Finalizing CRL Proposal - Imperial Flametrooper: Jedi Fallen Order

10 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Thanks for grabbing those screenshots! It is really hard to say if they truly are shade of brown or a gray with brown weathering.

@nanotek @RAIDER @Blackwatch @Chaos @rickyboyblue and any other team or members want to chime in on this?

I haven't had a chance to really look thru the whole thread, but something to think about when it come to the gloves. The stitching pattern and construction of the gloves actually resembles Nomex Flyer's Gloves. Are we sure they weren't intended to be Sage Green Nomex gloves? I'll give this a better look when I get back to the US next week.

image.png.877b08add22ea42cb56ec79d17fb3a01.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263896280045?mkevt=1&siteid=1&mkcid=2&mkrid=711-153320-877651-5&source_name=google&mktype=pla_ssc&campaignid=10460522637&groupid=106739056274&targeted=pla-293946777986&MT_ID=&adpos=&device=m&googleloc=9076963&itemid=263896280045&merchantid=116792603&geo_id=210&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76p7G-1OI5jBFs68tBw7F7RFaj58110Vo1SdxI3XgBuQ59r51rYPY9KBoCRhAQAvD_BwE

• Thanks 1

And by the way, when the Nomex on the back of the gloves gets worn the texture very much resembles the texture in the screen shots. I don't think the back sides are a suede or rough leather. I honestly think the creators were going for the Flyer's glove look as they are flame/flash fire resistant.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, RAIDER said:

Gloves right?  Some of the photos look straight brown/tan…the first couple especially…others not as much

Yeah it was the gloves that we were stuck on. It was hard to tell if they were just getting that worn from the environment and such or if they were textured that way in the game.

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

I haven't had a chance to really look thru the whole thread, but something to think about when it come to the gloves. The stitching pattern and construction of the gloves actually resembles Nomex Flyer's Gloves. Are we sure they weren't intended to be Sage Green Nomex gloves? I'll give this a better look when I get back to the US next week.

image.png.877b08add22ea42cb56ec79d17fb3a01.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263896280045?mkevt=1&siteid=1&mkcid=2&mkrid=711-153320-877651-5&source_name=google&mktype=pla_ssc&campaignid=10460522637&groupid=106739056274&targeted=pla-293946777986&MT_ID=&adpos=&device=m&googleloc=9076963&itemid=263896280045&merchantid=116792603&geo_id=210&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76p7G-1OI5jBFs68tBw7F7RFaj58110Vo1SdxI3XgBuQ59r51rYPY9KBoCRhAQAvD_BwE

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

And by the way, when the Nomex on the back of the gloves gets worn the texture very much resembles the texture in the screen shots. I don't think the back sides are a suede or rough leather. I honestly think the creators were going for the Flyer's glove look as they are flame/flash fire resistant.

The more I look at that I do see that being a better example. I have a Nomex-esque gloves I use for my stormtrooper costumes and very closely resemble these. I'm seeing a gray color with these with brown weathering, as opposed to a tan/brown color.

8 hours ago, stevechewbacca said:

What you say is very interesting, so the shape of the back is caused by the forearm armor. That makes sense in a way.

That could explain the bending look around it!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Yeah it was the gloves that we were stuck on. It was hard to tell if they were just getting that worn from the environment and such or if they were textured that way in the game.

The more I look at that I do see that being a better example. I have a Nomex-esque gloves I use for my stormtrooper costumes and very closely resemble these. I'm seeing a gray color with these with brown weathering, as opposed to a tan/brown color.

That could explain the bending look around it!

Since the character is computer graphics generated, the color of the "real world inspirational item" can be manipulated. The palm leather is gray and the nomex backing is a Sage Green which if sprayed with white/gray fabric paint could closely resemble the screen grab. I doubt you will ever find an exact commercially produced glove, someone like Gio, IB, or Endor would have to specially make them.

• Thanks 1
On 12/10/2021 at 7:24 AM, Chaos said:

Since the character is computer graphics generated, the color of the "real world inspirational item" can be manipulated. The palm leather is gray and the nomex backing is a Sage Green which if sprayed with white/gray fabric paint could closely resemble the screen grab. I doubt you will ever find an exact commercially produced glove, someone like Gio, IB, or Endor would have to specially make them.

