Imperial Army Trooper Blaster Versions

Hey wondering if I can get some help with which blaster versions are currently approvable for the Aldhani Trooper?

I've attached some pictures of the blaster that I was using when filming but I have no idea what it's designation is as it looks different from the 10.5 as it has a "hand guard" or something on the outside of the barrel

Screenshot_20240220_201714_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240220_202227_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240220_202538_Chrome.jpg

The only officially approvable blaster for that IAT: Andor trooper in the CRL is the E10.5 blaster. Any other blaster would have to be built by a member with the appropriate reference materials (as you posted) for it to get included, unless there is another blaster out there that another detachment has built that we can pull from from the same TV series.

• Thanks 1

Only difference seems to be a picatinny rail to attach flashlights. 

The rail seems to be the same type used on the R1 E-11: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/ 

Unlike the E-11, the rail seems to be mounted over top the T-Track, rather than having a break in the T-Track. 

On 2/22/2024 at 2:14 AM, IcyTrooper said:

The only officially approvable blaster for that IAT: Andor trooper in the CRL is the E10.5 blaster. Any other blaster would have to be built by a member with the appropriate reference materials (as you posted) for it to get included, unless there is another blaster out there that another detachment has built that we can pull from from the same TV series.

In that case, we should really add the Rogue One E-11, since it is used on Andor as well :) A case could probably be made for the R1 DLT-19 as well. For both, the M300 light gets replaced with the picatinny rail. The props are otherwise identical by the looks of it. 

image.thumb.png.e49e58a43e43a65d516c99616b78f58d.pngAndor_E-11_Blaster_3.jpg

I'm sure whoever provided the blasters for the Mudtrooper/R1TK CRLs would be okay to take one photo with the light removed, if we asked them? 

Yeah I have a feeling these were leftovers from Solo that filmed here and the lights were elsewhere. 

Funnily I know of one other weapon variant but there is no clear picture of it and it never appeared on any behind the scenes stuff unfortunately

(The trooper ontop of the turret at the checkpoint had a sniper rifle variant of the e-10.5, gutted its not on screen)

I currently have shear tech making me the version I had on set that I have added pictures in the first post.

1 hour ago, Detaleader said:

image.thumb.png.26805f0386411e42e34e2373fd905acc.pngOh yeah, that's really cool! Looks like he has his flashlight still too :D

Yeah thats the best image I've seen of him, was an airsoft conversion unlike our rubber cast rifles. Had full range of motion for firing so I assumed it would show up as a hero weapon somewhere in the series but never did. Fingers crossed for season 2 🤞

• Like 1

Fraser it has to be odd to see yourself on screen like that.   When I read this my first thought was it was the picc rail, without the light.  

Lets get through the Security Trooper CRL process and we can swing back over to look at things we need to do to the Aldhani troopers. 

• Thanks 2
On 2/28/2024 at 1:51 PM, Blackwatch said:

Fraser it has to be odd to see yourself on screen like that.   When I read this my first thought was it was the picc rail, without the light.  

Lets get through the Security Trooper CRL process and we can swing back over to look at things we need to do to the Aldhani troopers. 

Incredibly odd at times, especially trying to recreate the costume. But fantastic memories.

I have been told we will be seeing atleast the security version again in Season 2

As far as I know we won't be seeing it again after that as the skipped all or the majority of the costumes (heartwrenching)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1