SCAR Squadron Cav CRL Discussion

Here is the proposed text for the Abdomen Armor:

Abdomen Armor

• The abdomen and cod piece may be combined/fused to a single plate/one piece or separate.
  • Cod piece is white in color.
  • There are two raised lines which run up the center of the abdomen armor up under the chest armor. This center section of the armor is white which splits black towards the sides of the abdomen armor diagonally getting wider the further up armor it goes and narrows as it goes towards the cod piece.
  • There are no visible snaps or rivets.
  • Abdomen armor must match in-comic references.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• There should be no gap between the ab and kidney plate, a single visible seam line is ideal. Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor shall be no more than 1/2” (12.5mm). Any shims used to achieve this effect shall have a similar material and color as with the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims should be flush and seams are allowed.
  • There shall be no visible rivets or snaps on the exterior of the armor.
  • Like 1

Everything is good on these EXCEPT for chest pad we need a lime that it needs to be attached without visible snaps or rivets.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, RAIDER said:

Everything is good on these EXCEPT for chest pad we need a lime that it needs to be attached without visible snaps or rivets.

Yeah I think I forgot about that part, so I have added it below:

Chest Armor

• Chest armor overlaps abdominal armor.
  • Chest is smooth in appearance.
  • There is a knives sheath/chest pad in the center of the chest that is made out of leather or leather-like material and has an irregular hexagon shape with the following details:
    • The bottom of the knives sheath is curved following the bottom of the chest armor.
    • There are three (3) knife sheaths equally spaced along the chest pad and house each knife's blade.
    • On each sheath there is a strap on the right side with a black snap in the middle. The snap does not need to be functional.
    • Within each pouch there is a knife or if local law prohibits the use of prop knives then the following details are present:
      • Each sheath has the appearance of being full with a knife.
      • Each sheath has the only the handle part of the knife and affixed to the pouch.
  • There is no visible method of attachment of the knives sheath/chest pad to the chest armor.

• Chest plate shall have return edges all around, maximum width of 3/8" (10mm).
  • Chest and back shall be connected with a white fabric (preferably elastic) that does not stick out or show under the shoulder plastic straps.
  • Like 1
On 1/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, IcyTrooper said:

Here is the proposed text for the Abdomen Armor:

Abdomen Armor

• The abdomen and cod piece may be combined/fused to a single plate/one piece or separate.
  • There are two raised lines which run up the center of the abdomen armor up under the chest armor. This center section of the armor is white which splits black towards the sides of the abdomen armor diagonally getting wider the further up armor it goes and narrows as it goes towards the cod piece.

• There should be no gap between the ab and kidney plate, a single visible seam line is ideal. Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor shall be no more than 1/2” (12.5mm). Any shims used to achieve this effect shall have a similar material and color as with the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims should be flush and seams are allowed.

Here the only things I think missing…the angled recessed lines that separate the black from the white portions…and L2 the cod is definitely separated from the abdomen.  Panels show that.

Looking ahead to belt/pouches…the belt is tough to make out in this arc. It most reminded me of a clone belt.  I think it’s animated phase 2?  Cant remember now exactly…but the vertical lines and detail in the center is what led me to that.

Pouches are simply black medium spanish pouches w a white pull tab instead of the bronze button normally used on Sandtroopers.

@RAIDER that is a good catch, I didn't even notice the recessed lines that split the two so I'll ad them in there. I'll also add the L2 detail about the separated cod. I missed that since we did that with Sgt. Kreel.

Here is the proposed text for the Abdomen Armor:

Abdomen Armor

• There are two raised lines which run up the center of the abdomen armor up under the chest armor. This center section of the armor is white and on each side there are recessed lines that split the white from black towards the sides of the abdomen armor. These recessed lines are diagonal and get wider the further up armor they go and narrow as they go towards the cod piece.