So for purposes of the CRL we should use a similar statement like we do for the stormtrooper gloves, per say, and state that the palm is gray and the rest of the backing is gray/dark gray? That's mostly what we are looking for, and the fact that it may be weathered. I think that'll give it the "in-game" look?

2 hours ago, stevechewbacca said:

Sorry for my misunderstanding but what is the backing of a glove ? 

The forearm part should be gray i think. And the hand darker. 

The backing is the part that we were talking about had the brown in it. The cuff would be the part up by the forearm. I believe by looking at the reference image that the palm and underside of hand would be the same gray as the cuff. The top side of the hand would be the darker as you suggest. I'll see what I can do with the text to update it. 

• Like 1

New text for the Gloves for review, text in purple is what was changed:

Gloves

• Gloves are Nomex or Nomex-like styled with light gray palms and darker gray top of the hand. Each glove includes a 4” to 6” (101.6-152.4mm) cuff that is the same light gray as the palms.
    • The cuff goes around the forearm armor not underneath it.
  • No visible logos or brand names are visible.
  • The left glove cuff has a small compad attached.
    • Compad is approximately a 1.5" x 1.5" (38mm x 38mm) square.
    • The compad has a circular center section, about 3/4" (19mm) high, and topped with a small silver disk, slightly smaller than the center section in diameter.
    • There are seven oblong raised details on the side of the compad that face towards the thumb of the left glove.
  • Like 1

I can see it being sage green (typical army pickle suit green gloves, not the modern tan) and heavily weathered with either sand or taupe. I use taupe a lot while weathering. I make my own with acrylics, oyster grey and a drop or two of tan. The texture looks like well worn nomex so Im totally on board with that.  I dont think this glove will look right if it starts off as the tan nomex glove, it will get too dark too fast. That said, the weathering over a sage green glove will have to be so even that it alters the color of the green. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I can see it being sage green (typical army pickle suit green gloves, not the modern tan) and heavily weathered with either sand or taupe. I use taupe a lot while weathering. I make my own with acrylics, oyster grey and a drop or two of tan. The texture looks like well worn nomex so Im totally on board with that.  I dont think this glove will look right if it starts off as the tan nomex glove, it will get too dark too fast. That said, the weathering over a sage green glove will have to be so even that it alters the color of the green. 

Thanks for the additional! So are we wanting to keep the color as I put in the last block of text (with the purple) as the basis for the color schema? It'll be then be up to the user, as normal, on how they achieve the correct color? I do want to put a statement in the starting block text near the top of the CRL about allowing for light to moderate weathering rather than having it in each piece.

20 minutes ago, stevechewbacca said:

Yep i think it should be good as you suggest. :)

So, it is time to find some good grey nomex gloves then ?

https://www.amazon.com/Revco-Resistant-Elkskin-Welding-Gloves/dp/B002N2QO58/ref=sr_1_55?keywords=gray+nomex+gloves&qid=1639432635&sr=8-55 I know these aren't proper but welding style may be better for the searches

• Like 1

I did a little extra editing for this since something hit my mind about the possibility of decorative stitching, so I added more for the Gloves in purple:

Gloves

• Gloves are Nomex or Nomex-like styled with light gray palms and darker gray top of the hand. Each glove includes a 4” to 6” (101.6-152.4mm) cuff that is the same light gray as the palms.
    • The cuff goes around the forearm armor not underneath it.
  • No visible logos or brand names are visible.
  • The gloves do not have any straps, buckles, snaps, extra decoration or decorative stitching.
  • The left glove cuff has a small compad attached.
    • Compad is approximately a 1.5" x 1.5" (38mm x 38mm) square.
    • The compad has a circular center section, about 3/4" (19mm) high, and topped with a small silver disk, slightly smaller than the center section in diameter.
    • There are seven oblong raised details on the side of the compad that face towards the thumb of the left glove.
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

So these should be good :) https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B07F7347BB/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1FBB9TXGHVG14&psc=1

agreed for the new additionnal text ;)

13 hours ago, stevechewbacca said:

So these should be good :) https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B07F7347BB/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1FBB9TXGHVG14&psc=1

agreed for the new additionnal text ;)

Not sure if that meets the Nomex styling.

