JAFO'S MUDTROOPER BUILD (Jimmiroquai)

JAFO

It’s fast approaching the one year anniversary of getting my Mudtrooper approved. This past weekend I finally got to troop my kit for the first time!

Up until the weekend I hadn’t worn the kit longer than thirty minutes so I knew Oz Comic-Con Pop-up would prove a real test in terms of durability and endurability.

I’m glad to report that there were no kit malfunctions and I returned to base with everything intact. But it’s safe to say I learned a few things about the kit that I will need to address.

Firstly, my boots. They are vintage Soviet Officer boots which fit well and are mostly comfy, however, it became apparent as time passed by that the toe section needs to be stretched/heightened. My big toes copped an agonising bashing and after two long sessions in kit I was practically hobbled. With a bit of time, softening and stretching all should come good.

Next up, the collar and shoulders. Wearing the FOTK I’m used to load-bearing around the neck and shoulder area but the Muddy was next level torture by comparison. The cause is simple...the Plash Palatka! The cape is so damn heavy that it really drags you down.  I’m happy that the rigging of the Plash is well placed but need to consider some padding around the neck, almost like a low profile foam travel pillow, which will help provide some support. I’ve started to consider my options and hatch a plan.

When all is said and done, it was great to be out in the wild and finally troop the Muddy. The costume got a lot of love and the response from Garrison mates seeing it for the first time was overwhelming. it’s safe to say that even with its limited screen time the Mudtrooper piques people’s interest.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

With thanks to Sarah Hiller, Andy Price and Adam Skidmore for additional pics.