• The cod piece is separate from the abdomen armor.

abdomen1.PNG abdomen2.PNG abdomen3.PNG 

abdomen4.PNG abdomen5.PNG

With that being said I do agree with the belt text as we push forward with animated clone. I think I had also suggested that way back when when you had started going with how the lines are displayed on it. Here is some text to get us started for the Belt:

Belt

• Belt armor is approximately 3" (76.2mm) tall and divided into 1.75" (44.5mm) wide segments, ending on the hips of the wearer.
    • The front armor segments have a key/slot detail.
  • The soft belt proper is made of canvas, or material with a canvas covering and must be 3” to 3.5” (75-90mm) wide.
  • Belt pouches are mounted at the hips, covering where the belt armor terminates to the soft belt proper.
  • The belt closes by overlapping in the rear center of the kidney/posterior armor where the thermal detonator is attached.

belt1.PNG belt4.PNG belt2.PNG belt3.PNG

For the pouches do you have rough measurements for them?

Pouches

• There are two black medium-sized Spanish pouches that are worn on each side of the hip.
  • Each pouch has the following approximate dimensions: X" x X' x X" (Xmm x Xmm x Xmm).
  • Pouches are closed with a white pull tab that is approximately 1" (25.4mm) and not a snap or button.
  • Any stitching on the pouch is black.

• Pouches appear full.

pouches1.PNG pouches2.PNG

While we work on finalizing the Abdomen ArmorBelt and Pouches I have added the finalized text for the Lower Leg Armor and Boots since they aren't anything special:

Lower Leg Armor

• The shin armor is able to open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed. The trapezoid knee plate is affixed to the top of the left shin.
  • Overlap construction is only allowable for kits that come with the cover strip molded into the part.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
  • The sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.
  • Shins are constructed using the butt joint cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

Boots

• Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • Small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle.
  • Flat sole with a short heel.
  • No buckles or laces.
  • Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
  • Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• There is no seam present on the front of the boot.

shin1.PNG shin2.PNG

13 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

For the pouches do you have rough measurements for them?

Pouches

• There are two black medium-sized Spanish pouches that are worn on each side of the hip.
  • Each pouch has the following approximate dimensions: X" x X' x X" (Xmm x Xmm x Xmm).
  • Pouches are closed with a white pull tab that is approximately 1" (25.4mm) and not a snap or button.

• Pouches appear full.

Measured mine and they are approx 3.5” wide, 6” tall, and 2” deep.

• Thanks 1

@IcyTrooper Just a heads up, Im headed out to Italia today and will be gone for about 10 days…looks like all we need is thighs (right thigh sheath) and knives.   Feel free to finish n whenever I have a chance to review it I will.

And when I get back I just have to repaint the abdomen n then I will take pics.

• Like 1

Have fun!!! 

Here is the finalized text for the Abdomen ArmorBelt, and Pouches:

Abdomen Armor

• There are two raised lines which run up the center of the abdomen armor up under the chest armor. This center section of the armor is white and on each side there are recessed lines that split the white from black towards the sides of the abdomen armor. These recessed lines are diagonal and get wider the further up armor they go and narrow as they go towards the cod piece.

• The cod piece is separate from the abdomen armor.

Belt

• Belt armor is approximately 3" (76.2mm) tall and divided into 1.75" (44.5mm) wide segments, ending on the hips of the wearer.
    • The front armor segments have a key/slot detail.
  • The soft belt proper is made of canvas, or material with a canvas covering and must be 3” to 3.5” (75-90mm) wide.
  • Belt pouches are mounted at the hips, covering where the belt armor terminates to the soft belt proper.
  • The belt closes by overlapping in the rear center of the kidney/posterior armor where the thermal detonator is attached.

Pouches

• Each pouch has the following approximate dimensions: 3.5" x 6” x 2" (88.9mm x 152.4mm x 50.8mm).

• Pouches appear full.

Here we go for the Thigh Armor text as a draft!:

Thigh Armor

• The thigh armor may open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed.
  • The small ammo belt is installed on the bottom of the right thigh.
  • The bottom corners of the thigh ammo belt shall be rounded off.
  • On the right thigh there is a knife sheath with the following details:
    • The sheath is in proportion to the wearer and close to the sheaths on the chest pad. If local law prohibits the use of prop knives, then the following details are present:
      • The sheath has the appears of being full with a knife.
      • The sheath has only the handle part of the knife and affixed to the pouch.
    • On the sheath there is a strap on the right side with a black snap in the middle. The snap does not need to be functional.
    • The sheath is held on the right thigh by a singular strap. The strap is approximately 4” (101.6mm) wide, black in color and made of elastic, leather, or leather-like material. 
  • Overlap construction is only allowable for kits that come with the cover strip molded into the part.
  • Cover strips must end at the top of the lower ridge in front and back.
  • If the two parts of the thigh armor cannot fit the user, cover strip should not be too wide. Instead, shims can be used to close the back of the thigh armor. Shims shall have a similar material and color to the whole armor, and should be flush without seams.

