RAIDER S.C.A.R. Squadron Cav WIP

3 hours ago, RAIDER said:

@stevechewbacca here is a look inside the bell mod.  definitely not as clean as i would like even though its mostly unseen.  i filled the gap between the old printed inner bell and outer bell but ideally that thick section isnt there.  you can see the standard tk bell is considerably lower…i also trimmed some of the bottom and sides of it off so it didnt creep out from the outer bell

hw3MvHd.jpg

Very nice !

I'll use this pic to make you another version but it has too wait till i get the internet in my new home. I'll let you know ;)

First fit…2 mile plus parade and I survived.

xJwksqS.jpg

Need to fix…

-A couple minor strap adjustments, particularly the left bell (go figure), right bicep, left thigh, and crotch

-A couple trim spots where I was getting bruised pretty bad (probably after we work the CRL…left forearm, both biceps…maybe trim back of thighs at top a bit more

-Little bit more padding in forearms

-Some paint touchups…oops lol

-Add some soft liner (probably just soft side velcro) to the interior of the chest so it doesnt scrape black off

I still need to…

-Add black stripes to helmet traps

-Slash weathering (which scares me)

-Re-finish current left bell

I do think it’s possible to CRL this once I finish the last couple things…and then I can just update the left bell later w version 1.3

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Left shoulder bell is tweaked and painted (no pic).

With holidays passed, I just need to do helmet stripes, slashes, and adjust crotch strap and first iteration of the build should be done.

• Like 2

Started slash weathering.  Have only the back pieces, thighs, and helmet (scary) left to do.  Practiced on scraps. First tried a heated foam cutting tool.  Wasn’t looking right so switched to a dremel w/ cutting wheel.  Lesson learned…do this BEFORE painting.  Here are some samples:

RLm5pyO.jpg

2PmJzzG.jpg

jN1nEaT.jpg

Helmet stripes.  Traps are hand painted. Tried to do the same w the lines and as expected FAILED! ?. Wife came through in the clutch though and cut me out some decal stripes on her Cameo.

XT43Gei.jpg

t8qiGK9.jpg

Crotch strap also corrected for comfort ?

My goal is to have this all done tomorrow and get pictures this week. Trying to push it before elections.

• Like 1

Got brave and went ahead and did the helmet. Tried to emulate not only the big X but any other slashes I could see in panels.  Backside didnt really have any good views so I just customed that up a bit.

HM1jOHW.jpg

VdHCG3x.jpg

UK95JH5.jpg

• Like 2

(Re)painting is once again an issue BUT I have just 2 pieces to finish (chest and ab) and the build will be complete!

• Like 2