Helmet required for approval?

Helmet is required for approval. Hat can be worn after initial approval as an optional accessory.

**EDIT**

I didn't see the last bullet point on the CRL, it can be substituted.

Edited by IcyTrooper
Correction

18 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Helmet is required for approval. Hat can be worn after initial approval as an optional accessory.

Apparently the wording is a bit confusing for some GMLs, is there a way to update the verbage to make it a bit more clear?

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, vonmoen said:

Apparently the wording is a bit confusing for some GMLs, is there a way to update the verbage to make it a bit more clear?

@vonmoen we can most certainly bring it up!

Being a GML myself I'm always for better understanding of the CRL, at the same time anything above the optional line should always be treated as mandatory unless noted otherwise.

**EDIT**

It can be swapped with the hat in L1, I was corrected by @Raider. That is my fault. I missed the last bullet point on the CRL.

Edited by IcyTrooper
Corrected to indicate the hat can be swapped in for the helmet at L1.
  • Thanks 1

@vonmoen I stand corrected and have edited the responses above, but did not remove the old text (only strikethrough). I'm embarrassed but I missed the last bullet point at the bottom of the L1 stating that the hat can be swapped in for the helmet at L1.

I remember a bit of discussion we had doing the CRL work, the helmet is most commonly seen but a few troopers do wear the hat.   Were changing parts of the CRL regarding updating the boots and the addition of the TK belt.  We can add this to the CRL change topic discussion which is still open. 

17 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

I remember a bit of discussion we had doing the CRL work, the helmet is most commonly seen but a few troopers do wear the hat.   Were changing parts of the CRL regarding updating the boots and the addition of the TK belt.  We can add this to the CRL change topic discussion which is still open. 

Will West German jackboots still be approvable for Level 1?

By the update proposal (posted here for a few months now)...no.

Only officers have the jacks...no panel presented showed an army trooper with higher boots that those participating in the discussion could see.

yeah we are doing a heavy rewrite on the Army trooper.  The correct boots are still out there, the commuter IIs.  IMO even 9" shaft motorcycle boots painted green will look that way for L1. Doing the same with the sapper/ Engineer.   

DwOWRps.jpg

Edited by Blackwatch

I updated my Army purchase list last night .  I have the ESS style on all my Spec Ops gear. You can find very inexpensive airsoft goggles that will fit the bill, and keep the square frame requirement.  Mine came with a bunch of interchangeable lenses. Ultimately its up to he GML, to approve , but the top ridge is very round on that pair vs something like the ESS or UVEX .