Army trooper chest pieces

Hello! I am putting together an imperial army trooper kit and have ordered a Walts trooper factory chest piece, back piece, and helmet and I was looking through the 501st page on the army trooper but I saw nothing about hard armour and in the pictures nobody had chest plates. is it against the rules to use chest protection for an army trooper kit?

The only hard part that the IAT has is the helmet which is optional under version 1 of the costume. I think you may be thinking of the AT-AT Commander with the Armored Cavalry Detachment (ACD)?

GMLs use the CRL for the costume (https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_imperial_army_trooper#Version One) completely when reviewing a costume for the garrison/outpost that you are going to be in. If you tried to wear the hard armor after the approval that'd be at the discretion of the garrison/outpost that you are in and their command.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

The only hard part that the IAT has is the helmet which is optional under version 1 of the costume. I think you may be thinking of the AT-AT Commander with the Armored Cavalry Detachment (ACD)?

GMLs use the CRL for the costume (https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_imperial_army_trooper#Version One) completely when reviewing a costume for the garrison/outpost that you are going to be in. If you tried to wear the hard armor after the approval that'd be at the discretion of the garrison/outpost that you are in and their command.

Yeah it’s possible I am thinking of an ATST commanded. Thanks for the pointers

• Like 1

Lets say you can make a Army Trooper kit as shown in the CRL without a chest armor and let yourself approve, and you can procure yourself a chest armor as a personal addition later, i also plan to get myself a chest plate if i get approved and wear the piece if allowed or if im somewhere around in the costume privately.

Im kinda the chest armor guy i have seven military body armors at home... ?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Melnik said:

Lets say you can make a Army Trooper kit as shown in the CRL without a chest armor and let yourself approve, and you can procure yourself a chest armor as a personal addition later, i also plan to get myself a chest plate if i get approved and wear the piece if allowed or if im somewhere around in the costume privately.

Hey I also have ballistic vests! I love military equipment my personal favorite vest is the Interceptor body armor vest. And thank you for the tips I will do this. 

The CRL is based on the official sources, but there is another topic which has been archived which shows an inaccurate, incorrect trooper that used chest armor.  There is a single, perhaps two images of Imperial Solders ( IS classification) like the ATST drivers with grey hemlets and grey armor, this came from a single pane from the West End Games source guides.  But it does not give us the required 360 degree views.    

(that said) once your set up is approved, the setup is cleared for use in official Legion events.  If you were to add a part here or there for non -official events, just make sure those photos dont make it to the Garrison website.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

The CRL is based on the official sources, but there is another topic which has been archived which shows an inaccurate, incorrect trooper that used chest armor.  There is a single, perhaps two images of Imperial Solders ( IS classification) like the ATST drivers with grey hemlets and grey armor, this came from a single pane from the West End Games source guides.  But it does not give us the required 360 degree views.    

(that said) once your set up is approved, the setup is cleared for use in official Legion events.  If you were to add a part here or there for non -official events, just make sure those photos dont make it to the Garrison website.  

Well that’s good news I would still be able to use chest pieces. Thanks for the help boss 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:35 AM, Melnik said:

Ultimately you would need to clear any non-CRL parts use with your GML and CO for use at events.  Definitely not for use at an LFL sanctioned event and in using the parts not something we at the Detachment would post on our social media.  Just check with your garrison leads first.

• Thanks 1
On 2/5/2021 at 4:31 PM, That one guy said:

Hello! I am putting together an imperial army trooper kit and have ordered a Walts trooper factory chest piece, back piece, and helmet and I was looking through the 501st page on the army trooper but I saw nothing about hard armour and in the pictures nobody had chest plates. is it against the rules to use chest protection for an army trooper kit?

The short answer is “yes” using the chest armor is NOT approveable under the CRL.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Ultimately you would need to clear any non-CRL parts use with your GML and CO for use at events.  Definitely not for use at an LFL sanctioned event and in using the parts not something we at the Detachment would post on our social media.  Just check with your garrison leads first.

What i wanted to say is that i would only use non CRL parts for private actions, private photos, not connected to 501st events or matters. Its just, some part i want to own.

• Like 1