Questions about Hard Parts

First question to the collective;

I have a WTF kit - all trimmed, sanded painted.. actually looking really good.

Looking for advice from other WTF'ers - the CRL(IP) says that the front and back armour meet at the sides.
I'm 100% I did not receive a part in the box for this purpose.
Is that correct? If so - what did you all do? Trim and shape connecting pieces out of the ABS sheets?

Thanks in advance!

the parts overlap each other, not sure what to do about the kit, I dont have one, but before the trooper flips in the RIX road scene you can see where the parts overlap, and Bozzy is working on redoing the 3d print files so they overlap this way. You may be able to add a slab on the backside of one of the parts to make this feature. 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

the parts overlap each other, not sure what to do about the kit, I dont have one, but before the trooper flips in the RIX road scene you can see where the parts overlap, and Bozzy is working on redoing the 3d print files so they overlap this way. You may be able to add a slab on the backside of one of the parts to make this feature. 

Yes, thanks.. that's why I was concerned.
Also, still looking for WTFers to confirm what they're doing to mitigate this.

It actually looks like there are multiple extra pieces on that shot, doesn't there?
Possible smooth extension on the back part and a separate place under the front, and over that extending back piece...

yeah it seems like they have almost like batwings behind the front plate.  My 3d parts from Mudtrooper.UK arent shaped this way, its different so I need to get the new updated files so I can make this to match.  Im curious if Walt will change the mold, which I kind of doubt but I may be wrong. 

• Like 1

So... I attempted my first round of serious gluing last night. 

Took the plunge and did the collar on the rear armour. It's about as tricky and annoying as I thought it would be. Turned out not as nice as I wanted it to be, but it is stable.

Thought I might have to fill the gap, but the join between the two pieces is visible on-screen.

Going to use a strapping system over the shoulders, beneath the actual rubber straps, as I don't know how much I can rely on them. Especially since I'm considering using magnet attachments.

Anyway, what I came to say was... The front and rear pieces meet at the sides. Just. However... If I eat more pies.. They will not. ;)

• Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
On 3/22/2023 at 12:05 PM, Blackwatch said:

spacer.png

The onset armour overlapped at the side and had velcro closures. If this is a stunt set they may have put an extension in to account for extra padding under the armour (looks like a back pad under the jacket bulging over the back of the belt which would be commonly worn)

• Like 3

You should be fine adding an additional extension plate for it to connect, as that would allow for a greater range of body types. This was common with Rogue One stuff. The AT-ACT driver and Imperial Combat Assault Tank Drivers have these, that was fun doing that when I did my R1 tank driver :) 

• Like 1

We have a new-to-Garrison Iden with old Jason Hill armor, actually one of his prototypes. it came with a big square of ABS to join the front and back together so she has it taped in there. 

• Like 1