Shoulder bells and belt for army troopers?

Hi everyone. I a fairly new to this whole imperial costuming thing and I am putting together an imperial army trooper kit but the details on how they are supposed to look has been pretty inconsistent. I have been able to figure out mostly how they are supposed to look but I still can’t seem to find if they need shoulder bells or not as well as what kind of belt they need. Currently I am leaning ALICE pistol belt and no shoulder bells but if any of you know the correct way to do this please let me know. Thanks,

Hey friend! Good seeing you here. I am the one who sent you here from FISD! Hahaha.

Like I said - I wonder if what you are actually looking for, is what the 501st called the "Mudtrooper"? I am guessing since you are asking about the hard armors.

This is a Mudtrooper

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_-_Mudtrooper

Tx_mud_full_front_back_nomask.jpg

And this is an "Army Trooper"

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_imperial_army_trooper

Tx_IAT_frontback.jpg

IF you are looking for the Mudtrooper, here's where you should go on this forum!

https://forum.specops501st.com/forum/151-mudtroopers/

Check out other folks' build there, and heck, maybe get a build thread going there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hoda said:

Hey friend! Good seeing you here. I am the one who sent you here from FISD! Hahaha.

Like I said - I wonder if what you are actually looking for, is what the 501st called the "Mudtrooper"? I am guessing since you are asking about the hard armors.

This is a Mudtrooper

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_-_Mudtrooper

Tx_mud_full_front_back_nomask.jpg

And this is an "Army Trooper"

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_imperial_army_trooper

Tx_IAT_frontback.jpg

IF you are looking for the Mudtrooper, here's where you should go on this forum!

https://forum.specops501st.com/forum/151-mudtroopers/

Check out other folks' build there, and heck, maybe get a build thread going there!

The mud trooper does look fairly similar to what I was going for but I have seen army trooper with armor plates on the chest and back I am not sure if this is canon or not however. Is it possible that a intermediate-ly armored trooper exists? I am going for something similar to in my profile picture 

like this but olive drab and maybe without shoulder bells. Like I said however my knowledge is limited and I might be trying to make something that doesn’t exist.

F6C15359-5DCA-4E54-B050-0EBA9E95E4F7.jpeg

4 hours ago, That one guy said:

The mud trooper does look fairly similar to what I was going for but I have seen army trooper with armor plates on the chest and back I am not sure if this is canon or not however. Is it possible that a intermediate-ly armored trooper exists? I am going for something similar to in my profile picture 

like this but olive drab and maybe without shoulder bells. Like I said however my knowledge is limited and I might be trying to make something that doesn’t exist.

F6C15359-5DCA-4E54-B050-0EBA9E95E4F7.jpeg

That is interesting! Is this an action figure?

Not sure what the picture above is from.  More info on that would be good

But the closest I have seen are these which is at this point a stalled CRL due to limited references:

• Like 1

Ha! That is a cool character! i'd love to know the source as well. I do not believe this trooper exist in the legion currently.

This looks to me to be a combination of the AT-AT Commander (helmet, chest armor, belt), Stormtrooper (shoulder bell, bicep), possibly Mudtrooper (undersuit), with pouches and belt boxes tossed in for good measure?

17 minutes ago, Hoda said:

Ha! That is a cool character! i'd love to know the source as well. I do not believe this trooper exist in the legion currently.

This looks to me to be a combination of the AT-AT Commander (helmet, chest armor, belt), Stormtrooper (shoulder bell, bicep), possibly Mudtrooper (undersuit), with pouches and belt boxes tossed in for good measure?

It would be cool to add this to the 501st if we could confirm it was an actual canon unit

8 minutes ago, Hoda said:

Mystery solved! I think these are character mods for Battlefront? Looks to be user-generated.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1849252168

Ah ok. I guess it’s not canon then

59 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Not sure what the picture above is from.  More info on that would be good

But the closest I have seen are these which is at this point a stalled CRL due to limited references:

If more reference photos for the previous photo I posted would be helpful I think I have some sadly most of them are fan art. I think you might be onto something with the fantasy flight thing 

D97EC159-BAB8-4E9D-B100-627611E99DAC.png

2F41A20D-FF77-445B-ACE9-549C99E6F4E8.jpeg

8A88EC1E-1495-41B9-AFFC-79D1E288DE46.jpeg

074F53F0-5128-45EA-AF1A-A52A7E5C295C.jpeg

1 hour ago, That one guy said:

It would be cool to add this to the 501st if we could confirm it was an actual canon unit

Ah ok. I guess it’s not canon then

Yeah, unfortunately if it is a fan mod for a game it wouldn't be able to get clearance.

3 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Yeah, unfortunately if it is a fan mod for a game it wouldn't be able to get clearance.

Oh well. There is an imperial army officer modification that is pretty similar to this. I guess I could go with that or try to find reference photos for this that are actually official

yeah, if it is a customizable character, it cannot be used.  If it is a NPC, you MIGHT--and I say MIGHT-- get it past the LMO for Legion use. I just spent a ton of money, time and effort on a Rebel costume that I officially NOPED out of yesterday.  The character was a background NPC, it was very fuzzy and in shadow.  We had the whole CRL written, I had over a hudred photos taken of the costume, ready to submit to the CRL with all the sources, and somene found the character mesh.   I was done at that point , since it would be a complete rewrite, complete rebuild, and was going to cost me a lot of money.  So I backed out of it.    

Unless you can find good clear images, and use meshes and character renders just like we did with the recent Del Meeko crl upgrade,  we have to work with the official LFL sources.  But if you want to build it for yourself, absolutely! I have my own Officer , which cannot be cleared, but its still a great build and looks good. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

yeah, if it is a customizable character, it cannot be used.  If it is a NPC, you MIGHT--and I say MIGHT-- get it past the LMO for Legion use. I just spent a ton of money, time and effort on a Rebel costume that I officially NOPED out of yesterday.  The character was a background NPC, it was very fuzzy and in shadow.  We had the whole CRL written, I had over a hudred photos taken of the costume, ready to submit to the CRL with all the sources, and somene found the character mesh.   I was done at that point , since it would be a complete rewrite, complete rebuild, and was going to cost me a lot of money.  So I backed out of it.    

Unless you can find good clear images, and use meshes and character renders just like we did with the recent Del Meeko crl upgrade,  we have to work with the official LFL sources.  But if you want to build it for yourself, absolutely! I have my own Officer , which cannot be cleared, but its still a great build and looks good. 

That is a serious bummer your rebel CRL got denied I’m really sorry about that. I might actually have a picture of a npc that looks similar to this from some PS1 game. https://awakening-of-the-rebellion.fandom.com/wiki/Army_Trooper_Platoon I’m feeling hopeful about this one. I just need to confirm that awakening of the rebellion has a license with lucasfilm or Disney 

Unfortunately Awakening of the Rebellion is a fan-made mod for Empire at War (mid-2000's PC game). So sadly can't use that as a reference. But like @Blackwatch mentioned, don't let a lack of references/Legion eligibility stop you. Make what you want, maybe try to find an existing Legion costume that you can use as a base for membership and wear that for the official events. Then stick on the extras at the more open troops. :duim:

• Like 2