• The thigh ammo belt must be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted white in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
  • Rivet diameter should be approximately 5/16 inches (0.8cm).
  • The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. Standard pop rivets are not allowed.
  • Must be constructed using the butt joint cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

I think we need to revisit the right thigh armor strapping. I know you used two straps to hold it on but I'm not seeing a reference in the respective arc that has two straps:

thigh1.PNG thigh2.PNG thigh3.PNG

A couple things…

The sheath is in proportion to the wearer and close to the sheaths on the chest pad

Change the “close to” to “matches” i think is better

- L2…no rivets attaching the ammo pack.

- And this is the biggie n may be something that will take time to fix…i based the strapping off of a different arc because it showed the sheath better.  That arc uses 2 straps w the sheath mounted on a small rectangular pad.  Interestingly…in one panel of the main arc we are using, the sheath is on the left leg (w the sniper knee plate), in another there is no sheath, another right thigh, another right thigh again but then theres a second sheath on the shin using the style I had made. Sooooo all that to say IDK.  If it needs a fix on my end I get it but thatll be some time prob as I need to recommission that part.  This was the panel I used just cuz they showed the sheath side much clearer

IMG_2868.JPG

• Thanks 1
On 1/16/2022 at 4:44 AM, RAIDER said:

A couple things…

The sheath is in proportion to the wearer and close to the sheaths on the chest pad

- And this is the biggie n may be something that will take time to fix…i based the strapping off of a different arc because it showed the sheath better.  That arc uses 2 straps w the sheath mounted on a small rectangular pad.  Interestingly…in one panel of the main arc we are using, the sheath is on the left leg (w the sniper knee plate), in another there is no sheath, another right thigh, another right thigh again but then theres a second sheath on the shin using the style I had made. Sooooo all that to say IDK.  If it needs a fix on my end I get it but thatll be some time prob as I need to recommission that part.  This was the panel I used just cuz they showed the sheath side much clearer

IMG_2868.JPG

I think if we have references for both 1 AND 2 straps then we can say that. We will need to be specific about widths for each option though. Does that sound agreeable?

On 1/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, RAIDER said:

A couple things…

IMG_2868.JPG

Thanks for the feedback! I will adjust the text with the suggestions on the thigh knife sheath with "matches" as well as adding the L2 detail about no rivet or fastener. I will add that it can be done with a rivet or fastener in L1.

On 1/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, nanotek said:

I think if we have references for both 1 AND 2 straps then we can say that. We will need to be specific about widths for each option though. Does that sound agreeable?

I'm fine with that, but just want to make sure we don't get too crossed up with different arcs. I can't remember if we did that with Sgt. Kreel, albeit this is a different costume, however, they are from the same arc. I do agree with @nanotek about measurements for the two options. A recommendation I would make would be to split the measurement of the singular strap in half to make that of the two (e.g., if we say 4" strap for singular strap option then the two strap option would be 2" on each strap for the width, etc.). I think that'll help the proportions.

I'll go ahead and draft something up with that text and post below.

New draft text for the Thigh Armor including any changes in purple:

Thigh Armor

• The thigh armor may open and firmly close in the back allowing the two halves to appear sealed.
    • It may be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted white in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. It may be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted white in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. Rivet diameter should be approximately 5/16 inches (0.8cm). The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. Standard pop rivets are not allowed.
    • The sheath is in proportion to the wearer and matches the sheaths on the chest pad. If local law prohibits the use of prop knives, then the following details are present:
    • On the sheath there is a strap on the right side with a black snap in the middle. The snap does not need to be functional.
    • The sheath is held on the right thigh by a singular strap or two straps. The strap color will be black and they will be made of elastic, leather, or leather-like material.
      • If utilizing a singular strap then it is approximately 4” (101.6mm) wide.
      • If utilizing two straps then each strap is approximately 2” (50.8mm) wide.
  • If the two parts of the thigh armor cannot fit the user, cover strip should not be too wide. Instead, shims can be used to close the back of the thigh armor. Shims shall have a similar material and color to the whole armor, and should be flush without seams.

