Force Unleashed Jumptrooper CRL Discussion

9 hours ago, Fivezero said:

Sounds great, thanks guys! I’ll get the main post updated when I get home later today.

All clear on the shin armor and the boots? Just to make sure, if so I’ll get those finalized too. 

yea all clear for me.  at this point, its on you to just finish up your build...hopefully before this term expires...and blaster options

• Like 2

Alright, main post updated. So onto weapons. :)

The main weapon is the "Rail Detonator" in the game. The figure comes with an E-11, and has some artwork showing this as well. You can see the Rail Detonator on the cardback as well. So E-11 and Rail Detonator, that sound like a plan?

Unfortunately, I won't have my detonator done by the time I get the armor done. So should we just stick with the E-11 until I can get my rail detonator finished and add that later? Or do it all at once, even if we have to delay the CRL a bit?

skBGEjS.jpg

VVn8YYM.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fivezero said:

Alright, main post updated. So onto weapons. :)

The main weapon is the "Rail Detonator" in the game. The figure comes with an E-11, and has some artwork showing this as well. You can see the Rail Detonator on the cardback as well. So E-11 and Rail Detonator, that sound like a plan?

Unfortunately, I won't have my detonator done by the time I get the armor done. So should we just stick with the E-11 until I can get my rail detonator finished and add that later? Or do it all at once, even if we have to delay the CRL a bit?

skBGEjS.jpg

VVn8YYM.jpg

Sure.  rock e-11 w a not to add the second when ur rdy

• Like 2

So opening up this back up for discussion... Got a couple notes now that everything is just about assembled.

Abdomen Armor, specifically the black plate. So I'm proposing that we move the line below (in red) to L2. Basically, me being a tall guy, I'm going to have problems with the chest plate overlapping the small plate while the small plate overlaps the buttons. Personally, I think having the chest plate overlap the small plate is more important than having the button plate covered.

Abdomen Armor

• A smaller, angular plate is mounted on the top of the main abdomen plate.
    • The small plate is flat black in color and features 12 holes 1” (25mm) in diameter.
    • The plate partially obscures the top of the button areas, covering the top buttons. - move to L2
    • The chest armor partially overlaps this plate.

Where it sits while covering the buttons, note the distance between the plate and the top of the ab. All of my chest plates (even my Novas & EVO), barely overlap the ab plate. Just something to help us bigger troopers out. :teehee:

Uiezcwm.jpg

Where I'm thinking it should end up.

DtsOOQs.jpg

The other thing is on the boots. The "toe armor" should probably be renamed to something other than armor, just to leave it open ended. I tried making armor molded to the toe, but it looked off and I couldn't get a good result. I took some leftover vinyl from my pouches and they stretched and molded perfectly to the boot. That front patch is the big issue here.

Boots

• Three reinforcement patches (or something else if you guys have suggestions), white in color, are present on the toe of each boot. There is one larger piece at the front, with two smaller pieces at the sides.

HSr5Qkw.jpg

Let me know what you guys think on these two items!:duim:

• Like 1

I'm in agreement about the chest piece part down to L2, L1 should always be about inclusive and universal ability with sourcing parts, etc. L2 we can get a little more strict on.

The boot part as reinforcement patches or layered patching works for me. I'm eager to see the rest of the wording for the boots!

• Like 1

Alright, thanks guys!! Will get the changes made in a minute. Got the armor weathered and final detailing done on most of it, so I'll start taking CRL pics this week. :duim:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Based on our conversation @IcyTrooper, here is a quick edit of the ab plate allowing the separated cod.

• The cod plate must match reference photos.
    • The cod plate may be integrated with the abdomen armor or a separate piece. If separated any gap must be fully concealed by the belt.

How's that?

Just for context for anyone else wondering what started this, my cod plate is separated as it is unique, while the ab plate is existing TK-style. No reason to reinvent the wheel and sculpt/form more than I had to. Technically, the TFU troopers have a separated ab & cod since there's no geometry behind the belt (really this is to reduce polygon counts on the models), if we really needed to justify it.

yGFRQCi.png

• Like 1

I think that works out beautifully! I appreciate including the rationale for it and I agree with it. We'll keep that in our deck in case it is asked. Thanks for reworking the wording for it.

Alright so I have the first post with all the text updated to the format we used for Lt. Janek Sunber so that it flows into the CRL wiki when able. I also added the cod piece part into the abdomen armor section from the posts above.

The pictures have been edited and we'll need that separate ab plate pic if we can get it on the Google Drive folder. We'll also need to hash out a character description which goes below the context part of the CRL.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I’ll get the ab photo taken tonight and drop that in the folder. Got a few tweaks to make and then I can get the full shots taken!

I’ll also get that description written tonight too. :duim:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fivezero said:

Thanks! I’ll get the ab photo taken tonight and drop that in the folder. Got a few tweaks to make and then I can get the full shots taken!

I’ll also get that description written tonight too. :duim:

Awesome! Thank you!!

15 minutes ago, Fivezero said:

@IcyTrooper , uploaded the images to the folder. Look for "Ab New" and "Chest Hose." Let me know if those will work or if you need to retake them, thanks!

They look good to me!

• 1 year later...

Dusting this topic off real quick, wrote a quick description for the rail detonator. I kept it short like many of the other CRL weapon descriptions. Let me know if I should add more detail or reword anything.

Rail Detonator

• Built to match reference photos.
  • Main body is painted flat black with details painted silver
  • Optional: The front fins can be illuminated with red lights or painted to mimic lighting.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Fivezero real quick question, is that chest canister gray hose able to be detached to get a pic of it separate from the canister and the armor? That way we can get that hose separately on the CRL.

@IcyTrooper Yep I can do that, no problem! My hose is glued in to the chest plate, but I have some extra of that hose laying around, so I can cut a piece to length and paint it tonight. I’ll get a picture after the paint is dry.:duim:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Fivezero said:

@IcyTrooper Yep I can do that, no problem! My hose is glued in to the chest plate, but I have some extra of that hose laying around, so I can cut a piece to length and paint it tonight. I’ll get a picture after the paint is dry.:duim:

Perfect! I believe that is the last of everything that we need.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Fivezero if you get any free time do you think you could get some side angle shots of the jetpack on this one and put them in the drive? Trying to get all angles for the alternate views gallery on the CRL (this won't hold up the CRL though since we can always edit the gallery).

• Like 1