Sonfield Build Thread

Moderators, feel free to delete old or move here.

WIP specs.

Suit/ hat- Imperial boots

Belt- Anovos

Boxes- so far metal, but need to find the correct for resin printing

Boots- Imperial Boots

Gloves- RavelGloves

Armor- so far, the latest files from Mudtrooper.uk

Paint- Montana Anthracite, shock black, shock white, rust oleum matte clear, Testors Dull, alumaluster

Dye Process- Dylon Olive Green

Blaster/ Rifle: TBD

Holster- will be made by me

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing your work-in-progress with us, Justin!

You have done a really great job. I really like your shoulder bell, in particular. The paint job seems really accurate. Good job with the dying of the costume. I hope mine is going to be as successful as your 🙂

As for the not-so-positive... The boots you have seem to be the tall jackboots from IB. When I compare them with the screenshots, they seem a little too high to me but that's probably no big deal.

Another thing is that your gloves seem to have some decorative stitches. In the CRL we have been working on so far, it mentions that they shouldn't have any.

With the belt boxes you already mention, it's the only things I have noticed :)

24 minutes ago, Vanedor said:

Thanks for sharing your work-in-progress with us, Justin!

You have done a really great job. I really like your shoulder bell, in particular. The paint job seems really accurate. Good job with the dying of the costume. I hope mine is going to be as successful as your 🙂

As for the not-so-positive... The boots you have seem to be the tall jackboots from IB. When I compare them with the screenshots, they seem a little too high to me but that's probably no big deal.

Another thing is that your gloves seem to have some decorative stitches. In the CRL we have been working on so far, it mentions that they shouldn't have any.

With the belt boxes you already mention, it's the only things I have noticed :)

Yeah he mentioned on the other thread that they weren't the accurate boots/gloves. Although for the boots I have seen a seller on Ebay have those boots. I bought them and they seem pretty accurate. Only small change would be to darken the stitching.

49 minutes ago, sonfield said:

One pack did it for me!

That's it? Did you use Soda Ash for the Fixator?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Wasrovv Slociw said:

Yeah he mentioned on the other thread that they weren't the accurate boots/gloves. Although for the boots I have seen a seller on Ebay have those boots. I bought them and they seem pretty accurate. Only small change would be to darken the stitching.

That's it? Did you use Soda Ash for the Fixator?

I just did the instructions.  There is about a half a cup of salt you add, but that is it.  I do recommend keeping the temperature high though.  that does seem to matter a bit

2 hours ago, sonfield said:

I just did the instructions.  There is about a half a cup of salt you add, but that is it.  I do recommend keeping the temperature high though.  that does seem to matter a bit

So it’s just add the pack and salt to a washing machine on high temp and go? Sorry I have never done this before

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...