Del Meeko Vest modifications

The rest of Del Meeko seems to be very straightforward, but the vest seems to be what's hanging up a lot of builders. 
Assuming that to date nobody has just straight up made a ready to go tac vest I figured I'd post up what mods I'll be doing to my Flyye Tac vest I acquired.

So assuming you have a Flyye law enforcement vest (or something very similar)
The modifications I've seen that need to be made (according to in game images)(please correct as needed):

Buckles:

• Main buckle is replaced with a tri-glide.

Straps:

• Straps from the tri-glide to the about the top of the wearers shoulders will need to have a cover made.
    • Cover seems to be (from game references) a layered box pleat (3 layers in total) 
  • Buckle Greeblie is attached on top of the strap, right above the tri-glide.
  • Straps are attached over the front of the vest instead of behind.
    • attachment point is moved approx. 2-2.5" outward from the original attachment point.

Pouches:

• Main pouches have an ABS plate (or strip approx. 0.75" tall) inside, attached to some webbing or canvas.
  • An additional Pouch is added on the wearers right side
    • This pouch sits higher than the others, and is runs under the molle webbing on that side (molle webbing is cut to accomodate this) 
    • This pouch is shorter than the others which leads me to believe this is a 20rd AR-15 mag pouch, or general utility pouch.

Don't know if this will pass the muster, but at the very least I'm hoping that with some feedback I can start the mods off on the right foot so I don't butcher a vest unnecessarily! 
My vest is in hand and ready to start, just need to gather some materials for the covers and I can get started! 

Thank you all in advance for the feedback! 

EDIT: For reference of where I'm pulling my list from:

6 hours ago, Commandermoonmoon said:

Main pouches have an ABS plate (or strip approx. 0.75" tall) inside, attached to some webbing or canvas.

I don't know what you exactly mean. But i would advice you to make some packages with canvas cover and adding a plastic stripe (i got 3D printed ones with measures 12mm×4mm×68mm for the packages inside my Jim Tripon tactical vest) on the upper end of the front

20200226_190234.jpg

20200213_110640.jpg

14 hours ago, TX-20113 said:

I don't know what you exactly mean. But i would advice you to make some packages with canvas cover and adding a plastic stripe (i got 3D printed ones with measures 12mm×4mm×68mm for the packages inside my Jim Tripon tactical vest) on the upper end of the front

20200226_190234.jpg

20200213_110640.jpg

ah yes, my wording there was pretty awful haha but yeah thats the part I was referring to. I have some scrap ABS lying around I was going to just layer it up and the round over the edges. but it's good to have a solid measurement for that part. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

You can easily make this out of wood, a scrap of ABS or similar plastic of the right size, and some black canvas or similar cloth. 

total time to do this including getting the photos converted and uploaded was under 8 minutes.   

LHBB7KW.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 7:24 AM, Blackwatch said:

You can easily make this out of wood, a scrap of ABS or similar plastic of the right size, and some black canvas or similar cloth. 

total time to do this including getting the photos converted and uploaded was under 8 minutes.   

LHBB7KW.jpg

I've got some layered ABS just that just needs to be ground to dimensions but I'm eyeing my scrap MDF now as well!  Thanks for the idea! 

• Like 1