiting for the filler to arrive should be here next monday. You can see some scraches on the helmet, but if you scrach the scraches with your nail you cant feel it. i just need 3 more Things. The first one is the two rubberbands for the left forearm (the one from the plastic arms dealer doesent work for jims kit i assume.) and a mount for the Thermal Detonator on the back and a mount for the 3 Rockets on the left arm

• Like 1
On 10/2/2019 at 6:09 PM, Chaos said:

Also, how did you mount your Active pulse Emitters? i have the feeling that mine are too small and they cant be placed in the right angle