Director_Pimentel IAT (WIP)

Greeting my name is Kevin Pimentel from Puerto Rico Garrison. 

Im working on the IAT. Its a long journey.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Got the twp patches from EndorFinder, Fox Outdoor Products Modular Strobe/Compass Pouch Olive Drab from amazon, Condor Triple M4 mag pouch from TaticalGear and the GI LC2 Nylon Pistol Belt from Army Navy Sales. Sorry about the image quality of the color it looks like camel but is all is olive green. 

I was looking for the boots and i was looking on the "looking boots" in this forum and most i find it said sold out, does not ship to US/Puerto Rico. I found this one and i was wondering will this work this boot. It does ship to Canada, US and Puerto Rico.

TRACK WINTER BOOT FOR MEN - BLACK
https://www.boutiquemartino.com/en/products/botte-dhiver-track-noire-pour-homme?variant=40514557378744

That is a virtually identical copy of my boot and a very good find.  As long as it fits in that 8-9 inch range you are golden. 

I shot all of my web gear, webbing glove boots helmet and pouches olive green with Montana Gold Olive. I dont know if you can get that there, but if all your gear matches color-wise, you are set for L2 approval.  Good choice on the pouches BTW. 

• Like 1

Awesome, Thank you.

The good news is i found that it could ship to Puerto Rico but the bad news is they send me an email that it cannot ship because of the "rule" and they just cancelled my order.
spacer.png

Im gonna check at the local store to see if they have the Montana gold. If not. Then i need to find the same color but with alternative product name.

Also. i checked the other site and most it say it cannot be shipped to P.R.

• Sad 1

Ahhh shoot, it is probably cause it is oil based paint which ups it classification. Did they say they only shIp USPS? I thought UPS or FedEx could do it as they are cargo aircraft only.

@v7sg you have any tips or tricks for stuff to P.R. like this? I'm aware of shipping restrictions due to hazmat and chemicals on aircraft, which I'd assume is the reason for the embargo on it.

Sadly UPS is quite expensive here, but for shops and sellers it's easier to say they don't ship here. I can talk with Kevin privately to see what he needs. Will keep you posted!

• Thanks 1

look for flower paint. I tried fabric spray paint and wasnt too impressed, but you may have better luck than I did

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when I did mine i used a serger and ran off a bunch of the thread from the serger like when you finish the stitch. I layed it out on wax paper in six rows and put fabric glue on it and let it dry, then I glued it to the back of the glove with more fabric glue, and painted the whole thing. Theres photos in my IAW WIP topic. 

If you are going for L2 approval Ill recommend taking off the buckles. I know there is an image showing a buckle on one of the pouches, but thats an abberation we are working to fix in the CRL, and there are no buckles present in the source art. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry that Im just now seeing this.  Slide the buckle off and I glued my strap down so it doesnt flop around and look messy. 

• Like 1