Tie Pilot helmet size info

While waiting for my DT armor and helmet to show up I printed a Tie pilot helmet .. Got her all done and glued up Just looks a bit Large . Looking over Pics on this board and others it look like this helmet is sorta bobble headish .  But how much is to much . Is there any dimensions out there from someone with a good fitting Proportionately with the armor Tie pilot helmet  that I could compare measurements with. I know body type etc. plays a bug part in proportions . I'm just looking for a basic guideline . ( did I print it way to big or is this the correct size)

Thanks Jerry 

it comes down to two kinds of pilots and the ATAT driver:

Regular Pilots *Im a TI and ATAT driver* which should be on the large side. It was made from a US Navy APH-6 size Large helmet, with a Stunt TK faceplate stuck into it. That gives us the size. 

for Del Meeko and the Inferno squad helmets, we just fiished up the CRL for that, and that helmet is small. Frankly, as small as the helmet should be, I bet I could not wear it. Ive worn a ton of different helmets from different makers, but since thenew  Del Meeko CRL requires that the helmet be made small on purpose, Im passing on the costume. 

Could you post up a picture of the helmet you printed?  with a tape measure going over the helmet? I had a helmet comparison topic posted in the JRS years ago, but photobucket ate a ton of my pics. 

here is Jez's site of the original helmets

Star Wars helmets . com

and the TIE and ATAT direct links. 

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

it comes down to two kinds of pilots and the ATAT driver:

Regular Pilots *Im a TI and ATAT driver* which should be on the large side. It was made from a US Navy APH-6 size Large helmet, with a Stunt TK faceplate stuck into it. That gives us the size. 

for Del Meeko and the Inferno squad helmets, we just fiished up the CRL for that, and that helmet is small. Frankly, as small as the helmet should be, I bet I could not wear it. Ive worn a ton of different helmets from different makers, but since thenew  Del Meeko CRL requires that the helmet be made small on purpose, Im passing on the costume. 

Could you post up a picture of the helmet you printed?  with a tape measure going over the helmet? I had a helmet comparison topic posted in the JRS years ago, but photobucket ate a ton of my pics. 

here is Jez's site of the original helmets

Star Wars helmets . com

and the TIE and ATAT direct links. 

Thank for the Reply Blackwatch. Take a look at the dims also does the geometry look correct ish 

TIE1.jpg

Tie 2.jpg

Tie3.jpg

It looks right for a Rogue 1 helmet, which is right for a Del Meeko at least at L1.  Ill let the real Del experts weigh in on whether it would fit an L2 requirement, but keep in mind that our new Del Meeko CRL has not been published yet and we are still working on the originally published CRL. 

You can tell its an R1 because of details like the recessed rectangle on the mohawk, and the recessed disc spots on the ears.  I cant see the original buckle mounts on the faceplate, but we know those are different from OT helmets. Overall it looks good to me, and make sure to log in over at the Inferno squadron topics if you are looking to go Del. 

Heres the Del helmet from the current CRL

KZlRBGJ.jpg

By comparison of size heres mine, its a Dan Laws, and its about the biggest out there.  These bigger helmets work better for bigger people, with broad shoulders. it pretty much stretches a Raider helmet bag and ive already broken one zipper trying to close it. 

rELXX2q.jpgKChmESb.jpg

B1qlnNn.jpgWBOi7cd.jpg

0S3n9ir.jpgZyPIeCW.jpg

• Thanks 1