LIST:

Armour: WTF
    -Abdominal Plate: (Completed)
    -Arms (Biceps & Forearms: (Completed)
    -Back  Plate: (Completed)
    -Chest Plate: (Completed)
    -Hand  Plates/Gloves: (Completed)
    -Kidney & Posterior Plate: (Completed)
    -Legs (Thighs and Lower leg): (Completed)
    -Shoulder  Bells: (Completed)
Balaclava: (Completed)
Belt: (Completed)
Boots: (Completed)
Chestbox: (Completed)
Drop boxes: (Completed)
Helmet: (Completed)
Hoses: (Completed)
Neck Seal: (Completed)
Rocket Pack: CrookKnight's Imperial Trooper Packs  (needs to be fixed) (Completed)
Thermal Detonator (Specific to BF2 Rocket Trooper): (Need to print a second one)
Under Suit: (Completed)

Optional:

Audio System: TRamp: (Completed)
DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle: (Need to print)
RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifle: (Need to print)
Trading card holder: Chris "CHAOS" files: (Need to print)

I have put all my other builds on hold until this one is complete. Seeing how I have been working on this one since Sept 2018, before the CRL was finished, I thought that its about time. 

I have been documenting my build in word file and taking photos (when I remember) knowing that I would eventually make a WIP thread when I had the time to sit down and post.

I did have some issues with a few parts, mostly the Rocket pack, which I paid for in September 2018 and did not receive it until February 11th 2020. The pack arrived with some broken parts which occurred during shipping. The paint jobs was not the best and there are a few issues related to accuracy overall, but everything can be fixed and repainted. I’m just glad that it finally arrived.

Shoulder Bell:

Painting the shoulder bell out doors in the  winter is never a good idea, but the alternative is getting the wife mad with all the paint fumes inside the house…lol.

The vinyl cog that I had is way too small, so I had to freehand and paint the cog directly on the shoulder bell.

sUca9BX.jpg

GAqfluD.jpg

ZnIep6k.jpg

5pG317w.jpg

WRZpUdX.jpg

The Mohawk:

CrookKnight was awesome enough to include one with the pack. Of course it didn’t fit my  WTF helmet, but that’s nothing a little heat gun and filler can’t fit.  The trick was making sure I lined everything up, which took a lot of time. I think I spent over a two weeks working on the Mohawk.

Helmet: Painting Time!

Initially I was going to make it all Level 2, but seeing how the COVID-19 has shut everything down and I’m unable to get the vinyl decals made, I decided to hand paint everything.

As per the reference photos, I painted the grey to match the hoses.

M9afFXP.jpg

nciDaIw.jpg

GogYNCi.jpg

dnauT3q.jpg

ESixYME.jpg

6WIVyP3.jpg

6QUuKqE.jpg

i6lUzKG.jpg

H8VwSAU.jpg

otDas9o.jpg

The Rocket pack.... Where to begin.

3egxzrn.jpg?3

4ECtwRs.jpg

As I said that pack was damaged, roughly printed and needed to be repainted. The spacer (between the main pack and exhaust ports) is so flimsy that it is unable to properly support the exhaust ports to the main pack. It's wrong compared to the reference photos, so I will have to remake one.  The two lights on the top of the fuel canister are in the wrong spot (need to fill the hole and move them).

1. Make and 3D print a correct and accurate spacer for the main pack and exhaust ports.

2. Fill and sand entire pack. Prep for paint.

3. Fit broken parts.

4. Fill in previous holes left by lights on fuel canister and cut out new ones.

5. Add seam to fuel canister by lights.

6. Fix broken light wires (came this way).

7. Add bolts to "I O" pack plate that way I can secure it to the armour back plate.

8. PAINT entire pack.

Adding some filler:

zpQR7q9.jpg

The old supports:

xyR66yH.jpg

d6sRWyP.jpg

bGkYnrg.jpg

3D printed NEW supports:

acjKRGK.jpg

hCU8Kyz.jpg

Oh the lights... Not in the right spot AT ALL. lol.

The broken wire. I'll have to try to shave some of the black silicone that is caked on the entire LED assembly in order to fix it. Here's hoping.

xw2qzp7.jpg

fec3ERI.jpg

Filling in the holes.

sufbCc0.jpg

Very nice @BLACKFOX!  With that pack, leading up to the CRL publishing, the biggest issue we found was the canister size (which he updated to be more accurate)...I'm guessing this is that updated canister.

