New Shadow Scout Build

Message added by nanotek

Note to Mods: RageQuit has retired from the legion. Leaving the thread here in case he decides to return to this build. Otherwise after one year can be archived.

Good Afternoon troopers - I have just retired my Death Trooper kit as my body was having issues with total weight, restricted movement and especially sitting down. I am researching a Shadow Scout as scouts are great and black is cool.

I have a lot of research ahead of me re kit parts ordering, from who, cost, etc - would appreciate whatever guidance existing Shadow Scouts can provide to ease the path.

Regards,

RageQuit

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, RageQuit said:

Good Afternoon troopers - I have just retired my Death Trooper kit as my body was having issues with total weight, restricted movement and especially sitting down. I am researching a Shadow Scout as scouts are great and black is cool.

I have a lot of research ahead of me re kit parts ordering, from who, cost, etc - would appreciate whatever guidance existing Shadow Scouts can provide to ease the path.

Regards,

RageQuit

Sorry to hear that.  To clarify...you haven’t settled on a kit yet?

12 hours ago, RageQuit said:

No, I have just started researching the build.

Lots of options in terms of armor.  Some more accurate than others in terms of how sculpt matches the actual movie references.  My suggestion is to paint the armor a satin/matte...personal preference.  With that in mind, you don't necessarily need to get the armor pulled in black plastic...and in a few of these kits they are the 5 piece helmet build (like the screen helmets...2 dome pieces, 2 visor pieces, and front mask) which would require some work to cover seams and ultimately would require painting anyways.

RS Props (UK based...I mostly see full commission builds from them)

Chef's Creations (UK based...what I own)

Studio Creations

Faraway Creations

Walt's Trooper Factory

Kropserkel

There may be others but those are the ones I'm familiar with.  In your area of Australia there is also a bucket maker (Altmann...not sure if I've spelled that right)...nice helmet...a little bit bigger if you need a larger sized helmet.

Soft goods...most of these suppliers also supply the soft goods or have someone they source their soft goods from.  If you'd like to make your own flightsuit mod, vest, and bund...we have tutorials on those here in our forums.  I'd suggest reaching out to @nanotek in your own garrison as I know he recently put together his own soft goods for his Shadow Scout build.

Boots...also very do-able on your own (just some black marine vinyl...pins to stretch it...and a base boot which can be found at several retailers on the cheap...mine were from K-Mart.  I've seen Wal-Mart boots used as well) but again many of the armor suppliers can provide boots too.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a Walt's kit and I am not slim, so any kit will fit a slim person.  My scout is my second Walt's kit. Very easy to build, nice lines to be able to trim and shape and it just goes together well and I never have issues with support if I need assistance.

• 1 month later...

I just spoke to Spike on BSN yesterday. Turnaround on the Altmanns is 6-8 weeks, you can get ahold of him on BSN and he will get to your message immediately.