TLR's Flametrooper Project

Hey all! After the failures of my Deathtrooper and Mudtrooper, I reorganized a bit and took some time to settle. Now I'm diving back in with a Flametrooper build! I'm going to attempt to join the ranks of the HOTTEST members in the Legion. I guess you could say I'm really TURNING UP THE HEAT with this costume. I know you're going to GRILL me about these puns later. But it's okay, I've been BURNED for my sense of humor before. okay i'm stopping now

Here's my checklist for the project, I've already got a couple pieces that should save on costs a tiny bit!

Helmet: ✓ (ordered, SkyGunBros)

Armor: X (unsure, messaged 850 asking if they make a kit)

Gaskets/Neck seal: X

Gloves: X (Endor Finders)

Undersuit:

Boots:   (TK Boots)

Backpack: X

Flamethrower: X

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Well, can confirm from 850 that they do not make a kit. I'm aware that KBProps makes a kit, does anyone know of any other vendors? I like to know my options. ?

Checked w a friend. He purchased KB. SGB did his helmet and Kevin Merritt did the thrower

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Thanks Raider. I'm debating printing my flamethrower so that I can customize it with the crazy leaf blower idea I have in mind... but we'll see. ?

Lol. Go for it..whats could go wrong (famous last words).

Looking at all the WIP threads we have that vendor combo seem to be the common one used.  There was one 850 thread but you confirmed they arent making it

3 hours ago, Raider said:

Lol. Go for it..whats could go wrong (famous last words).

Looking at all the WIP threads we have that vendor combo seem to be the common one used.  There was one 850 thread but you confirmed they arent making it

I'm also thinking of making my own fuel tank. I want to see how much of this costume I can make myself. ?

Okay, so the vendor I messaged about a neck seal and gaskets is telling me I need an undersuit with ribbing at the elbows and shins, like a FOTK. So I'm not sure if we're not on the same page or something. All the CRL specifies is "An undergarment must be worn such that all areas not covered by armor or gaskets show a black material. The black material may be shiny or matte." I specified that I only wanted gaskets and a neckseal, and this is what I was told. Anybody got input on this?

Tx_ft_undersuit.jpg

EDIT: yes, it was a misunderstanding, issue resolved.

i Just use under armor shirt and pants. I have ones for cold weather as well. I bought a “ nice” stormtrooper undersuit with the shiny stuff on it and the shiny part peeled off before I even wore it with a complete kit. Total waste of money.

my gaskets are from geekypink on FB. She is a very nice person and did a great job. I want to see if she will make me a new set using a different material I want to try.

my armor is KB. The 850 cod is just wrong. 

I use an 850 gun- not bad, weighs a ton ( think 13lbs) 

my tank is MLC- it is undersized from the screen used tank and very delicate. If you are 5’9” and below it should be fine. 

7 hours ago, 01Hawk said:

i Just use under armor shirt and pants. I have ones for cold weather as well. I bought a “ nice” stormtrooper undersuit with the shiny stuff on it and the shiny part peeled off before I even wore it with a complete kit. Total waste of money.

my gaskets are from geekypink on FB. She is a very nice person and did a great job. I want to see if she will make me a new set using a different material I want to try.

my armor is KB. The 850 cod is just wrong. 

I use an 850 gun- not bad, weighs a ton ( think 13lbs) 

my tank is MLC- it is undersized from the screen used tank and very delicate. If you are 5’9” and below it should be fine. 

I'm 6'0", so I'll probably be making my own tank using a combination of real and 3D printed parts. 850 makes a gun though? They didn't mention that at all when I asked them about their kit..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Well, project on hiatus indefinitely. Pretty sure I got scammed out of my helmet. I'm working on my Biker Scout instead.

That sucks.  We don't intervene with vendor issues...but we can flag them if necessary.  PM me if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Actually received my helmet.

143089e5d6.jpg

I'm working with KB props on getting part of the armor, and the rest will be 3d printed.

My Flamethrower is currently being printed.

I inquired about a backpack kit but surprise surprise, the guy's ignoring me. I'll be making my own backpack still.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Update: Actually received my helmet.

143089e5d6.jpg

I'm working with KB props on getting part of the armor, and the rest will be 3d printed.

My Flamethrower is currently being printed.

I inquired about a backpack kit but surprise surprise, the guy's ignoring me. I'll be making my own backpack still.

Glad to see you received your product in the end! Even though it may have been a bumpy road, you got what you wanted in the end.

Do you have schematics for the backpack or are you going to use your figureine as reference with the CRL? 

4 hours ago, kishdr said:

Glad to see you received your product in the end! Even though it may have been a bumpy road, you got what you wanted in the end.

Do you have schematics for the backpack or are you going to use your figureine as reference with the CRL? 

Thanks for the kind words. I'm planning on using the figure in conjunction with the CRL, yes. I'm working on a 3d model for my friend to 'tidy up' and make pretty for his 3d printer. ?

same, ive had some really rocky helmet transactions especially one of of Columbia that went south . 

I wasn't aware SGB was even making/selling anymore, last I heard *years ago* he was done selling to Legion members because of his recast accusations.