I finalized the Gloves text for now and moved onto the Chest Armor:

Chest Armor

• Chest armor matches visual references.
  • Accurate shape/design to front of chest.
  • Outer rim has a continuous trim edge, including the raised trim on the recessed box.
  • Shoulder straps are Stormtrooper style and secured to the chest armor and secure to the back armor in the same fashion.
  • The front recessed box includes a few detail pieces:
    • There is a six-sided raised shape in the top left-hand corner.
    • There is a raised upside-down T-shaped detail offset from the center with part of the T fitting into the cut-out part of the aforementioned six-sided shape.
  • Right-hand side of chest has a raised section with an elongated rectangular strip of metal attached to it with the following details:
    • There are three evenly spaced red rectangular LED light cover/caps.
  • Left-hand side of the chest has two oblong shaped detail which protrude outwards and are staggered from one another, one being more forward.
  • There is an off-white fabric/elastic strap on each side of the chest armor which runs under the bicep and around the wearer securing the chest plate to the wearer’s chest and back.

OPTIONAL Level Two certification (if applicable):

• The six-sided raised shape in the top left-hand corner of the front recessed box has an additional recessed rectangle on the left side as well as two smaller recessed squares on the right side just above where the cut-out starts.

Well I'll continue my research then but I'm not sure about what is the difference between a nomex and a welding glove ^^"

About the chest, your text says that the shoulder straps attach to the back armor but, like the regular snowtrooper, there is no back armor, only some nylon straps securing the backpack ;)

Other than that i think it is good ^^

• Like 1

I cant read the french on amazon lol but the gloves seem fine to me.  The texture looks spot on actually especially around the cuff.

And chest text seems good.

• Like 2

That backpack text was a doozy! You'll have to bear with me on this one because there is a lot for the Backpack text:

Backpack

• Backpack is similar to that of a Snowtrooper in a rounded-wedge shape but with unique details. It is painted a white or off-white color unless stated otherwise.
  • Styled after the pack as seen in the Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order videogame. A loose interpretation is allowed, but screen accuracy is encouraged.
  • The backside of the backpack facing the wearer’s back is flat.
  • The front of the backpack has two sides that have an approximate 1” (25.4mm) orange stripe which starts at the top of the pack and runs down to the middle of where the second fuel tank is.
  • At each of the two (2) orange stripes there is a unique detail which resembles a Stormtrooper shoulder strap which wraps from the front of the pack towards the back.
  • There is also a gray rectangular shape on the upper left part of the backpack that is approximately 1.5” (38.1mm) wide and goes up over the top rounded part of the pack.
  • The front of the pack also has a raised rectangular control panel in the upper left corner of the backpack with the following details:
    • There are two rectangular raised shapes in the top left corner of the control panel. The left detail being painted red and the right detail being painted a dark gray.
    • There is a raised rectangular detail in the top right corner of the control panel. In the bottom left corner of that raised detail there is a raised oblong detail. In the middle to top right corner of the raised detail there are three (3) raised circular details/buttons. The left detail is painted red, middle detail white, and right detail gray.
    • Underneath the aforementioned raised rectangular detail in the middle left of the control panel is another raised rectangular detail. In the bottom right corner of this raised rectangular detail is another small raised gray rectangular detail.
    • In the bottom middle to right corner of the control panel there is a raised gray rectangle with a raised white rectangular detail slightly offset to the bottom and in the middle of the gray detail.
    • In the bottom left corner of the control panel there is another raised rectangle with a raised circular detail to the right of it.
  • To the right of the control panel there is fork detail that rises/angels from the bottom of the control panel up towards the top of the pack and control panel and then rounds out. In the middle of the rounded-out portion of this fork detail there is a raised circular detail with another raised circular detail on top of it.
  • At the lower middle to bottom of the backpack there are two (2) cylindrical fuel tanks which run from the left side of the pack through the middle and out the right side of the pack.
    • The fuel tank cylinders have a domed shape on the left side of the backpack and are painted an olive-green color.
    • The fuel tank cylinders have a lesser pronounced dome on the right side where there exists Flamethrower connections. Additionally, there is a raised detail in the bottom left of the top tank.
  • The left and right side of the backpack each has two recessed areas, circular at the top and the other follows the curves of the backpack down to the fuel tanks. In the circular area this is a circular detail with an outer and inner ring.
  • On the right side of the backpack there are two cylindrical greeblies that connect to each other and also each of the fuel tanks on that side:
    • The top cylindrical greeblie matches the reference photos and is black in color. On the side facing outwards from the back of the backpack there are two circular buttons. The top button is red and the bottom button that offsets the larger one is white. On the side that is facing the wearer there is a connection that goes from the top cylindrical black tank to the white tank below it.
    • The bottom cylindrical greeblie matches the reference photos and is white in color. There is a black greeblie attached to the outside of the bottom cylindrical greebie that appears to be a venting pipe. At the bottom of the cylindrical greeblie there is slotted connector.
      • This connector is capped off if there is no attached flamethrower.
      • If there is an attached flamethrower then there will be a 1” (25.4mm) black tube connecting the flamethrower to the backpack.

