TheFireAwakens1807's Deathtrooper WIP

On 12/15/2021 at 4:26 AM, Lt. Dan said:

Hey Andres, did Jim's undersuit come with single stitched ribs? Could you post a pic of the undersuit? Other than that nice to see things going on?

Here @Lt. Dan i took a couple pics. Tried my best to show the stitching. Sorry it took me so long. 

https://imgur.com/a/wSuDrCH

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I got a partial delivery on my order from A&J Projects. It took some time but I am glad some came in. 

https://imgur.com/a/6P1lqu1

I got their Pauldron, Holster, 6 H&K magazines, and one leather pouch for the belt. They also put in 3 grenades by accident but they gave it to me as a gift.  

As far as my armor goes, I have decided to put up the armor for sale as the shimming of the fiberglass armor is too time consuming and way outside my noobish expertise. Certain piecesdo not fit my body and to shim them to my size would be a difficult task for me. Therefore, I will be moving forward with remeasuring myself with the undersuit and getting armor thru Jim Tripon. Hes willing to make pieces custom sizes if need be. 

1 hour ago, TheFireAwakens1807 said:

As far as my armor goes, I have decided to put up the armor for sale as the shimming of the fiberglass armor is too time consuming and way outside my noobish expertise. Therefore, I will be moving forward with remeasuring myself with the undersuit and getting armor thru Jim Tripon. 

Don´t get me wrong Andres, but Jim's armor is also fiberglass. Or will you get a "ready to wear" kit from him?

1 hour ago, Lt. Dan said:

Don´t get me wrong Andres, but Jim's armor is also fiberglass. Or will you get a "ready to wear" kit from him?

His is a fiberglass resin.  So lighter and more flexible. But I failed to mention before for the shimming of my current armor is how I needed to shim some pieces for my body is near impossible for me, where as Jim says he can make pieces for me custom to my proportions. Like for my calves and forearms which the PAD pieces do not fit properly.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Made some minor adjustments to the thr DLT-19. I used two aluminum pipes (i forgot the dimensions) to run thru the barrel and give it some stability as the front part of it was sagging from the middle. Now it just needs to he painted black and also drill in some holes for some anchor points.

https://imgur.com/a/4f1a5j4

• Like 1

Mines half fiberglass cast off of a MG34 (Receiver , flashhider, spade ring mount, bipod mount etc) but my barrel is 38MM aluminum thick wall tubing drilled with 12.7 holes. It feels different than a HF or printed rifle.  How far back into the receiver does your dowel go? 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Mines half fiberglass cast off of a MG34 (Receiver , flashhider, spade ring mount, bipod mount etc) but my barrel is 38MM aluminum thick wall tubing drilled with 12.7 holes. It feels different than a HF or printed rifle.  How far back into the receiver does your dowel go? 

It stops at that line that seperates the reciever and the butt stock.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 9:34 AM, TheFireAwakens1807 said:

https://imgur.com/a/jJDnwZJ

Just got this in not too long ago.

Came in super quick! 

Cant get started on it just yet as my place is being worked on at the moment so I have no space. 

I will be looking thru @lancer deathtrooper build as he also had a Tripon kit.

Thoughts?

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!

6 hours ago, lancer said:

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!

Omg, i apppreciate that! 

I am actually looking for a place or recommendations on strapping for the death trooper armor. I want to start on rigging either a harness or whatever is comfortable for me before I seal the inside the armor with plastidip.

So any recommendations would be appreciated from you or anyone for that matter. 

I contacted Ukswrath but unfortunately his Deathtrooper harness is temporarily unavailable so he recommended me to Geeky Pink. Still waiting on a reply tho.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently sanding and will soon be priming my armor. So far I've followed what lancer used on his armor which is a 150 grit then a 400 grit in preparation for the priming. 

And on June 7th, the local Squad Leader is helping me out and we are using a paint booth to get the gloss black on the armor.

I also wanted to see, if anyone had recommendations on spray paint for the flat black and weathered silver. I currently have used these two spray paints

https://imgur.com/a/zexsidU

https://imgur.com/a/u030WYn

for my SE-14R but could they be good enough paint for the armor as well?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, therealtotty said:

Personally, I don't like 'paint and primer in one.' It takes more time to prime, sand, paint, and coat, but I think it's a better result.

Best of luck! I remember when I was at that step and it was so exciting and nerve-racking.

-Michael

It doesnt have to be those specifically since I used them for the SE-14R, but I am looking to see what other people used.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use the hammered silver, I used Testors model paint (I think it was aluminum) and just used a thinned out black to "black wash" the weathered silver look. Also, I hand painted the flat black in my grooves and other flat black details. I hate having to mask off all that and run the chance of over spray or painters tape messing up my gloss black.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...