OPTIONAL Level Two certification (if applicable):

• The thigh ammo belt is not attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener. There is no visible method of attachment.
  • Must be constructed using the butt joint cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.
  • Like 1

Here is the finalized text for the Thigh Armor:

Thigh Armor

• It may be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted white in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. It may be attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener, painted white in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. Rivet diameter should be approximately 5/16 inches (0.8cm). The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. Standard pop rivets are not allowed.
    • The sheath is in proportion to the wearer and matches the sheaths on the chest pad. If local law prohibits the use of prop knives, then the following details are present:
    • The sheath is held on the right thigh by a singular strap or two straps. The strap color will be black and they will be made of elastic, leather, or leather-like material.
      • If utilizing a singular strap then it is approximately 4” (101.6mm) wide.
      • If utilizing two straps then each strap is approximately 2” (50.8mm) wide.

• The thigh ammo belt is not attached to the thigh armor with a solid head rivet or fastener. There is no visible method of attachment.

Here is the proposed text for the Knives:

Knives

• Each knife is similar in appearance to that of a Bowie knife and matches the reference photos.
  • The handle and guard of the knife is flat black and has finger grooves present. There shall be no pins/rivets on the handle. 
  • The blade itself is serrated from the guard to about halfway outward towards the end of the knife. After the serrated edge it is beveled/grinded to form a point at the end.
  • There is a recessed portion on each side of the blade nearest the guard and a separate pointed section on the top of each blade.
  • The blade itself should be a silver or silver metallic color resembling metal.

• The blade is painted a silver metallic color or in a finish that resembles metal.

knife1.PNG knife2.PNG knife3.PNG knife4.PNG

Anatomy-of-a-blade-illo_03.jpg

Here is the proposed Character Description text for the CRL including the Character Name

Name: Specialist Cav

Character Description: 

Cav is a Special Commando Advanced Recon (SCAR) trooper in Task Force 99, a squad within the Galactic Empire's Stormtrooper Corps. Cav served as the squad's melee specialist, capable of attacking targets in close quarters combat. Cav participated in Task Force 99's mission to the Ghost Moon in order to take care of a group of Rebels hiding there.

I want to also include the Special Notes text for draft:

• The armor parts shall be gloss or semi-gloss white unless specified otherwise in the CRL text.
  • Weathering is optional. If weathering is used, it should be consistent across the costume. No piece should stand out from the others with respect to weathering.
  • Armor is made from one of these (or similar) types of materials:
    • Fiberglass
    • ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
    • HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene)
    • PLA, ABS, PETG (3D Printing)
    • Polyurethane Rubber
  • Blasters are not required for legion membership per our weapons policy.
  • 3D Printed parts are permitted but all print lines and other artifacts must be removed.

@IcyTrooper  Knives…L2 line is a duplicate of final L1 line so prob not necessary.

CRL description…Im good either way on this but I dont remember it ever stating his rank is “Specialist” just that he specializes in melee (and I think that’s the wiki more than the comics).  Anyways, you call it n Im good.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RAIDER said:

@IcyTrooper  Knives…L2 line is a duplicate of final L1 line so prob not necessary.

CRL description…Im good either way on this but I dont remember it ever stating his rank is “Specialist” just that he specializes in melee (and I think that’s the wiki more than the comics).  Anyways, you call it n Im good.

Yeah I put that L2 stuff in there so we get an actual metal look rather than having it a flat silver which I can see people doing. Maybe I can word it differently?

I'll have to look back and see about the Specialist part as you are saying. I'm wondering what else we could change it to? Maybe Task Force 99: Cav?

@IcyTrooper  I dont know if the CRLs are made but if any exist for Bad Batch clones Id say follow that maybe.  If they use a title or a unit in the name do that.  If they just use the character name, do that.

And gotcha on the knife paint.  I see the difference 

• Like 1

@IcyTrooper I just checked n see there are 2 Bad Batchers n I see how they named em…but then we have Kreel already too.  Lets just make it match whatever was done for Kreel instead lol.

Task Force 99: Cav.  Right?

• Like 1