Scout belt rivet question

Good early morning Spec Ops detachment! I've been working on a Del Meeko build to have the entire trio of Inferno, and the CRL mentions 8 rivets on the belt. I did find a different picture on the placement of those rivets, but I'm not sure where I can buy them. I was wondering if the rivets had to be functional. All my hard parts are 3d printed so I rather not have to try and poke holes in my armor. I was hoping to just be able to glue them onto the belt in the correction position. I was also curious about the "belt" portion of the over belt. How does it attach to the scout belt. My scout belt print has slots in it where as other files I've seen didn't. Thanks all!

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

No, no need for them to be functional at all. It would be perfectly acceptable to glue them on top.

As for the attachment of the hard part of the outer belt to the belt itself, that's one that can be done a few ways. On my own Del kit I've already used two methods, but I've never been entirely happy with either:

1) I attached a strip of leather to either end of the hard belt, then stuck velcro to the other ends so that they can close behind my back.

2) I attached buckles/D-rings to the inside of the hard belt, and then fed a regular leather belt through and buckled it up out of sight behind the hard belt.

Another option I've seen done:

3) Have functional pop rivets on the hard belt, and use these to attach the hard belt to a regular leather belt.

• Thanks 1
On 12/17/2023 at 3:19 AM, tipperaryred said:

Hi Tony,

No, no need for them to be functional at all. It would be perfectly acceptable to glue them on top.

As for the attachment of the hard part of the outer belt to the belt itself, that's one that can be done a few ways. On my own Del kit I've already used two methods, but I've never been entirely happy with either:

1) I attached a strip of leather to either end of the hard belt, then stuck velcro to the other ends so that they can close behind my back.

2) I attached buckles/D-rings to the inside of the hard belt, and then fed a regular leather belt through and buckled it up out of sight behind the hard belt.

Another option I've seen done:

3) Have functional pop rivets on the hard belt, and use these to attach the hard belt to a regular leather belt.

Just wondering if this slot in the belt is approvable. There aren't many good angles and I really don't want to finish this print and then have to redo it. 

Del-Meeko-belt

Strictly speaking that slot isn't visible on the actual belt, so a GML could call you up on that. Ultimately GMLs are the only ones who have a say in this though, so I'd recommended having a chat with whoever holds that position in your local garrison or squad. Because it is so difficult to see that area clearly in any reference images, they may be happy to let you proceed with that.

• Thanks 1