New mudtrooper blaster find? (SX-21 scatterblaster) Possibly could be added to CRL

Hey guys, while I was looking up information on lore to help answer a question on Facebook that I found on the starwars Wookiepedia (wiki) that the mudtroopers used another form of blaster during the battle of mimban and wanted to see what you all thought, it was essentially a shotgun blaster which the mudtroopers used, liked using and also found invaluable in the battle of mimban, that's not in the 501st crl. It was called the SX-21 pump action scatterblaster. And here's a link to the wiki that explains it: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/SX-21_pump-action_scatter_blaster it must be inspired by the use of pump action shotguns in ww1

11 hours ago, Detaleader said:

Feels like it'd be a cool addition. 

Were you able to find any picture evidence by any chance? 

Like mentioned by jafo it's the blaster that chewie uses in solo, I'd attach a picture but the add files says too big so I'll try to copy it in here via link: 

Edit: got the picture to work finally and also found a clearer picture of the whole thing from an etsy vendor to clearly show what it sorta looks like.(I would link to credit the vendor but seems like it was taken off etsy)

SX-21.jpeg

il_1588xN.2858671558_ax8n.jpeg

7 hours ago, ArkZeroPrice said:

Like mentioned by jafo it's the blaster that chewie uses in solo, I'd attach a picture but the add files says too big so I'll try to copy it in here via link: 

Edit: got the picture to work finally and also found a clearer picture of the whole thing from an etsy vendor to clearly show what it sorta looks like.(I would link to credit the vendor but seems like it was taken off etsy)

SX-21.jpeg

il_1588xN.2858671558_ax8n.jpeg

Also according to the wiki here's it's listed sources on the material relating to the blaster as well:

Sources:

Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as SX-21 blaster rifle)

Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First identified as SX-21 scatterblaster)

Gadgets and Gear (First identified as SX-21 pump-action scatter blaster)

Rebel Troopers Unit Expansion

SX-21 Blaster Rifle in the Databank

1 hour ago, Detaleader said:

I'm well aware. What I was trying to say is: Do we have any pictures of Muddies using it, rather than just Chewbacca? 

Just went back and tried watching the battle of mimban in slow motion I don't I found any clear picture of one being used in the film itself. I think the information is mostly in the books related to the movie so I'll see about ordering one and trying to see if the information can be cited more precisely.

2 hours ago, Detaleader said:

I'm well aware. What I was trying to say is: Do we have any pictures of Muddies using it, rather than just Chewbacca? 

I actually just found something after some research into some of the sources from the wiki. an official entry into the starwars website's official database: where it cites a small article explaining how the the mudtroopers did indeed use them. though it is just small entry article. but it is from the official starwars website: https://www.starwars.com/databank/sx-21-blaster-rifle

Screenshot (272).jpeg

After researching it further and trying to get through scenes (The battle of mimban and the trenches scenes), I don't think i can find any visual evidence of the the use of a SX-21 Pump action scatterblaster by the mudtroopers. At least from what I can distinguish. I did see two scenes that could have been close. One was towards then end as Beckett and val were pulling away their friend korso and showed a backdrop of a line of mudtroopers which had showed a blaster with a longer scope similar to what is seen on the SX-21 but giving it a closer look it didn't match the profile, and in a scene a bit earlier i saw something that might have fit the blaster's profile but i think it to be more of a turret, as giving that also a closer look it lacked a scope. The atmospheric shots of these scenes make it hard to distinguish things but i feel after a closer look that there probably isn't any visual depiction (At least in the solo movie) of the mudtroopers using it. unless perhaps there might be some seen in a deleted scene somewhere. So in conclusion either the official star wars website's database has the only mention of the blaster being used by mudtroopers, or there could be more information in the written material, cause as mentioned before I saw the different sources from the wiki about the blaster and i unfortunately don't have access to those books. If someone could take a look that'd would be great. Cause the reason i brought up this topic in the first place was to help expand the options which mudtroopers can have when it comes to the CRL. So that way we could all have a bit more fun if say someone wanted to use it. : ) but other than that I can't research too much more until i get one of the listed written sources. Either way things go with this thread I just thought it was a good shot to try and bring up/mention just in case there was a possibility of it being added to the list of what mudtroopers could use. Cause i just wanted to help out in the end.

6 hours ago, ArkZeroPrice said:

After researching it further and trying to get through scenes (The battle of mimban and the trenches scenes), I don't think i can find any visual evidence of the the use of a SX-21 Pump action scatterblaster by the mudtroopers. At least from what I can distinguish. I did see two scenes that could have been close. One was towards then end as Beckett and val were pulling away their friend korso and showed a backdrop of a line of mudtroopers which had showed a blaster with a longer scope similar to what is seen on the SX-21 but giving it a closer look it didn't match the profile, and in a scene a bit earlier i saw something that might have fit the blaster's profile but i think it to be more of a turret, as giving that also a closer look it lacked a scope. The atmospheric shots of these scenes make it hard to distinguish things but i feel after a closer look that there probably isn't any visual depiction (At least in the solo movie) of the mudtroopers using it. unless perhaps there might be some seen in a deleted scene somewhere. So in conclusion either the official star wars website's database has the only mention of the blaster being used by mudtroopers, or there could be more information in the written material, cause as mentioned before I saw the different sources from the wiki about the blaster and i unfortunately don't have access to those books. If someone could take a look that'd would be great. Cause the reason i brought up this topic in the first place was to help expand the options which mudtroopers can have when it comes to the CRL. So that way we could all have a bit more fun if say someone wanted to use it. : ) but other than that I can't research too much more until i get one of the listed written sources. Either way things go with this thread I just thought it was a good shot to try and bring up/mention just in case there was a possibility of it being added to the list of what mudtroopers could use. Cause i just wanted to help out in the end.