OPTIONAL Level Two certification (if applicable):

• Fuel tank cylinders are weathered in a manner which exposes a gray or silver undercoat or appearance.
  • Buttons or details are not electronically lit.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Im finally back in the forums. The Nomex glove ( a combat pilots flight glove) is a half- thin leather (palm) and half Nomex ( a fire retardant aramid fiber material). The Nomex part of the glove (back of the hand fingers and wrist) takes on this characteristic nubby effect after being worn a while.  There ARE rough leather welding gloves, Harbor Frieght ( a US tool supply store) has an inexpensive, nubby leather (rough grain outside) glove. 

here is a pair of Tillmans that are sold in airgas stores in the US. Tractor Supply Hardware should have an almost identical glove.  Shoulder Split hide is the rough glove; otherwise TIG and MIG gloves are smooth. My dad was a welder, and old fashioned stick welder and he used rough outside gloves, he never owned a pair of the modern, smooth leather TIG/MIG gloves. 

https://www.airgas.com/product/Safety-Products/Gloves/Welders-Gloves/p/TIL1000?fo_c=306&fo_k=068f1094c01daf2957bab49b94707756&fo_s=cstmc&s_kwcid=AL!10136!3!381190325900!!!g!813728555408!&utm_arg=SEM:Google:GSN_-_Items_-_Safety_Products-Welders_Gloves:GSN_Item_-_Tillman|Safety_Products-Welders_Gloves|0-30|C:75:pla:pla:Airgas:safety_products::TIL1000::PLA&gclid=CjwKCAiAzrWOBhBjEiwAq85QZ1uyCFkEv9FUBtR_g1-7W2mlGrzxoBJt6ua6kWuZsM5SMbX2-QvLyxoC__MQAvD_BwE

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

Im finally back in the forums. The Nomex glove ( a combat pilots flight glove) is a half- thin leather (palm) and half Nomex ( a fire retardant aramid fiber material). The Nomex part of the glove (back of the hand fingers and wrist) takes on this characteristic nubby effect after being worn a while.  There ARE rough leather welding gloves, Harbor Frieght ( a US tool supply store) has an inexpensive, nubby leather (rough grain outside) glove. 

here is a pair of Tillmans that are sold in airgas stores in the US. Tractor Supply Hardware should have an almost identical glove.  Shoulder Split hide is the rough glove; otherwise TIG and MIG gloves are smooth. My dad was a welder, and old fashioned stick welder and he used rough outside gloves, he never owned a pair of the modern, smooth leather TIG/MIG gloves. 

https://www.airgas.com/product/Safety-Products/Gloves/Welders-Gloves/p/TIL1000?fo_c=306&fo_k=068f1094c01daf2957bab49b94707756&fo_s=cstmc&s_kwcid=AL!10136!3!381190325900!!!g!813728555408!&utm_arg=SEM:Google:GSN_-_Items_-_Safety_Products-Welders_Gloves:GSN_Item_-_Tillman|Safety_Products-Welders_Gloves|0-30|C:75:pla:pla:Airgas:safety_products::TIL1000::PLA&gclid=CjwKCAiAzrWOBhBjEiwAq85QZ1uyCFkEv9FUBtR_g1-7W2mlGrzxoBJt6ua6kWuZsM5SMbX2-QvLyxoC__MQAvD_BwE

Thanks for the explanation :) it makes sense to me now ^^

The one I found on amazon.fr seem definitely good in term of texture then. Plus they don't have the brand on the arm part :) ?

• Like 1