Imperial Super Commando (Rebels - Animated) CRL Discussion

This will be the main listing and we'll tackle each part piece by piece (green is done, yellow is WIP, and red is not finalized).  We'll get Gar Saxon (Rebels) finished first, then address this list by copying and pasting over the finished CRL and then seeing where it differs:

• Helmet
  • Flight Suit
  • Chest Armor / Shoulder Armour
  • Back Armor
  • Jet Pack
  • Abdomen Armor
  • Gloves
  • Gauntlets
  • Hand Armor
  • Belt
  • Codpiece
  • Thigh Armor
  • Knee Armor
  • Shin Armour
  • Boots
  • Rifle

---------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Imperial Super Commando
Prefix: TX
Detachment: Spec Ops Detachment
Context: Star Wars Rebels

• Thanks 1

i see the helmet is yellow.  does that mean the info was started before? or because we are working on it right now for the build i am starting?

from what i can tell, 2 vendors have made the helmet, do3d, which isnt very accurate and skylu released a set.  Have they been viewed before? i dont think the do3d one is very accurate, as thats not what do3d cares about when they pump out the models.

skylu i havent looked at yet. so if you know, ill defer to your judgement and i can find that one.

Aleternatively, if the skylu is ok, but not perfect, i can always design a new helmet and then the detachment can pour over the model as i build it to ensure its perfectly accurate. im open to that option. that way many eyes will make a model perfect

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 3:20 PM, beren88 said:

i see the helmet is yellow.  does that mean the info was started before? or because we are working on it right now for the build i am starting?

from what i can tell, 2 vendors have made the helmet, do3d, which isnt very accurate and skylu released a set.  Have they been viewed before? i dont think the do3d one is very accurate, as thats not what do3d cares about when they pump out the models.

skylu i havent looked at yet. so if you know, ill defer to your judgement and i can find that one.

Aleternatively, if the skylu is ok, but not perfect, i can always design a new helmet and then the detachment can pour over the model as i build it to ensure its perfectly accurate. im open to that option. that way many eyes will make a model perfect

Sorry, I didn't meant to miss this initial post! The helmet text being yellow just means that that is the current step were on for drafting the CRL. I do see that you are on your way with designing the helmet in the below post!

On 5/17/2023 at 8:38 AM, beren88 said:

spacer.png

early draft of the helmet

I like it thus far!

1 hour ago, IcyTrooper said:

Sorry, I didn't meant to miss this initial post! The helmet text being yellow just means that that is the current step were on for drafting the CRL. I do see that you are on your way with designing the helmet in the below post!

I like it thus far!

yeah, i posted another wip in the other threads.  feel free to critique t and poke out any curves or things im missing. the beauty of it being modeled as we write the crl is, we can ensure its flawless before it goes to print

• Like 1