Thanks for looking into it! 

I feel it'd be a fun option to add for sure :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Detaleader said:

Thanks for looking into it! 

I feel it'd be a fun option to add for sure :) 

Yeah and while there might enough to get it going. I just like sharing stuff cause you never know if something you find and could have to say could change things for someone even with the smallest things for the better :) plus I just like sharing stuff in general.  So hopefully one day there might be more material for it or who knows maybe one article is all we need. Either way had fun looking into it and if it gets out there I hope one day to see it make someone happy

6 hours ago, nanotek said:

If we can get some solid sources that will help with inclusion. Do you intend on building one?

Originally I was just intending on bringing it up so that way of someone down the line knew about it and possibly wanted to use it then the work would already be there to help allow them to use it. And after all this I actually wouldn't mind getting one for my build cause I actually really do like it now, i especially like it because in my opinion I like how it possibly historically references the use of shotguns in WW1/WW2. But I've already committed to the e-10 from imperial arms 3d, and with how my financial situation is I won't be able to commit to another piece of my costume for a while. especially a blaster as the next piece of of my costume i may be going for is the uniform (From Jim Tripon) and belts (Imperial Boots) as i've gotten a lot of my smaller stuff done

One official source that I was able to manage was the official starwars website's database which had a small entry that did mention that mudtroopers did use the blaster but unfortunately that's all I had since I didn't have access to a lot of the other written sources where the blaster was identified:

Sources that may go into further detail:

Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as SX-21 blaster rifle)

Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First identified as SX-21 scatterblaster)

Gadgets and Gear (First identified as SX-21 pump-action scatter blaster)

SX-21 Blaster Rifle in the Databank

These were all the listed sources from the wiki. It Could just be simple appearances but without having them I don't know what kind of information they may have on the blaster and what kind of relationship it may mention to the mudtroopers. But if you guys can find other sources that would be great cause if down the road it get s approved, not only woudl probably help just in general, but I'd also be willing to get it down the road once it becomes more viable for me to do so :)

But other than that Ive only found the one entry into the starwars website's database as the only entry/mention of it being related to mudtroopers. (And one more thing that I should mention about that page is that in the related section it does suggest entries for chewie, mudtroopers, mimban, mimbanese, etc.) Which is a small amount of citation but if anything at all counts it is the official starwars website and database of information.)

So long story short I only have the one source so far. And while I do wish to get it down the road now, my original intention was to just help out so that way it was about helping give more options down the road to future mudtroopers. :)

So with those two goals in mind now if anyone can find more information that'd be really appreciated so that way both of those goals can be done and made possible for all mudtroopers :)

(Sorry for re-post forgot to quote/reply)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Thank you for the post and the information related to it. As @nanotek mentioned we'll need some solid sources as well as someone to build it for it to come into fruition.

No problem my friend (also congrats on your new position my friend :) ) and I'll see if I can get a hold of some friends who I know who may have some of the other sources. And I'll look into the blaster being made, wonder if there's any chewie builds who decided to go with the solo load out and see about how they got it. I did find something recently I know some like to kitbash existing stuff out there but found out the other day that nerf actually released a nerf blaster version of the blaster and maybe that can be modded into a blaster. But I know it's not looking likely but I'll make one final update once I get the information about it from the other sources. Unless the literature aspects doesn't count. Either way it just worth a shot and I'll update once I get the final pieces that I haven't gotten the chance to examine yet. But just in case what kind of sources do you wish to see? so that way of there wasn't something I hadn't thought of that I could look into. And unfortunately I won't have the means to make one anytime soon as I've already committed to what I have already. But it may be something for down the road once I get settled and find the evidence needed. But we'll see. So until the remaining sources get examined I'll leave this thread to everyone here to see what else we may uncover.

6 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

If it shows up in deleted scenes or is shown in behind the scenes blueray chapters that would really help. 

