Blackskull's Work in progress for IAT and LT Sunber

Currently I have picked up the boots from Shoe Sensation, straps for the H harness from Strap works and Army/Navy store, My OD officers hat form galactic costumes, Papastevesie is making my communicator, binocs, pistol, and a helmet. Baileybuildsdesigns is sending my rank and holster. I got my coveralls from comolots. I am still in the gathering phase and painting phase. I do have my belt and some pouches, got work on my gloves. 

• Like 2

Nice. Sarah made a version of the badge for me for Sunber specifically. Make sure you ask her for that one if possible! It looks a bit different than the standard rank bar (no line in the middle, a slight rounded corner that's not super excessive like the animated ones).

Should also be careful you match the color of your hat w/ the coveralls, as much as possible, anyway!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Hoda said:

Nice. Sarah made a version of the badge for me for Sunber specifically. Make sure you ask her for that one if possible! It looks a bit different than the standard rank bar (no line in the middle, a slight rounded corner that's not super excessive like the animated ones).

Should also be careful you match the color of your hat w/ the coveralls, as much as possible, anyway!

Sarah?

Hat- Still waiting the arrival of the hat

Flight Suit- I have started to prepare it for approval

Patches- being mail to me

Rank Bar- I didn't let Sarah know I needed the round edge one so have re-ordered correct rank bar

Gloves- Still looking over all my gloves to find one that works

Web Harness- Picked up straps at Army Surplus store, got webbing in today, just got sew the connection

Comlink- being ready to ship to me, I had got the wrong one 

Belt- I have one but need the 2 pong one, looking over Army gear

Pouches- Have some, but still need a few more

Boots- Waiting on  OD Montana Gold to come in this month

Binocs- having it made  now to ship to me

Holster- Waiting on it to be mailed

Blaster- having it made to be ship to me.

Did I miss anything?   

• Like 1

Beau if you can go ahead and start to post photos of what you have in the topic so all eyes can be on it.  I know the things you have shown me on PM, but it also helps to see it all here.  You can use Imgur or other hosting program, and use the Other media link at the bottom of this window to host the photos. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Beau Thacker said:

Hat- Still waiting the arrival of the hat

Flight Suit- I have started to prepare it for approval

Patches- being mail to me

Rank Bar- I didn't let Sarah know I needed the round edge one so have re-ordered correct rank bar

Gloves- Still looking over all my gloves to find one that works

Web Harness- Picked up straps at Army Surplus store, got webbing in today, just got sew the connection

Comlink- being ready to ship to me, I had got the wrong one 

Belt- I have one but need the 2 pong one, looking over Army gear

Pouches- Have some, but still need a few more

Boots- Waiting on  OD Montana Gold to come in this month

Binocs- having it made  now to ship to me

Holster- Waiting on it to be mailed

Blaster- having it made to be ship to me.

Did I miss anything?   

update July 4th 2021

Hat- 20 days and counting shipped from Canada

Flight suit- Got to wash and re check it, 90% ready

Patches- got them to sew on 

Rank Bar- still waiting on

Gloves- finally found some, being shipped then will paint

Web Harness- being out together to fit correctly

Com link- nailed it got it ready

Belt- found company that has the one needed

Pouches- working on, got to do a little prep on them

Boots- nailed it painted and ready

Binocs- being shipped Tuesday

Holster- still waiting on

Blaster- being worked

Helmet- having one made for me to also do IAT its being worked on

• Like 1

Beau I am glad I got a chance to sit down with you after the party on Saturday and go through your gear with you.   The suit will work, it needs the mods we discussed plus the pocket that I pulled off, just add the snap on the collar.  Im going to get the webbing and Ill paint and roughly set up your harness but you will need to final sew it so it is sure to fit you properly.  You have the boots, thats the hard part, the rest can all be painted to match (besides the fligtsuit, thats fine).

• Thanks 2
On 7/5/2021 at 8:04 AM, Blackwatch said:

Beau I am glad I got a chance to sit down with you after the party on Saturday and go through your gear with you.   The suit will work, it needs the mods we discussed plus the pocket that I pulled off, just add the snap on the collar.  Im going to get the webbing and Ill paint and roughly set up your harness but you will need to final sew it so it is sure to fit you properly.  You have the boots, thats the hard part, the rest can all be painted to match (besides the fligtsuit, thats fine).

