Textile material and texture

Hello, 

I wanted to ask a question about the recommemded textile material for Del Meeko's jumpsuit. I have both Canvas and Duck weave jumpsuits. I prefer the Duck weave because it retains it's sheen more than the canvas. However, it doesn't stretch or move very well especially in the hip joint area, which restricts sitting down, or bending at the knee for a tactical position.  This suite was custom fitted by Crow Props, Giovanni Rodriguez. I have not gained weight, but as a matter of fact lost weight. 

I served in the military and have been in full assault armor gear; running, jumping, squatting, crawling, etc. The uniform served it's purpose to do those activities and perform the movements. 

I have looked and have kept looking for a heavy stretchable black material that has similar weave pattern and texture as duck weave. Does the material composition matter? What is the consensus if it's cotton/spandex or cotton/Lycra to allow for this movement I described. What is the position of GMLs on these materials? 

Hi Joe,

As far as basic clearance goes, it's simply "canvas or similar heavy material", so no GML is likely to give you a hard time over the exact composition if the overall look is the same - although it is important that there's some degree of rigidity in it, as implied by the "heavy" part.

For more accuracy, an Oxford weave or duck weave canvas does seem closest. We are currently reviewing this exact question at the moment so as to be able to give clearer guidance in the CRL (at least for those going for lvl2 clearance).

If you find any similar materials, feel free to throw up some photos and we'll be happy to give some feedback. I do find my own suit a bit limiting in movement at times (Oxford weave canvas, custom fitted like your own), so I know where you're coming from!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, tipperaryred said:

Hi Joe,

As far as basic clearance goes, it's simply "canvas or similar heavy material", so no GML is likely to give you a hard time over the exact composition if the overall look is the same - although it is important that there's some degree of rigidity in it, as implied by the "heavy" part.

For more accuracy, an Oxford weave or duck weave canvas does seem closest. We are currently reviewing this exact question at the moment so as to be able to give clearer guidance in the CRL (at least for those going for lvl2 clearance).

If you find any similar materials, feel free to throw up some photos and we'll be happy to give some feedback. I do find my own suit a bit limiting in movement at times (Oxford weave canvas, custom fitted like your own), so I know where you're coming from!

Exactly that! 

• Thanks 2