Thanks there I'll see if by chance i can get access to those and see about finding evidence there. thanks for the suggestion :)

49 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

If it shows up in deleted scenes or is shown in behind the scenes blueray chapters that would really help. 

ended up finding the deleted scenes, putting them into slow motion i didn't find any thing, however do we know if chewie ever fired the sx-21 blaster? the reason why i ask is because during the battle of mimban i started to see a specific set of reappearing particles/effects coming from the side of the imperials that come off as sparks. I know the projectiles which take down the AT-DT's are what appear to be rockets and give off similar effects. but some of the effects are also small like in a picture ill post separately in the next post as it's too big to include in this one. also finally got a clearer picture of one of my suspected blasters i had mentioned earlier. it is in fact a turret, and got a pretty nice shot of it. but not what i was looking for but I'll include it anyways in the pictures as it could be something else. But as far as the SX-21 if anyone can find a moment where chewbacca fires the sx-21 and matches the blaster fire to the ones in these scenes it could link the two together. But i know that'll probably not be enough. just trying throw potential links. could just be mortar fire as one scene i found looked like a mudtrooper was operating something in a ditch that fired off the suspected blaster fire i was screenshotting. which would be another good find i think for someone who may want to do like a mortarman mudtrooper. but I'll leave it up to the experienced members to decide what means what.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ArkZeroPrice said:

ended up finding the deleted scenes, putting them into slow motion i didn't find any thing, however do we know if chewie ever fired the sx-21 blaster? the reason why i ask is because during the battle of mimban i started to see a specific set of reappearing particles/effects coming from the side of the imperials that come off as sparks. I know the projectiles which take down the AT-DT's are what appear to be rockets and give off similar effects. but some of the effects are also small like in a picture ill post separately in the next post as it's too big to include in this one. also finally got a clearer picture of one of my suspected blasters i had mentioned earlier. it is in fact a turret, and got a pretty nice shot of it. but not what i was looking for but I'll include it anyways in the pictures as it could be something else. But as far as the SX-21 if anyone can find a moment where chewbacca fires the sx-21 and matches the blaster fire to the ones in these scenes it could link the two together. But i know that'll probably not be enough. just trying throw potential links. could just be mortar fire as one scene i found looked like a mudtrooper was operating something in a ditch that fired off the suspected blaster fire i was screenshotting. which would be another good find i think for someone who may want to do like a mortarman mudtrooper. but I'll leave it up to the experienced members to decide what means what.

Darn must have hit my limit on pictures, cause i only have a max size of 66.43kb limit on pictures/files so may have to wait on the pictures.

Also in terms of the 

12 minutes ago, ArkZeroPrice said:

Found the scene with chewbacca firing the blaster during the train heist scene, doesnt match up, just appears like any other blaster fire. so that rules out the suspicion.

Also ran by the behind the scenes shorts on youtube. and while there were scenes of the battle of mimban, i found that in those depictions there mostly only the e-10's being shown in those scenes. and/or it was scenes in which had already been seen. So at this point I'm pretty much convinced that there may not be any visual depiction of the SX-21 being used by anyone else (At least in solo, I know there's a scene in obi-wan where a person has one) except Chewbacca. It's s shame cause i though it'd be cool to add. but i understand that if there isn't any good sources or evidence then it can't be acted upon. So i just want to thank everyone for all the suggestions and the guidance, as well as just coming to see my case on the blaster. Cause I figured id throw it out there to help out. Maybe we'll get another chance to see the mudtroopers in action someday. but until that day comes keep fighting and surviving mudskulls :) And I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for anything if anything changes. But for now that's all i got for now. checked with some of my friends who usually collect literature as well and unfortunately they didn't have any of the written sources mentioned before so i'm at the limit of what i can access as of now. it was fun to research into. and I hope I wasn't too awkward or overbearing by bringing this topic up but i just wanted to give it a try as a means to help out :) Other than that take care my friends cause that's all I got for now.

As a means of what i've used to this point if anyone wants to pick it up from here i used mostly:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/SX-21_pump-action_scatter_blaster (A wiki which is used by a lot of starwars communities, I used it to find the necessary sources)

sources and appearances based off that wiki/website:

Appearances
Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
Obi-Wan Kenobi (television series)

Sources
Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as SX-21 blaster rifle)
Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide (First identified as SX-21 scatterblaster)
Gadgets and Gear (First identified as SX-21 pump-action scatter blaster)
StarWars-DatabankII.png SX-21 Blaster Rifle in the Databank 

https://www.starwars.com/databank/sx-21-blaster-rifle (My one and only true source that mentions the use of the SX-21 by Mudtroopers, albeit a small one.)

and well that's where my sources ended. hoped that'll help anyone if they decide to pick off where i left off but that's all i have my friends. I hope everyone is having a nice day and that if someone does pick off where i left off that they have good luck and hopefully be more successful in finding the right material needed :) 

we prefer that you link directly to a third party host such as Imgur or photobucket rather than load directly since that front loads our storage. I have dozens maybe a hundred photos linked from both of my accounts here.  Instructions on how to load images are found in the Recon Dragons instructions page. 

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

we prefer that you link directly to a third party host such as Imgur or photobucket rather than load directly since that front loads our storage. I have dozens maybe a hundred photos linked from both of my accounts here.  Instructions on how to load images are found in the Recon Dragons instructions page. 

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind for future reference. I'll show what I was suspecting but found out that it wasn't related to the sx-21 but I will put the other stuff I found in here in case it could be looked into if anyone wants once I get back later today