approval advice please

Hey guys, fairly new here, so first off, hi, i recently purchased a set of shadowtrooper armour and was wondering if you guys thought it would be acceptable for approval or whether some stuff would need doing to it, I can only post pictures of the armour without anyone in it at the moment but I will update this thread once the armour actually arrives and I try it on but any basic feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

More pictures can be found on my imgur account here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/dLAs3kC

s-l16008.thumb.jpg.a471417768975c7adfaf2cf83dc3c9b9.jpg

A lot will depend on how it fits and what it looks like when you are wearing it. But over all it looks decent. I did not see boots in the pictures which you will need too.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Allan1313 said:

A lot will depend on how it fits and what it looks like when you are wearing it. But over all it looks decent. I did not see boots in the pictures which you will need too.

Yeh i get that, unfortunately can't take photos without it here ;) but will definitely update this thread once it arrives, and bizzarely the boots weren't pictured but the guy i bought it off said it comes with boots so i guess we'll just have to wait and see, thanks for your input though  :)

I second what @Allan1313 said, I can't see any glaring issues with it. Just be advised that when you get it the right forearm needs to be flipped around so the other end is at the wrist. Will need to see the helmet and boots as well.

• Like 2
Just now, IcyTrooper said:

I second what @Allan1313 said, I can't see any glaring issues with it. Just be advised that when you get it the right forearm needs to be flipped around so the other end is at the wrist. Will need to see the helmet and boots as well.

Yeh i'd noticed that in the pictures (thanks for picking that up), and thankyou for your input as well, the helmet looks alright to me but what do i know ;) there's some photos of the helmet here (these are the only one's i have access to until it arrives): https://imgur.com/gallery/dLAs3kC

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The_Trash_Man said:

Yeh i'd noticed that in the pictures (thanks for picking that up), and thankyou for your input as well, the helmet looks alright to me but what do i know ;) there's some photos of the helmet here (these are the only one's i have access to until it arrives): https://imgur.com/gallery/dLAs3kC

Ahhh I can't believe that I missed that link.

I took a look at the helmet and it'll need a couple things done prior to approval:

• Traps (both front and back) will need black lines.
  • Tears (under eyes) will need black lines.
  • May want to check with a GML about the difference in shiny between the body armor and the helmet. Looks a little more matte with the helmet that a GML may say is too much of a difference; generally things should look uniform.

I'm curious as to who the armor maker is, the pulls look a little weak in a few spots...but nothing that should effect basic approval.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

I took a look at the helmet and it'll need a couple things done prior to approval:

• May want to check with a GML about the difference in shiny between the body armor and the helmet. Looks a little more matte with the helmet that a GML may say is too much of a difference; generally things should look uniform.

I'm curious as to who the armor maker is, the pulls look a little weak in a few spots...but nothing that should effect basic approval.

Haha no worries, thankyou so much

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

one quicky, what do you mean 'the pulls look a little weak' (As long as it doesn't mean it's going to fall apart as soon as i try and put it on that's fine XD ;) )

8 minutes ago, The_Trash_Man said:

one quicky, what do you mean 'the pulls look a little weak' (As long as it doesn't mean it's goign to fll apart as soon as i try and put it on that's fine XD ;) )

No worries, just the details around the "O II" on the back plate and then on the front of the abdomen plate don't look very sharp/tight in the vacforming process. It definitely won't effect you putting it on or it falling apart.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

No worries, just the details around the "O II" on the back plate and then on the front of the abdomen plate don't look very sharp/tight in the vacforming process. It definitely won't effect you putting it on or it falling apart.

Oh right gotcha, excuse the noobish question still kind of new to this (I owned a set of armour ages ago but never really got into it but I’m tryi to get into it again). Thanks very much

10 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Just asked the seller and he said that the armour was from DA props, don't know if you're familiar with them?

maybe the TK sorts would know, Im not familiar with the maker.  

Good luck with it.  I never advise to buy built armor, you never now if it will fit right till you get it, unless the guy is the same size and buid you are.   

• Like 1
Just now, Blackwatch said:

maybe the TK sorts would know, Im not familiar with the maker.  

Good luck with it.  I never advise to buy built armor, you never now if it will fit right till you get it, unless the guy is the same size and buid you are.   

In the description he gives his frame and dimensions and he's roughly the same size/build as me by the sounds of it, but I completely agree but not much i can do about that now ;) well i guess we'll see when it comes and thanks for the luck :)

make sure you are wearing yoru under armor that you plan to wear with the armor, and not Tshirt/jeans.  I worked with a guy who was a real hardhead, and he refused to wear his under suit to build his Phase1 clone.  When we got done and he put the UnderArmor on, it didn't fit him right at all. 

• Haha 2
Just now, Blackwatch said:

make sure you are wearing yoru under armor that you plan to wear with the armor, and not Tshirt/jeans.  I worked with a guy who was a real hardhead, and he refused to wear his under suit to build his Phase1 clone.  When we got done and he put the UnderArmor on, it didn't fit him right at all. 

I thought that was common sense ;) Thanks though, might need to order a different one than the ones that he's shipping me as i think he's shipping me two sizes that are on either side of the one that I actually need but i guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow until i find out

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, The_Trash_Man said:

I thought that was common sense ;) Thanks though, might need to order a different one than the ones that he's shipping me as i think he's shipping me two sizes that are on either side of the one that I actually need but i guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow until i find out

Amazon also has some good cheaper stuff as well. I have the Tesla (no relation to car maker) brand and it is pretty good.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Amazon also has some good cheaper stuff as well. I have the Tesla (no relation to car maker) brand and it is pretty good.

You got a link nothing comes up when i search for it? Then again maybe i'm just going blind and it's sat right in front of me