New build

7 hours ago, Crucialkdk said:

Anybody got any out of the out-of-the-box idea for the side closure of the torso. I’m looking to keep it as flush as possible I understand the snap kit is an option

A2F790CA-08B5-4717-97AE-BBF588AF7ED8.jpeg

Snaps are probably going to keep it the closest lined up. I use Velcro/elastic on mine and it keeps it close but I also have it pretty tight.

7 hours ago, Crucialkdk said:

Just test fitting the thighs I’m holding the rest on to keep my dignity 

B637C8AA-3C55-4358-B2B5-5C9B5C5DA08C.jpeg

Very nice, now that we can see the helmet you are definitely doing the regular Shadow Stormtrooper version and not the Battlefront version. ?

Yup based on what I see this is the CRL to follow...no jet pack permitted here...thats only for the Battlefront vid game version...tho you do have a bit more variety in weapon options:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_stormtrooper

• Like 2

Ditto to what Icy said regarding the sides and getting them flush...but in truth the belt cinched up is what will ultimately hold it all together tight.

For Level 2...make sure you have the 3 fasteners on the left side.  They dont have to functional but I did use the split rivets there permanently attached so the ab and kidney formed a “clamshell”.  Then on the right side of the abdomen there should be 1 snap.  That was the only snap I used there and the belt did the rest of the holding.

I would give ya pics but I sold my Sandtrooper (once a TK) and sent it off just this past weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Crucialkdk said:

Where do I find a spec sheet for the hardware part of this build ie where the buttons go had what parts require split rivets 

Not sure what you mean specifically by “spec sheet” but you should be following the CRL requirements if your goal is 501st approval.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_stormtrooper

For the belt...when I built my TK i replaced the Anovos canvas with a belt by Rob Kittel.

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, Crucialkdk said:

Where do I find a spec sheet for the hardware part of this build ie where the buttons go had what parts require split rivets 

In addition to what @Raider said this thread has some good info too: 

If you have the belt pouches you'll have the holster, and you have the option to wear the pauldron or not.

If you wear the pouch on the left chest then you must wear the pauldron and must have drop boxes on the belt (no belt pouches).

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...