The other thing...on the sides of the pack there are what look to be panels.  When he originally made the pack, both sides had black panels.  Only the left should be black.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but the right should really have no panel at all...the CRL gallery shows the right painted white at the very least.  Check the CRL gallery for weathering references as well for the cylinder caps, rocket vents, etc.

Best wishes in getting this to the finish line.

5 hours ago, Raider said:

Very nice @BLACKFOX!  With that pack, leading up to the CRL publishing, the biggest issue we found was the canister size (which he updated to be more accurate)...I'm guessing this is that updated canister.

The other thing...on the sides of the pack there are what look to be panels.  When he originally made the pack, both sides had black panels.  Only the left should be black.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but the right should really have no panel at all...the CRL gallery shows the right painted white at the very least.  Check the CRL gallery for weathering references as well for the cylinder caps, rocket vents, etc.

Best wishes in getting this to the finish line.

Good to know and thank you for the advise. The right side panels can be removed, so no worries there.

Right (no panel)

Rocket Trooper 360 Image.jpeg

Left (panel...here gray-ish...we have a game footage shot that looks darker/black)

image.jpeg

Just to note...this isnt actually a CRL requirement but its something that might be looked at for Level 2 requirement in the (near) future.

• Like 1

You are very welcome!  Also check the cog size on the shoulder bell against these references and the CRL. Yours looks big but I cant really tell.

@Raider got you suited on the side panel, and yep check the size of that cog. It does look a little on the large side. I liken the size of it close to what is found on the sleeve of a flightsuit, maybe just a tad bit larger.

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree. The COG was way too big compared to the reference images. So, I sanded everything down and repainted it. This one looks way better ans is the correct size. I used one of my 501st patches to outline the circle first. Worked like a charm.

I also added the battle damage. I think it looks great now.

AWsJmhn.jpg

bpp5mEz.jpg

• Like 2

Well, that sucks. I was referencing the helmet in the CRL photo, which has the wrong Mohawk when compared to all the reference photos.  Cut it up and added some filler. Repainted it and now it looks correct. I'm waiting for the paint to dry so I can add the lens and mesh.

eqmaIWa.jpg

0W5fa9l.jpg

bEfQWkX.jpg

VInmzEj.jpg

OAWz8Gy.jpg

61crgcJ.jpg

• Like 2

It's been a busy  week.  Fixed the pack,  reprinted the main fuel cell as the lights needed to  be moved down and a seam had to be added.  Turned out great. Sanded, painted and good to go now. One step closer.

X36sth4.jpg

7nUFoY3.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good!

Just make sure that square on the center park of the pack is black and those two lines around it are black extending horizontally to the left, like in the CRL pic.

14 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Looking good!

Just make sure that square on the center park of the pack is black and those two lines around it are black extending horizontally to the left, like in the CRL pic.

The problem is that the CRL images are not correct when you compare them to the reference photos. (helmet: Mohawk, Jetpack: colours and the main box with 5 sections) So, do I build it to the CRL, which is wrong or to the reference image?

When you look at that black square it also appears to be dark-grey a lot of the reference photos as well. Just like the square on the left. Which has the same issue. I believe that its because it's metallic/reflective.

4 minutes ago, BLACKFOX said:

The problem is that the CRL images are not correct when you compare them to the reference photos. So, do I build it to the CRL, which is wrong or to the image?

If you're going for approval then the CRL images are what the GML's are going to use.

Which part is wrong in the CRL? There is possibility to petition for a CRL review on it down the road as well if the evidence suggests otherwise.

The problem is that the CRL images are not correct when you compare them to the reference photos. (helmet: Mohawk (shape, front and back as well as the colour on the chin), Jetpack: colours and the main box with 5 sections).

When you look at that black square it also appears to be dark-grey a lot of the reference photos as well. Just like the square on the left. Which has the same issue. A metallic/reflective surface would cause that to happen.

I had to remake the mohawk and now the  jet  pack because I was following the CRL images  as a  reference after completing them.

I informed GML that  I are a few issues with the accuracy of the CRL and was  told to include the reference images when submitting my application. Either way it would be a good idea to look into that further.