Proposal for a new CRL Update: Shadow Scout

As I just found, the last CRL change was in 2018/2019.

I would like propose for a new change in the current CRL. 

Submitted for consideration. 

Required Costume Components

Special Notes:

• The armor parts shall be accurate or close approximation in gloss, semi-gloss black, satin or matte black.  Slight weathering is acceptable.
  • Armor is made from one of these (or similar) types of materials:
    • Fiberglass
    • ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
    • HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene).

My Shadow Scout is built as the current CRL, just with super slight weathering, the reason I did this were the filed attached, I circled the areas where I see and assume the amour is worn in combat and has marks as dents, paint chips, nicks and spots of being worn. I know they are art work pics etc, but to give the "option/note  of slight weathering" would be great! Even in a game, you walk through dirt or mud, it gets some stains. Since the Star Wars universe offers a lot and changes in time, even when it comes to art works from comics but they are used as a reference as well. In case of any proof of my current Shadow Scout built, I do have enough pictures. Just the slight weathering is keeping me away from the approval, which is kinda a bummer. The weathering is barely visible. It would be a pity to block an approval of that! 

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

For transparency, @BlakeZ messaged me and I gave him my opinion based on the last CRL update discussion (when we overhauled it quite a bit) but will hold it for now till other staff have had the chance to review the proposal @IcyTrooper @Dropkick @Blackwatch

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the patience! Had to get some non-Legion stuff sorted this week with work. :)

I have spoken with a few DCAs about this and @RAIDER (former DL) was able to bring some context into this with regards to the actual images that have made their way into the reference image thread. Those two images that you have gleamed from the SW TCG original card deck for the Storm Commando which was actually a whole separate costume all together:

337165795_757600692559936_6797752114574398698_n.jpg.71794b857f1f0ad21b0befc899bdc8ab.jpg  337198224_760165925735346_3231689299052503397_n.jpg.a20368987dccd177d18edf902feffc1c.jpg

We do have a separate sub-forum for research on this costume back when there were discussions in 2017. With just the art images that are very loose with consistency and a possible lack of 360 degree view on the costume for the Storm Commando is why that current costume doesn't exist within our CRL library. With these images being found again I feel that it is best that we strike the reference images from the Shadow Scout reference image thread and move them over to the Storm Commando section where they belong.

Another reason we had a revision to the Shadow Scout CRL was to align it more with the SW Galaxies game as it was the most consistent and best representation of the Shadow Scout that we had for the purposes of putting a costume together, which is why there is no weathering on that costume in the CRL. There was no weathering on that costume in the game.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Right.  Yes what we discovered was that the trading cards actually present different variations of Storm Commando and really, aside from one card, none are entirely true to the Shadow Scout…so the references were abandoned for that particular CRL in favor of the Star Wars Galaxies game model.

That said, @IcyTrooper I think out of all the images I forwarded you, the Storm Commando SCOUT can be retained as a reference.  It looks to be in line w the Shadow Scout and has the same naming of scout…Storm Commando/Shadow seem to have been interchangeable in all the games/comics/toys released.  Even in SWG the character is called Storm Commando

• Thanks 1
On 4/3/2023 at 10:05 AM, RAIDER said:

Right.  Yes what we discovered was that the trading cards actually present different variations of Storm Commando and really, aside from one card, none are entirely true to the Shadow Scout…so the references were abandoned for that particular CRL in favor of the Star Wars Galaxies game model.

That said, @IcyTrooper I think out of all the images I forwarded you, the Storm Commando SCOUT can be retained as a reference.  It looks to be in line w the Shadow Scout and has the same naming of scout…Storm Commando/Shadow seem to have been interchangeable in all the games/comics/toys released.  Even in SWG the character is called Storm Commando

I can agree with the Storm Commando Scout retention as a reference :thumbsup:

On 4/6/2023 at 11:13 PM, IcyTrooper said:

I can agree with the Storm Commando Scout retention as a reference :thumbsup:

Do I dare push for a name change??? 😅😅😅

• Haha 1

The Storm Commando is a costume we have been talking about since I was DL back in... well, a long time ago. The original references showed a totally different character if compared with the Shadow Scout, Helmet, Armor everything was different, and the lack of consistency between sources made it impossible to create a CRL. Since then new ilustrators have been making images that looks closer to the Shadow Scout but still different

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Pankalla said:

Hello guys, 

I guess I will start my shadowscout soon. Already have my Kit and a finished helmet since 2018/19. 

Will there be CRL changes soon? Just checking cause i do not want to do work i have to do again cause of changes :D

There are no CRL changes expected right now. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but working on my Shadow scout right now and wanted to know, Is the tank attached to the back in the same manner as the Scout trooper, being an elastic strap that attaches to the top and bottom of the tank around the inside of the back piece? or is that not acceptable and it should be mounted directly to the back piece?

On 7/26/2023 at 9:54 PM, Gree23 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but working on my Shadow scout right now and wanted to know, Is the tank attached to the back in the same manner as the Scout trooper, being an elastic strap that attaches to the top and bottom of the tank around the inside of the back piece? or is that not acceptable and it should be mounted directly to the back piece?

Hello Gree23!

Definitely create a build thread, link below, and we can add our feedback and comments as you progress. We love to see how our new members are progressing with their builds and are here to support. 

https://forum.specops501st.com/forum/161-shadow-scout/

In terms of your question, the following are the specifics for the back armor:

Back Armor
The back armor has a center tank attached.

The top of the tank is flat with a detail piece painted black.
Top detail piece uses the same greeblies as seen on the screen-used ROTJ Biker Scout armor.
Top detail piece is painted matte black.
The tank has contrasting black stripe detail.
Optional: Additional "rank indicators" present on the right side of the tank, can number between 0 to 6 stripes.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Back and Tank must be two separate parts, no single part back/tank plates will be admissible.

Only 1, 4 or 6 stripes on tank are acceptable.
Bullet tank on the back armor has accurate greeblie tank topper detail.
Tank topper is a separate greeblie to the tank itself.
Tank topper is secured with single black colored rivet in the center of the greeblie.
Rear tank has properly placed pin striping and a single bottom attachment black rivet.

Blinking lights or LED's on the bullet tank are not acceptable.

This is one of the areas that the CRL between the ROTJ Scout and Shadow Scout deviate. There is no mention nor requirement to have an elastic for the Shadow Scout back tank.

Additionally, for completeness, it should be noted that under the ROTJ Scout, the elastic, similar to the attachment methods above, are optional for level 2 only.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1