TB-3831's General Weir Build

I'm going to be 3D-printing my build, the main files will be MrPoopie's TB files from the Pathfinder forums, I used these to get my JFO Scout approved.

Did the biceps first, they were one of the most troublesome pieces to smooth out from past experience, so getting these out of the way first.  Main bicep printed with PLA filament, the T-bit resin printed.  A few layers and sanding of filler primer, Rustoleum gloss black and apple red.

spacer.png

• Like 4

A few days later and a couple more pieces printed, working with filler primer and getting the first forearm piece worked on.  Also the webbing for the bandolier just arrived, have 1" wide and 2" wide as per the CRL instructions.

spacer.png

• Like 4
On 5/8/2022 at 9:31 PM, Ammonites said:

I'm going to be 3D-printing my build, the main files will be MrPoopie's TB files from the Pathfinder forums, I used these to get my JFO Scout approved.

Did the biceps first, they were one of the most troublesome pieces to smooth out from past experience, so getting these out of the way first.  Main bicep printed with PLA filament, the T-bit resin printed.  A few layers and sanding of filler primer, Rustoleum gloss black and apple red.

spacer.png

hmmm...You know, I DO have a spare scout lid.  3d printable files? for a trooper?  Man, that sounds do able, after I print my ICAT driver. 

Biceps printed and painted, first forearm piece printed and painted.  Also starting to 3D print the bandolier pieces in resin.
Something I noticed, the CRL says to use 1" webbing for the front, but that seems to be a bit thin.  Also, the files have an opening for 1.25" webbing.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...

Had a few other projects going, but starting to get back into this with black filament.  Printing out the bucket, doing it in black filament but will still do black semi-gloss paint after all the print lines are smoothed out.

spacer.png

I found some red nylon webbing that fits through the slots perfectly.  Finding that the resin, while it looks great, is a bit more weighted.  I have enough of the webbing to try for 2 bandoliers, so the next will be printed using filament.

spacer.png

• Like 1
On 1/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, IcyTrooper said:

That is nice! Where'd you get the red nylon webbing from?

I found it on Amazon, had to purchase it alongside 7 other colors but it was the only way to get Red in the right width.  Suppose I could do a non-approved bandolier with pink for cancer awareness special events, but not sure what to do about the other six colors.  The amount I got has enough for the fronts of 2 bandolier sets of the right color.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O547XRU?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dropkick said:

I'll be following this build thread with great interest.

I'm tempted to do a General Weir option for my Shadow Scout

You'll need a new helmet, biceps and belt, but the rest should be interchangeable.  I was thinking of doing the same actually.

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Ammonites said:

You'll need a new helmet, biceps and belt, but the rest should be interchangeable.  I was thinking of doing the same actually.

They were my thoughts alright. I might look into trying to source interchangable lenses for my bucket.

• Like 2