Steel mesh + backing for DT helmet?

The CRL states the following with regards to the DT helmet:

• There is a side panel silver aluminum in color with 8 rectangular vent slots, even in size and spacing on each side of the face plate.
    • The vents are cut out and lined with steel small mesh and backed with black material.
    • The side panels are slightly weathered with matte black paint.

However, I cannot find any actual pictures of this, even in the CRL itself.

I'm specifically referring to the steel mesh and black backing material.

Can anyone provide me some photos of how they did this?

@Tiderion Here is a shot of one of the screen used helmet's and also of my Anovos helmet. The screen material can be any heavy gauged window screen or like material. The black backing material is used to simply block the screen from being see thru. I can't show you how it looks from the inside as I have Tony's helmet sound system installed which uses the vents to allow the sound to pass thru. However, its pretty simple. cut the screen to fit, epoxy or hot glue, then cut any type of black fabric to fit and epoxy or hot glue behind the screen. As with most CRLs they are written as a "guide" for GMLs to approve costumes and as a general visual reference. Specific "how to"  resources are generally found in each Detachment user's WIP threads. Hope this helps. 

955555477_Screenshot(390).thumb.png.dc992a40d6a95f5f5de822d7ed455eaf.png2033125367_Screenshot(392).thumb.png.d98215a6188441305b738a3d2e036ee2.png1058798713_Screenshot(393).thumb.png.a644d316b16031bece04493a474873a2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/15/2022 at 1:48 AM, Tiderion said:

The CRL states the following with regards to the DT helmet:

• There is a side panel silver aluminum in color with 8 rectangular vent slots, even in size and spacing on each side of the face plate.
    • The vents are cut out and lined with steel small mesh and backed with black material.
    • The side panels are slightly weathered with matte black paint.

However, I cannot find any actual pictures of this, even in the CRL itself.

I'm specifically referring to the steel mesh and black backing material.

Can anyone provide me some photos of how they did this?

Hey there, the steel mesh is definitely viewable and the black backing material (while not specifically viewable in some reference pics) is seen on the Anovos reproductions and we can tell from the references that no light is passing through the mesh, therefore must have some kind of backing to prevent light from passing through. 

I think what the team are trying to show you is that the mesh is glued directly to the helmet which then can be backed with the black material after. If they showed you the finished piece you wouldn't be able to see the mesh. I hope this makes sense.

• Like 1