I was also, wished I had not been so tired and all.  Can't wait to get official.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:53 PM, Beau Thacker said:

update July 4th 2021

Hat- 20 days and counting shipped from Canada

Flight suit- Got to wash and re check it, 90% ready

Patches- got them to sew on 

Rank Bar- still waiting on

Gloves- finally found some, being shipped then will paint

Web Harness- being out together to fit correctly

Com link- nailed it got it ready

Belt- found company that has the one needed

Pouches- working on, got to do a little prep on them

Boots- nailed it painted and ready

Binocs- being shipped Tuesday

Holster- still waiting on

Blaster- being worked

Helmet- having one made for me to also do IAT its being worked on

HAT- came in but without a disc, so having it made right now

Flight Suit- got sew patches 

Patches- done

Rank Bar- came in, but Sarah is making me the correct one and will ship ASAP

Gloves- waiting on them to come in and will need to paint

Web Harness- being worked on

Com link- done

Belt- Having trouble with the site

Pouches- on order found the exact ones needed

Boots- done

Binocs- on the way

Holster- got paint it tomorrow

Blaster- being made

Helmet- being made

7 minutes ago, Hoda said:

Omgsh you guys met up in person!! Can't wait to see the finished product

Yes it was only a 5 hour drive for me, lol... have a blast with about 10 Tie Pilots

• Like 1

Eric ya I had a fourth of july party / bbq / going away party/ ships official annual party/ Fleet event at my house, and we all got to hang out for the first time in EVER, and I was able to sit down with Beau and get a bit of work done on his suit. His suit is a Danish spec forces suit (Fitting) and it looks great, the color and texture are awesome. 

• Like 2

I am for sure working on it. I have had a trail and errors time, plus finding items needed was rough for some. I will for sure know more on how to go about things, after this one. 

Waiting on a few things to come in the mail. 

Thank you all for the advice and help I have been receiving. 

Beau i sent your harness parts out in the mail yesterday, so you will have them soon.  You just need to mount them to the belt, try everything on and keep the webbing as flat to your shoulders as you can make it, putting that horizontal strap under the webbing right across your shoulderblades. 

Final image should look like this

spacer.png

On 7/10/2021 at 10:29 PM, Beau Thacker said:

HAT- came in but without a disc, so having it made right now

Patches- done

Rank Bar- came in, but Sarah is making me the correct one and will ship ASAP

Gloves- waiting on them to come in and will need to paint

Web Harness- being worked on

Com link- done

Belt- Having trouble with the site

Pouches- on order found the exact ones needed

Boots- done

Binocs- on the way

Holster- got paint it tomorrow

Blaster- being made

Helmet- being made

Yes it was only a 5 hour drive for me, lol... have a blast with about 10 Tie Pilots

UPDATE  07 26 2021

HAT- done

Patches- got for sewing

Rank Bar- done

Gloves- 90% done ran out of paint LOL be  done by Aug 3rd

Web Harness- 80% done just waiting on pouches to correctly position and sew cross strap

Com link- done

Belt- done

Pouches- over do, sent message to get status

Boots- done

Binocs- done

Holster- was wrong one, found the person that does correct should have Aug 5 time frame

Blaster- done being shipped have by Wednesday

Helmet- being made for other costume IAT

Goal - to be official by August 15th 2021 for Geekdcon in Shreveport, Louisiana

• 3 weeks later...

My August 15th update.

Currently Condor Pouches is back logged, which I did not know till  after 20 days of ordering. I contacted both the company I ordered from and Condor directly. So my Lieut Sunber uniform is on hold till then. Expected delivery sometime late this month or next month. 

So I decided to do a regular Imperial Army trooper, to which, I just got sew my patches, on and sew my back strap for my harness. I mange to round up some pouches for this uniform.  My Seamstress has been out of town, so hoping this week, to at least become official.

I will give a complete run down on my uniform and where I got my gear from, to be able to help anyway wanting to do the uniform. I had a lot of trail and error but finally after learning the ropes from Hondo and Black Watch , think I'm on my way. So thank you very guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...

After all this time, I'm just waiting on my official word for anything I might have to change, and My LT Sunber will finally be official.  Should also have both version 1 and 2 of regular Army Trooper this next month completed also. Thank you Hoda and Blackwatch for all the help this past year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beau I just heard from our GML.  ( I took Beau's approval photos and submitted them to our GML yesterday)

You have good news coming! 

and a shoutout to @Hoda for spearheading this, making it happen, and giving us a great, little-seen character that shows the true backbone of the Empire. 

• Like 2