BLACKFOX's BF2 ROCKET TROOPER WIP

On 3/29/2020 at 8:47 PM, Raider said:

Right (no panel)

Rocket Trooper 360 Image.jpeg

Left (panel...here gray-ish...we have a game footage shot that looks darker/black)

image.jpeg

Just to note...this isnt actually a CRL requirement but its something that might be looked at for Level 2 requirement in the (near) future.

Examples of what I am talking about.

I think there are a few points to remember regarding CRLs...

a) The pictures themselves are not required to be hyper-accurate (Level 2/Level 3) models.  I would wager that most CRLs actually launch with slight (emphasis on slight as I don't think there is anything pointed out here that I would qualify as major) inaccuracies/interpretations.

b) A GML should always use the text...it says that in the CRL introduction...along with pictures.  Not one or the other.

Regarding the mohawk, I would say that while yours appears to now be matching the references better now, I would say that there is nothing in either mohawks that deviates from the text.  If anything, at most I would say the differences in mohawks could be as simple as a Level 1 vs. Level 2 look.

From what I see, the chin is gray with a black outline.  Could you be more accurate and make the black outline thicker in particular so it's more visible on the very bottom of the chin?  Absolutely.  But again...I wouldn't term that "wrong" or "incorrect."  CRLs, again, can (and often do) depict the Level 1 minimum as that is all GMLs are reviwing/approving...not the absolute most accurate representation and again I don't see any text that would conflict with what you have done.

And with the pack colorings...there are references that show both and as such we have further "interpretation"...not what I would term "incorrect-ness."  Additionally, that bottom center section actually appears to be divided into 3 sections...the right rectangle doesn't extend to the edge and a seam divides a smaller section on the right...but would I reject a pack that didn't have that.  No way lol.

c) CRLs are always fluid documents and in what I've seen here, I can't say that anything shown would need to effect Level 1 basic requirements persay..which in turn would have little bearing on the CRL photos.  We could open up color options to a point for sure maybe (add in gray and be more specific with the black outline on the vocoder).  We could add Level 2 requirements.  Even the seam you added on the pack cylinder (which when I see the reference picture I don't see an indented seam...more something that looks like welding line that pops out from the pack not a seam)...could be added as an L2 requirement if we thought it necessary.

So yea...all that to say that I think you're on track with your work.  Keep going!  I encourage that for sure.  I don't see anything in what you have done that should bring any concern to a GML doing a Level 1 approval as CRLs should be reviewed in both text and picture always keeping in mind pictures can (and often are) Level 1 minimal requirement depictions.  The GML is always free to ask the detachment (there is a forum for that in the main legion forums for us to assist) for advice and input and you are always free to present references to your GML as well (which sounds like you have).

And when all is said and done...if we need to revisit the costume for some minor touch-ups, we can.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I was literally thinking about you/this last night before I fell asleep.  Glad you received my telepathic communications!

I've split the proposal post off of this thread so as not to derail your WIP.  It is now located here for discussion: https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/7566-blackfoxs-crlupdate-proposal/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Raider said:

I was literally thinking about you/this last night before I fell asleep.  Glad you received my telepathic communications!

I've split the proposal post off of this thread so as not to derail your WIP.  It is now located here for discussion: https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/7566-blackfoxs-crlupdate-proposal/

That's too funny... Perfect, thank you for moving it to the proposal thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's done. I have to fix a few things that popped and shifted while trying to put everything on.  The pack is heavier then I though it would be and I will have to adjust my harness a little more.  Over all I'm happy with it. I'm planning on making a new thermal Detonator to match the reference photo that's in the CRL update proposal thread when I get sometime.

Thank you to everyone  for their suggestions, comments and guidance. It's truly appreciated.

d4n7LYb.jpg

a9nz10m.jpg

JH1fAMh.jpg

ZuTWCWq.jpg

xvNZo6T.jpg

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, BLACKFOX said:

Well it's done. I have to fix a few things that popped and shifted while trying to put everything on.  The pack is heavier then I though it would be and I will have to adjust my harness a little more.  Over all I'm happy with it. I'm planning on making a new thermal Detonator to match the reference photo that's in the CRL update proposal thread when I get sometime.

Thank you to everyone  for their suggestions, comments and guidance. It's truly appreciated.

d4n7LYb.jpg

a9nz10m.jpg

JH1fAMh.jpg

ZuTWCWq.jpg

xvNZo6T.jpg

it looks really good.  show an update please when you make final adjustments!

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed everything up and resubmitted my photos last week.

tdgpFrx.jpg

64kIjjp.jpg

T505C6b.jpg

rk4ktuf.jpg

My  TX: Rocket Trooper was approved today! Thank you to everyone who helped me get my costume approved. I truly appreciated all the help and suggestions.

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...