Replace a Studio Creations Shadow Scout Visor? HELP

Red43j

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I've noticed that my visor for my Shadow Scout bucket has gotten 2 cracks in it. I contacted Studio Creations, only to find out they no longer are making Shadow Scout kits. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? HELP!

10 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Do you have any pics of it? Depending on the length of it you may be able to make some ABS paste and fill/sand/touch-up the cracks.

Here you go, there's 2 cracks on the visor:

scout1.jpg

scout2.jpg

scout3.jpg

scout4.jpg

Here is my suggestion (note I have a particular personal bias as I prefer the satin/matte finish on Shadow Scouts...see my profile lol)...

Use bondo or a filler putty to fill the cracks. Sand smooth and then repaint the entire kit top to bottom...satin would be my choice...but you could finish in gloss as well.  I say paint the entire kit as it might prove difficult to get the gloss paint on just the helmet to match the rest of the kit.

If they no longer pull their visors in black, you would have to find a white one Id imagine and then paint anyways.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Raider said:

Here is my suggestion (note I have a particular personal bias as I prefer the satin/matte finish on Shadow Scouts...see my profile lol)...

Use bondo or a filler putty to fill the cracks. Sand smooth and then repaint the entire kit top to bottom...satin would be my choice...but you could finish in gloss as well.  I say paint the entire kit as it might prove difficult to get the gloss paint on just the helmet to match the rest of the kit.

If they no longer pull their visors in black, you would have to find a white one Id imagine and then paint anyways.

Its been a consideration. I like that matte look myself.

3 minutes ago, Red43j said:

Its been a consideration. I like that matte look myself.

If you go that route...and I havent seen ur entire bucket and kit...leave the chest indent gloss (tape off while painting) and replace all decals with gloss solid black decals to contrast the matte finish.  Its a stealthy yet classy look...decals will then have a subtle “pop” off the armor.  Updated CRL is a good example.

• Like 1

Ive repaired a lot of cracks, youll also want to use some black plastic behind the crack to reinforce it and spread the pressure out.  Without a backing plate / gusset its likely to fail at the weakest point , which is where they have crcacked now. 

Another consideration, which we do to  aircraft sheetmetal, is to stop drill the crack with a 1/32" drill bit.  drill at the end of the crack.  Then glue the backing plate on behind the crack, then fill the hole with Bondo , sand and repaint.   

• Thanks 1
On 1/19/2020 at 10:29 AM, Red43j said:

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I've noticed that my visor for my Shadow Scout bucket has gotten 2 cracks in it. I contacted Studio Creations, only to find out they no longer are making Shadow Scout kits. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? HELP!

did you talk to jeff directly?  or just looked at the sc website?

the reason i ask is because a local just had a full shadow scout made by sc and it shipped out yesterday.