Cummerbund and Soft Parts Source

I need some guidance...  My Shadow Scout has caught the attention of my 15 year old daughter who would like to troop with us from time to time, but my cummerbund is too long for her.  I had my soft parts made years ago by an incredibly gifted vendor in South America several years ago, but as far as I can tell, he's no longer doing work.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a vendor who can assist me?

1 hour ago, Luthien said:

I need some guidance...  My Shadow Scout has caught the attention of my 15 year old daughter who would like to troop with us from time to time, but my cummerbund is too long for her.  I had my soft parts made years ago by an incredibly gifted vendor in South America several years ago, but as far as I can tell, he's no longer doing work.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a vendor who can assist me?

Here are a few u can find on FB…Chefs Creations, Steph Mortimer, Far Away Creations I believe…to name a few

6 hours ago, Luthien said:

Thanks so much!  I found the fella from South America that I used, and it looks like he was booted from our forums for delivery issues.

Yes thats why I didnt list him…but might have gotten it together n could be a worth a shot.

The bund itself is really simple, even for beginners. Its just a tube, and going by what you have already you can sew your own out of black fabric.  ive made a few, and Im more round than straight,  so it was more of a challenge.  But essentially its a long rectangle with velcro on the ends, sized properly to fit between the belt and the chest armor, and the stitching in the middle.   As far as projects go, this one is on the very easy to sew end. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 1:41 PM, RAIDER said:

@Luthien what are of florida are you in btw?  trying to round up our shadow scouts in central fl cuz we have quite a few now

We're in Winter Park...   Once this crazy pandemic settles down a bit, we'll be happy to get out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Luthien,
Recently I've received a few requests for scout cummerbunds, but unfortunately my industrial sewing equipment is in storage while I wait for my new house to be finished. I'm not sure what your timeframe looks like, but if you haven't found anything by late October, hit me up. If you're curious, you can see my Mando cummerbunds on my Outer Rim Formal Wear Facebook page.
I'd love to help if you're still looking then.

• Like 1
On 9/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, BigJasoni said:

Luthien,
Recently I've received a few requests for scout cummerbunds, but unfortunately my industrial sewing equipment is in storage while I wait for my new house to be finished. I'm not sure what your timeframe looks like, but if you haven't found anything by late October, hit me up. If you're curious, you can see my Mando cummerbunds on my Outer Rim Formal Wear Facebook page.
I'd love to help if you're still looking then.

Much appreciated!   I'll reach out if it looks like I'll need you.   My daughter is going through a growth spurt and by October, may fit into mine, lol!  If not, I'll be looking for help.

2 hours ago, Luthien said:

My daughter is going through a growth spurt and by October, may fit into mine, lol!  If not, I'll be looking for help.

Lol. I understand completely. My son has asked me for a costume and I don't dare make it his size. He's 13 years old and almost 6' tall. God knows he'll probably be 6'5" next year.