7784 Army trooper build

Hey Guys, i'm new to this detachment but not new to the Legion (since2009). I'm starting my build and taking Wasrovv's list as a template for mine.

Helmet: WTF Complete

Tunic: Jimmiroquai. / Complete & Weatherd

Trousers: Jimmiroquai. / Complete & Weatherd

Hat: Jimmiroquai. / Complete & Weatherd

Belt: Self made. Complete

Belt Boxes: Purchased from BaileysBuildDesigns. / Complete

Armor: WTF. Complete

Shoulders/Biceps: WTF. Complete

Gloves:Ravel Gloves. Complete

Boots: Leather boots from a seller in Mexico. Complete

Blaster: E-10.5 3d printed. Complete

Sling for E-10.5 : Complete

Blaster: E-11, modded Kenner Complete

Blaster: Self made airsoft Power 5 Pistol. Complete

Holster: Leather holster made from Darmans Props over at etsy. Complete

I will be posting pictures of each item soon. 

Also, reviewing the CRL i don't think that the armor color is dark grey, so I will be painting mine Flat black. I will take a risk since I trully believe that in the right enviroment it will look just like the show.

Update 10/30/23: Version 1 and 2 completed and submited for GML approval.

Update 11/6/23: Version 1 approved. Helmet completed.

Update 11/11/23: Callingit done. I will share new pics to show off all the updated parts, like the holster

Thanks.

Hi @gucabe

Welcome to the detachment forums & best wishes for your army trooper build.

Can I suggest the best course of action would be to stick to the current CRL as this is what your local GML in the Bravo garrison will use to clear your costume when fully built & sent in for clearance. Painting the armour a different colour could leave you with a issue when trying to get the costume cleared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/4/2023 at 7:32 AM, gucabe said:

Hey Guys, i'm new to this detachment but not new to the Legion (since2009). I'm starting my build and taking Wasrovv's list as a template for mine.

Helmet: WTF In-progress

Tunic: Jimmiroquai. Pending measurements/ payment made

Trousers: Jimmiroquai. Pending measurements/ payment made

Hat: Jimmiroquai. Pending measurements/ payment made

Belt: Self made. Done

Belt Boxes: Purchased from BaileysBuildDesigns. 

Armor: WTF. In-progress

Shoulders/Biceps: WTF. In-progress

Gloves:Ravel Gloves. Done

Boots: Leather boots from a seller in Mexico. Done

Blaster: E-10.5 files bought. In-progress

Sling: In-progress

Blaster: E-11, modded hasbro Done

Blaster: Self made airsoft Power 5 Pistol. Done

Holster: Leather holster made from a supplier in Mexico. Done

I will be posting pictures of each item soon. 

Also, reviewing the CRL i don't think that the armor color is dark grey, so I will be painting mine Flat black. I will take a risk since I trully believe that in the right enviroment it will look just like the show.

Thanks.

Did you receive your Jimmiroquai parts yet? Super curious how his armor is now..

• 4 weeks later...

I still believe the armor should be flat black. For the moment and while I  prepare my case on this, I will not paint it. 

It's imposisble to match accurately the lighting conditions of the troopers vs the CRL pics but here is a side by side trying to match it.

image.thumb.png.583f88e3f4c987ebd11cf11fe5060631.png

There is not enough contrast between the armor and the soft goods. Also take a look at the belt vs armor... On the left side(Show) you can see they look very close in tone vs the right side(CRL). I think this shows the difference very clearly. 

image.png.3b3a0e1a594783525850a64eb8513ca9.png

On the CRL images there is a shift on the RGB scale roughly of 38 points up between the belt and the armor, whereas the shows armor is less than 13. Ill do a better analysis when I get home as I need better pictures to compare, but to me this seems to be good evidence on why its mor flat black than grey.

• 2 weeks later...

are the biceps going to be flexible? are you holding them together so they can move with your arm as they move? I just got a set of WTF armor and if you are doing that I am curious how you are doing it.

Were youre straps made black or did you need to paint them black? 

56 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

are the biceps going to be flexible? are you holding them together so they can move with your arm as they move? I just got a set of WTF armor and if you are doing that I am curious how you are doing it.

Were youre straps made black or did you need to paint them black? 

On the Biceps, I glued (e6000) on one side, and used industrial Strength velcro on the back side. They are very tight so I had to remove almost all the lip. They Stay in place but it is a little dificult to flex. They have a strip of double sided velcro that attached to the underside of the bells. I can move freely but it is dificult for me to bend more than 90 degrees my arms. I am thinking on probably cut them a little shorter by about 1/2 inch.

The straps are black but look rubbery, so I used the same paint I used on the armor. 

The back plate needs modification, you will need to add the sideflaps so that they properly attach to the front plate.

56 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

ok thanks thats exactly what I needed to know. Under the forearms t seems like the jacket would bunch up. my snowtrooper arms are only half-arms but even then with the fabric duster closing can be difficult. 

2 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

ok thanks thats exactly what I needed to know. Under the forearms t seems like the jacket would bunch up. my snowtrooper arms are only half-arms but even then with the fabric duster closing can be difficult. 

yes and painfull, I got pinched several times and even with the thick fabric.

20 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

mine seem long, too. I have wondered if the bottoms were cut off, but you would also need to alter the bottom of the bevel. 

Agreed, I think it might be best to cut from the top  cause it's hidden in part by the bells. It sees that's the way they did it.

On 11/2/2023 at 8:20 AM, gucabe said:

Just got approved on the V1 uniform. What is the protocol to get formally afiliated to the Spec Ops?

afiliation.thumb.jpg.3e2b8450fad5fedcd58a78076efd47f4.jpg

Thanks

Your GML has to hit approve on the detachment affiliation within the Holocron.

12 hours ago, gucabe said:

I got a message from him that he cant approve it only remove. 

IMG_20231105_074638.thumb.jpg.b9dedb2c501f1ec6771e87cb52543ac5.jpg

Ahhh I had assumed that he hadn't added it from the bottom list yet, I see where I missed that. It is added now.

• Thanks 1